Short List (1 Viewer)

If the "short list" really does consist of Dickov, Curle, Barmby and An other we really are in a desperate state. Yes, I know we have no money and owners that would shame the mafia but if these are the best we can come up with what a terrible fall from grace that would be..

lordsummerisle

I hear that the names on the Shortlist were Dinklage, Corbett, Davis and Prowse.

Prowse a bit of a surprise mind.

Out of those 3, i'd probs take Curle. He had a decent record at Notts and a lot of their fans were angry and confused about his sacking. A 26 game away unbeaten streak isnt bad at all and he's got around a 44% win rate at Notts. Dickov had some decent players but not great players at Oldham but i dont trust him here after the job he did there. Barmby did good at 1 club, a club he knew, was at for years and knew the tactics and players inside out, so that was why he did well there, would be a differant story here, so i'd pick Curle, but doesnt mean i want him. Awful, awful shortlist

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok a little OTT maybe :jerkit:

A little? ... A lot.

They aren't good owners at all, tbf, the situation they picked up the club was a disgrace, in hindsight, they were always going to fail but they don't run rackets, forcing people to pay 'protection money', and go round killing people, bribing the authorities do they? Or have I missed something?

People will say that they saw us and the RICOH as a cash-cow for them, but what realistic potential owners wouldn't see us as a potential cash cow. Do you think that Cortese at Southampton would've invested in Southampton if they had to pay ridiculous rent (like we do), didn't own the stadium (like us) and have no assets (like us)? I think that is the best example you could realistically get because Southampton were once in a predicament like us but becase they were profitable, they a billionaire takes them over, us? A hedge-fund.

Leicester, they may have just lost 30-odd million, but they've just brought their stadium and if they get promoted, they will rake in the cash. A multi-millionaire took them over because they are profitable, we are not. When will the majority of fans understand we are not profitable, therefore, potential investors are put off and we're stuck with SISU. It is total madness that fans do not want a low rent agreement and us to tap-in to the revenue streams CCFC deserve because in our financial situation NO ONE in their right mind will take over Coventry City Football Club. Hell, if I had the money I probably wouldn't invest until the house was sorted out!

That is the bleak future of CCFC unless we can cut costs and actually buy assets.

I guarantee if CCFC one day own the RICOH, potential investors will flock around to invest, but now, we don't and pay criminal rent, and get nothing back in revenue streams our own fans made, who wants to buy into that.

We all know now that SISU are a hedge-fund, hedge-funds take the big risk (which can reap big rewards) takers in the capitalist cycle, and guess what? CCFC were the risk, and it did not work. Southampton and Leicester meanwhile, safer investments, they get a billionaire and multi-millionaire respectively.

:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread