SHOOT (1 Viewer)

Deity

I'd also add 'Play it simple' and 'Get it forward' to the list.

Yesterday was bad for people around me also shouting 'Press' despite not understanding how Norwich play or how to press.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Robins set the approach to the press and all 3 strikers followed it to the letter.

the crowd frustration came when we were 1 down and Norwich were using our low press to waste time.

fans were blaming Simms and Wright but it was clear when Godden came on and did exactly the same thing it was all part of the plan.

Robins confirmed after the match he was pleased with how we stopped Norwich playing through from the back.

Given the lack of attacking intent from Norwich we should have pushed on one more player to stop the time wasting.

Hobo

Life time ban from the CBS for the next tactical genius who shouts this out. Does my head in.

And normally when a shot isn't on!

Forward! Is another annoying one, normally from panickers who have never played football.

My third hate is fans moaning at players for not putting in a challenge. Okay looking down on the pitch it looks like a player is four foot away from the ball. In reality he is twelve foot away and hasn't got a hope in hell of reaching the ball.

napolimp

I've got one behind me who spends the whole match shouting - DRIVE!

I'd fancy a fan bullshit bingo for the matches, if anyone was willing to set it up.

ptr

The booing when Simms and Wright weren’t pressing the centre backs was a bit too much. Every time they did it was bopped round them. Clearly been told to keep the shape and wait for a mistake, which there were plenty of we just didn’t capitalise.

Greggs

I genuinely think 95% of football fans have no idea what they’re talking about
Unlike you, who tells everyone what an expert you are because you used to manage part time and have forgotten more in 30 seconds blah blah blah....

Tomh111

The booing when Simms and Wright weren’t pressing the centre backs was a bit too much. Every time they did it was bopped round them. Clearly been told to keep the shape and wait for a mistake, which there were plenty of we just didn’t capitalise.
Exactly this.

90% of people think that pressing is brainlessly charging at the player in possession.

There is now also an obsession with pressing across the entire pitch all the time, so when we play a lower block they get shitty.

skybluecam

Shouting shoot and agricultural football opinions are all part of the match day experience for me.

Are people supposed to call for subtle tactical adjustments to exploit the perceived weaknesses of the opponents set up instead?

Tomh111

Shouting shoot and agricultural football opinions are all part of the match day experience for me.

Are people supposed to call for subtle tactical adjustments to exploit the perceived weaknesses of the opponents set up instead?
No - but just shout less inane stuff, angrily at the team.

Maybe try something encouraging or make some noise to add to the atmosphere.

procdoc

A guy behind me starts calling Eccles shit as soon as he gives the ball away so you can only imagine what he was like after his error on Saturday

BlueSkiesForever

Why do people not want anyone to shout “switch it” or “forward” or “shoot” or “1-2”?? Clearly shouting “shoot” when there’s no shot on is pointless but there’s a few times when there’s a clear shot on and we opt to pass it, or even a good chance to switch it to Saka or Dasilva out wide and instead we go back to our defenders.
I’ve yet to hear anyone shout “sidewards” or “pass it back” but maybe that’s what people on here want? 😂 We’re brilliant at a good old sideways pass though, better than anyone else in the league 👌😂

Tomh111

Why do people not want anyone to shout “switch it” or “forward” or “shoot” or “1-2”?? Clearly shouting “shoot” when there’s no shot on is pointless but there’s a few times when there’s a clear shot on and we opt to pass it, or even a good chance to switch it to Saka or Dasilva out wide and instead we go back to our defenders.
I’ve yet to hear anyone shout “sidewards” or “pass it back” but maybe that’s what people on here want? We’re brilliant at a good old sideways pass though, better than anyone else in the league
Maybe 26,000 people who didn't make it as professional footballers should leave tactical decisions, decisions on when to take a shot, and decisions on the build-up play to the 11 blokes who did and the management team who've delivered 2 promotions and a Championship play off final.

That's my opinion on the situation and why I find it frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread