Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (3 Viewers)

Briles

A fairly ugly win but they all count.

Ref shite.

Godden complete passenger as usual. He is so lost in that role in this formation. I don’t understand why Robins keeps picking him. He’s not fast, not tall, not strong. What does he offer?

we play a lot of cut backs into the box and he’s a good finisher

robbiekeane

The world is full of scum bags and everyone pretends that we are all a nicey nicey equal society but we have shit like this, we have Dabo getting racist abuse online, we have people on this forum saying Troy Deeney was a diversity hire, and people saying it’s funny to have flags that as well as joking about people dying in accidents also makes racist references to eating dog meat

Im fucking sick of it

p.s. I’m a straight white male so god knows how other people in our fan base feel

Manchester_sky_blue

Maybe Tavares for Godden, but I think throwing random kids in is a recipe for disaster. Will be interesting to see what team they put out as the league will be more important to them too.
Take your point but all 3 are training with the first team and playing regularly for the reserve sides. I'd at least like to see them on the bench.

Esoterica

Im slightly confused my some of the Wednesdays fans abuse to palmer for "goading" them.

Yes it's a bit silly for a player to give some back. But it's hardly foul play and worth crying about. esp as he was clearly being given some early on int he match.
I will never ever understand why some football fans think they can chant and scream anything they like at a football player but then when a player has a go back, act like they just caught the player screwing their wife.

RegiswasGod

Godden - 6 goals
Simms - 3 goals

We can all pick out stats but one stat doesn’t tell you anything, either way…

Godden started and chased / harried their defenders well, he forced mistakes and helped put them on edge leading to hurried clearances / turning over possession. Simms wouldn’t have offered that I doubt first half.

Simms came on when we needed a target man to aim for and hold the ball up, and it gave them something different to think about. He chased, and to be fair I think it’s the most I’ve seen him run after loose balls, but he was there to offer himself as an outlet not necessarily to run in behind, hence he had more touches coming towards the ball.

It has been said before - horses for courses, and both played their roles well today I thought.
Easy. Pop the common sense back in the drawer. Some of these idiots don't understand it

Hobo

Am I missing something, what did Palmer do?
Nothing apart from calling out some sado racist in the crowd to the ref and stewards

AJB1983

Bizarre that the Wednesday fans are saying he goaded them… if he said they were hit then he’s only saying what 29k of us thought on boxing day as well.
He wasn’t exactly asking to be called whatever he was called? Fucking morons.

Users who are viewing this thread