Shipley Surprising a Young Fan (1 Viewer)

joemercersaces

So much going the right way at the moment. Notts County away, Wembley, the bus, upturn in season ticket sales, the spontaneous generosity of fans chipping in to buy season tickets for other less well-off fans, this!

Mark Robins and Michael Doyle should take a lot of credit as should the other players who seem to be a genuine bunch of decent lads who have each other’s backs. My lad has had recent dealings with Tom Davies and thinks the world of him as a down to earth, friendly and approachable bloke who’s also a lot of fun.

Steve Archibald once said that team spirit is an illusion glimpsed in the aftermath of victory. I think this squad is proving him wrong. Long may it continue.

Nick

Administrator
So much going the right way at the moment. Notts County away, Wembley, the bus, upturn in season ticket sales, the spontaneous generosity of fans chipping in to buy season tickets for other less well-off fans, this!

Mark Robins and Michael Doyle should take a lot of credit as should the other players who seem to be a genuine bunch of decent lads who have each other’s backs. My lad has had recent dealings with Tom Davies and thinks the world of him as a down to earth, friendly and approachable bloke who’s also a lot of fun.

Steve Archibald once said that team spirit is an illusion glimpsed in the aftermath of victory. I think this squad is proving him wrong. Long may it continue.
Was his dealings a scrap and a beer with Davies? :)

You are right though, if we had this sort of spirit before there's no way we would have been relegated.

Irish Sky Blue

This is a great memory for your son, forever Sky blue, cemented by this act alone.
In the first season in Division 1 my sister went on dates with a player and he used to pick her up at our house in Henley Green and take her out. The player was a lovely man who seemed genuinely happy to talk with me and my junior school friends who amazingly seemed to appear when his car was outside.
He had no issues with having a kick about whilst waiting or telling us what is was like to be marked by Bobby Moore or on the same pitch as Jimmy Greaves.
If he was marked by Bobby Moore he must have been a forward. Bobby Gould got married that close season so wasn’t him. I’m going to plump for John Tudor?

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to the boy but it's hardly rock 'n' roll!

I started reading and saw "Jordan told us he actually slept with" and was like

giphy.gif

"his play off medal"

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread