Should AT have help? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Who pissed on your chips tonight then, kduffy? I know you are incessant in your Thorn-bashing, but surely even you can agree that we have been much improved of late and battled well and could have got something at one of the toughest sides in the division today? Maybe you're just annoyed that a takeover will entrench his position and give him the resources to stuff your words down your throat?

stupot07

Kd - can you remember that magical season with Keane when sky dubbed us 'the entertainers'? We didn't win away all season that year either.

Grendel

Kd - can you remember that magical season with Keane when sky dubbed us 'the entertainers'? We didn't win away all season that year either.

Clever answer - only one or two differences. We won several more home game to compensate, the entertainer tag was delivered by a fan and we were not then doomed to be relegated.
Worst away record out of 92 league teams is a sign of AT getting it right is it?

rob9872

I wouldn't mind what we have now with Westwood, Turner, Gunnar and King. That managed 19th last season but I reckon top half for sure if they were all still here regardless of who was in charge. That's not an endorsement for AT as I still think he is out of his depth, but he is boxing with one arm tied behind his back and no budget to change things.

Grendel

I wouldn't mind what we have now with Westwood, Turner, Gunnar and King. That managed 19th last season but I reckon top half for sure if they were all still here regardless of who was in charge. That's not an endorsement for AT as I still think he is out of his depth, but he is boxing with one arm tied behind his back and no budget to change things.

Do you work for the diplomatic corps? An answer even I in my current mood cannot argue with.

Grendel

Who pissed on your chips tonight then, kduffy? I know you are incessant in your Thorn-bashing, but surely even you can agree that we have been much improved of late and battled well and could have got something at one of the toughest sides in the division today? Maybe you're just annoyed that a takeover will entrench his position and give him the resources to stuff your words down your throat?

I agree 100% that we have seen significant improvement in attitude and performance in the last 3 games. But to suddenly be positive is a bit like saying that I would expect you to change your stance after 21 very poor games. Interesting though that after a handful of good games Thorn gets credit when we cannot blame him for poor performances as results are beyond his control.
I expect all teams that play in a Coventry shirt to perform with passion and pride despite ability. For the majority of the season I have seen a passivity of performance and an acceptance of defeat. Too little too late for me.
If a billionaire takes us over (unlikely) with the vast riches at their disposal are you seriously telling me that AT will get a "Royal" seal of approval? If Chelsea dispense with a manager for finishing only 3rd in the league I think our "Oligarch" will not take too long in dispensing with Thorn -- do you?

Nonleagueherewecome

As I keep saying: if it is Hoffman and Ranson, yes, I expect him to be given 12-18 months.

Grendel

As I keep saying: if it is Hoffman and Ranson, yes, I expect him to be given 12-18 months.

I was referring to the money man -- not Ranson and Hoffman who will no doubt take money in the form of salaries. Given 12 - 18 months? Sounds like a prison sentence!!

Users who are viewing this thread