Shit Coventry players (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

One these was an England captain!!!! Might not have showed best form of career but hardly a s#/t player.
Bit harsh on David Bowman and Peter Billing, both had some decent games. In fact I quite liked Peter Billing not great but
quite OK.

Yeah I thought Billing was alright. If memory serves me right he never really got consistent ‘game time’. Would it have been andy Pearce keeping him out?

Last edited:

Adge

Yeah I thought Billing was alright. If memory serves me right he never really got consistent ‘game time’. Would it have been andy Pearce keeping him out?
Jeez-yeah. Throw Andy Pierce into the mix aswell-forgot about him.

Frank Sidebottom

Simeon Jackson, Runaar Normann, Pressley, Delorge, Sherwood, lampety and the 10 or so random players Strachan signed for £1-2m each from countries I'd never heard of and hardly ever played.

Paul Anthony

Leon Barnett.

The game that sticks in mind was the game against Norwich where our centre backs parted as if Moses had just commanded the red sea to part before him.

Grendel

Ok — Garry Mcallister.

Adge

Would have said Gavin Strachan but I played with him in a tournament not long ago and he was the best player in our team and tournament by a mile-we won it aswell!
Think he was in the famous Moldovan team that won at Villa Park aswell.

SlowerThanPlatt

Would have said Gavin Strachan but I played with him in a tournament not long ago and he was the best player in our team and tournament by a mile-we won it aswell!
Think he was in the famous Moldovan team that won at Villa Park aswell.

Of course he would be, the difference between those pros who mostly played in L1/L2 and players who have only played Sunday league/semi-pro is massive

And yes he played 88 mins that day

Grendel

oucho

Anyone remember Dylan McGeouch? 8 games on loan from Celtic, was rubbish in all 8 of them.
I barely remember him....felt like he was on the bench but never played. Perhaps he was so crap it just seemed like he didn't play.....

Jordan Stewart, from the first season in L1. Played towards the end of the season after signing on a free. Was so unmemorable I kept calling him Jermaine Stewart, which is sad as he never had a pop career. The lad was quite a prospect at Leicester when he came through their youth ranks, I seem to recall.

Adge

Tony Sheridan
Couldn't get on with the manager at the time who was Phil Neal. Used to lodge at my mums neighbours at the Forum in Coventry. Terrible snooker player as well, didn't like it when I beat him regularly.:emoji_grin:

M&B Stand

Couldn't get on with the manager at the time who was Phil Neal. Used to lodge at my mums neighbours at the Forum in Coventry. Terrible snooker player as well, didn't like it when I beat him regularly.:emoji_grin:

I bet you never gave him a sniff

Adge

Ray Woods. We signed him after seemingly impressing over two FA cup games against Wigan, early 1990's.
And I think we were both at that game, Spring field park standing on the muddy hill watching people slip on their arses while it was lashing down?

oscillatewildly

And I think we were both at that game, Spring field park standing on the muddy hill watching people slip on their arses while it was lashing down?
Wasn't there, Adge. I do recall watching the highlights tho and some dainty footwork from our support on that slippery slope.

Users who are viewing this thread