Should Baker come back in? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Should he come straight back in? I think he should be on the bench as it would be harsh to drop anybody to let him get straight back in.

Manchester_sky_blue

I suspect that Daniels will soon burn himself out if he keeps playing as he has been. With so many kids in the team rotation is going to be key.

SkyBlueM

Depends on fitness if the current starting line up are all fit I would stick with them and bring Baker back in on the bench.

Sisued

Just on a side note 4 out of 8 of the league's top scorers play for city..... And normally id be excited about that

I think he needs to go on the bench. Why make changes to a winning team? Of course when guys start losing fitness then rotation will be key. I would love to see Fleck, Baker, Barton and Moussa all on the field together. That reads as a championship midfield to me, not League 1. Having said that I would say Baker is the weakest link there.

pusbccfc

Baker will work for his place back.

oakey

Baker will come straight back in. He is captain and senior player.
SP said it on Saturday interview with Geoff.
Young players need to be nursed through when they start their first team stint.

Baginton

Like the last time he was red carded, he will be slotted straight back into the team, which is a bloody disgrace after the way the team has played in his absence.

sisu go home

Think they're both different kinds of players and SP will play whichever best suits the game plan. Nice to have the options though! Think The Beast is another one who will cause a headache in the future.

Kingokings204

Personally I would drop Connor Thomas and put daniels in centre mid with flecky and put baker on the right as then how cant we be a better team. connor has no goals and for me just clearly not the grade though I appreciate he try's and he is young but then so is Daniel and scored 3 goals and great performances. Thomas cost us 2 out of 3 goals against crawley imo from being at the game and just looks out of his depth. so to confirm fleck and daniels centre mid, baker right and moussa left with Wilson and Clarke up front. Sounds good to me.

RoboCCFC90

Like the last time he was red carded, he will be slotted straight back into the team, which is a bloody disgrace after the way the team has played in his absence.

The last time Baker was suspended was last season for 5 yellow cards and he didn't walk straight back in, he was made to wait on the bench for 65 minutes before coming on as a sub when we played Preston (H).

Kingokings204

Carl Baker is in the top 3 players at the club I think we can all say and in some cases the best for some. Now Lionel Messi gets suspended for 3 games does he get straight back in? I wont answer that because its obvious. Why? because he is the best player there. Different leagues but same principals and Baker will be picked once available I assure you.

johnwillomagic

I love the way one person states and actual fact and then the rest bang on as if it never existed.
Baker is suspended for three matches so is not elligible for this weeks game anyhow!!!:facepalm:

Lets see how we go against Preston who I suspect will be certainly a tougher challenge than Carlisle and will be I dare say more physical than either Bristol City and Carlisle.

If we get another victory than injuries permitting I see no reason why Baker should not start on bench - why change a winning formula, would give wrong message if he came straight back in!

I love the way one person states and actual fact and then the rest bang on as if it never existed.
Baker is suspended for three matches so is not elligible for this weeks game anyhow!!!:facepalm:

Lets see how we go against Preston who I suspect will be certainly a tougher challenge than Carlisle and will be I dare say more physical than either Bristol City and Carlisle.

If we get another victory than injuries permitting I see no reason why Baker should not start on bench - why change a winning formula, would give wrong message if he came straight back in!

LMAO......Bang on the money John:claping hands:

Paxman II

I think if you substitute Daniels on say 60 minutes he will be more down than if he did not play. baker is one of the best players at the club and captain. An arm around Daniels shoulder to say he did magnificent and go prepare for the next chance to prove it again will work much better. Conversely if you deny baker as captain and one of the best players in the squad then that suggest you don't respect and rate him as highly as you do. baker must be given his head and be straight back in and not put Daniels on with the lad knowing baker is on the bench waiting for you to have a poor game under added pressure and therefore not help the team. Well in my opinion any way.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Carl Baker is in the top 3 players at the club I think we can all say and in some cases the best for some. Now Lionel Messi gets suspended for 3 games does he get straight back in? I wont answer that because its obvious. Why? because he is the best player there. Different leagues but same principals and Baker will be picked once available I assure you.

Did you really just mention Messi and Baker in the same post?

I know you weren't comparing them, but I think you may be bigging up Baker a bit too much! Before the season, I'd have probably agreed that he is one of the better players in our squad, but from what I've seen pre season and 2 games this season, there are others who are equally as good, if not more important to how the team is performing right now

Moussa to name one.

mark82

Baker was one of the best midfielders in the league last year, he will be back in. Is there a chance someone else could drop out for Baker? Would mean a reshuffle but maybe Thomas to drop to the bench?

ExmouthNeil

I think Baker is a very level-headed person/player and will not expect to drop straight back into the first team but be on the bench and then have to fight his way back or come on and make a difference to a team that may(hopefully not) be losing at the time.

He doesn't strike me as a primadonna just a really good pro that will do his best for this team...

SP should do whatever he thinks is best as he's got the lads playin how he wants and it seems pretty dam good to me.....

PUSB's

Cheers, Neil.

Users who are viewing this thread