Shipley / Allen - do they have a future here ? (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

Not a Shipley/Allen abuse thread here but with limited playing time recently has Robins come to the conclusion that neither are good enough for the championship or is it simply that we have a better first 11 and they can’t break into it at present.

JoshCCFC1987

Can’t see both being moved on as we don’t have the budget to replace both I’d imagine but I can certainly see one of them being let go

rob9872

Yes I'm a little biased on this one but at 23 I think Shippers still has improvement in him. I don't think after this season we'd command a great fee and he's not among the higher earners so I'd keep him fir another season. If he can step to the level as he did after time in both L2 & L1, then he'd cost more to replace. We'll again be among the smaller budgets next season too. I like Jamie, but he's a bit older and has already tried at this level with Burton before so I can't see him staying if I'm honest, but again good to have around the place, no trouble to the manager and has proved he too has a goal in him at the level. I'd keep him, but suspect he'll want regular game time and will be off.

stupot07

No, time to move them on. Anyone who has not been good enough to really push for a starting berth this season needs to be moved on. (Obviously, excludes the kids).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Allen - time to move on. Not right for our formation, maybe a level too high for him

Shippers - seems to have gone off the rails but has a talent. Maybe a 6 month loan out could do him good.

Hertsccfc

Both have been disappointing this year. Not sure if it is lack of confidence or they are not up to the level.

I would keep Shipley as I think he has proved before that he can step up eventually. I would be inclined to let Allen go reluctantly. I thought he would do better at this level.

shmmeee

I think considering what we have in midfield and what we need in midfield there’s really no room in the squad for either. I’d move them both on to anyone who will have them, might get a bit for Shipley with a sell on, doubt you’d get much for Allen. Bring in AMs with more pace and quality.

Mr Panda

I think both will be gone if we can find them clubs, maybe Shipley on loan somewhere for the season to get him regular football again.

Our budget constraints surely should mean we can't afford to keep players around who aren't quite there in terms of stepping up to this level.

Sky Blue Pete

Ipswich wanted shipley and I’m sure Allen would find a league 1 club. I think they will be allowed to leave if an offer comes in.

higgs

Probably both good league one players championship is a different story

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatso

Ideally I'd replace them both, but budget restrictions will almost certainly dictate things.

I just cant see the point in keeping players that arnt putting pressure on the first team.
So that's the likes of,
Allen, Shipley, Bakayoko, Kastaneer, Hilsner, Jobello, and Mason.
I havnt included Biamou as hes probably played enough games to earn himself another year, all be it as a fourth choice striker.

Samo

No. If we are realistic about competing, and with a heavy heart... No

Samo

This is player abuse at it's finest. You should be utterly ashamed. People like you don't belong in modern society.

I think people who make statements like ''People like you don't belong in modern society'' probably don't belong in modern society. Whatever the fuck that means.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins just doesn’t use Shipley now even as a sub. I think the writing is on the wall that this league too much of a stretch for him. Allen as well will be off the payroll.

Reality is we have to keep progressing and this summer will be one of the most important squad building exercises to push us to an established Champ side.

Greggs

I think people who make statements like ''People like you don't belong in modern society'' probably don't belong in modern society. Whatever the fuck that means.
I think people who are offended by everything and feel the need to bite at obvious sarcastic comments - they don't belong in modern society either. But I hope you feel better for getting involved

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some of Shipley's performances this season have been an utter disgrace. How anyone could want him here next season is baffling.

I really do appreciate his service to the club in the past though, and in the lower leagues he proved a decent asset. Not sure it is just the step up this season, he's looked like his head hasn't been on it.

I think Allen has something more about him, but if we want to kick on, I wouldn't retain either.

Marty

Definitely not, Shipley is bang average league one, and Allen is better but league one is his limit. Should have tried to freshen up that position last season.

larry_david

Shipley needs to sort his fitness out. He's been found out big time or, he's let his fitness go to pot. Either way as someone said he doesn't even get a look in last 5 mins now.

stevefloyd

Allen- battles well but is quite slow and easily gets knocked off the ball is capable of the odd goal but well down the pecking order, we need players who can either force their way for a start or make an impact from the bench, sadly this isn't the case as he has shown...who in the current squad would you play him in front of?

Shipley- can pick some brilliant passes at times and can score goals but lacks concentration and on numerous occasions has done something really well only to pass the ball straight to the opposition, doesn't tackle and on a few occasions loses the ball and just ambles back instead of trying to correct a wrong, yes he is 'one of our own ' but seems to be struggling to come to terms with this league I think its time for him to move on because we cannot carry any players and we need better quality now

Users who are viewing this thread