Shirts to Purchase (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

Sure you guys have already seen it but McFadzean match worn shirt is on up Ebay. Doesn’t come cheap however, current bid £355.

Yes saw that, going to go for over £500 I'd imagine. Far too much for me.

Good idea from the club exploring new revenue streams like this.

AlansEyes

These ones? I didn't realise they were going for that much money!
Yup, that's the one. The one I saw was £150 but did have Wegerle on the back which adds probably £30 or so to the value. It was also on Vintagefootballshirts and all of those sites are pricey. They might go for a bit less on eBay, but they don't come up all that often. There is one that has been knocking around on there for absolutely ages (months) but they want something absolutely ridiculous for it like £250 - the seller said to me he knows no one will probably ever pay that - no idea why he lists it for that price!

It's tricky with the prices. I've seen the red early 90s away shirt sell for £150 but managed to pick one up for £50. Same with the early 90s purple and yellow away shirt. I missed out on the later 90s purple and yellow away shirt last year, it went for £30, the next one I saw went for £80! It's a bit all over the place.

Oh, and if either of those are Small or Medium and you fancy selling, give me a shout!

Alex1987

Yup, that's the one. The one I saw was £150 but did have Wegerle on the back which adds probably £30 or so to the value. It was also on Vintagefootballshirts and all of those sites are pricey. They might go for a bit less on eBay, but they don't come up all that often. There is one that has been knocking around on there for absolutely ages (months) but they want something absolutely ridiculous for it like £250 - the seller said to me he knows no one will probably ever pay that - no idea why he lists it for that price!

It's tricky with the prices. I've seen the red early 90s away shirt sell for £150 but managed to pick one up for £50. Same with the early 90s purple and yellow away shirt. I missed out on the later 90s purple and yellow away shirt last year, it went for £30, the next one I saw went for £80! It's a bit all over the place.

Oh, and if either of those are Small or Medium and you fancy selling, give me a shout!

Yes Vintagefootballshirts is expensive. I've only ever bought one shirt from there and it was the one you mention with Wegerle - £120 I managed to negotiate for it. The one thing I would say is the quality is fantastic. Literally flawless - I suspect it was never worn.

Some of the eBay sellers are bizarre. There have been some shirts circulating at ridiculous prices on there for what must be years!

Marty

Yes saw that, going to go for over £500 I'd imagine. Far too much for me.

Good idea from the club exploring new revenue streams like this.

Wouldn't mind an Ostigard, hamer or walker one. I hope they put more up in the coming days.

AlansEyes

Yes Vintagefootballshirts is expensive. I've only ever bought one shirt from there and it was the one you mention with Wegerle - £120 I managed to negotiate for it. The one thing I would say is the quality is fantastic. Literally flawless - I suspect it was never worn.

Some of the eBay sellers are bizarre. There have been some shirts circulating at ridiculous prices on there for what must be years!
Oh man, I offered them £130 and never heard back! Well, if you ever fancy selling it I would definitely be interested. My first ever City shirt was that one and it had Wegerle 17 on the back, so that one was perfect!

Alex1987

Just bumping with a picture of my latest requirements:

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_20210628_092749383.jpg
    PhotoCollage_20210628_092749383.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65

baldy

Man I’d luv to get my mitts on that purple & yellow/orange whatever away top again (the one that always reminds me of Isaias randomly)

ajsccfc

I had that red and black one, a million times better than the home version but the big shiny sponsor ruined it all the same. Allsop and Allsop toning it down for the first season with hummel was an abolutely blessing.

Alex1987

I had that red and black one, a million times better than the home version but the big shiny sponsor ruined it all the same. Allsop and Allsop toning it down for the first season with hummel was an abolutely blessing.

For Sale?

tom88

I am willing to sell both my season ticket membership shirts (last season and this season)

both Large, never been worn and they still have the tags on.

stevefloyd

I have a fleece jacket in that grey colour I think its XL somewhere in my wardrobe, I can't ever remember wearing it

Terry Gibson's perm

Parents have had a clear out and found a few of my old shirts currently trying to get the name of the back of this one and it’s like wearing a tent.

cov_george

cov_george

Found a site that has most of home away + shirts

Still think there is one missing from early 80's as I'm sure I recollect that we had Tallon as shirt sponsor at one time

Alex1987

Bumping this. For those following me on Instagram you have seen my colleion expand this year. I have decided to trudged every shirt since 1987 (year I was born, we won the Cup and before that they dont seem to be available really). I therefore need the following 7 I anyone can help.

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_20211122_201810031.jpg
    PhotoCollage_20211122_201810031.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread