Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

hill83

Thought it was a mediocre half of football for the most part and I watched it all apart from 2 mins when the goal was scored to wipe my sons arse.
Seen it now, some strike. Would be a great 3 points if we can grind it out. Simms for Godden pls.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

How many pints has he had?

stupot07

Been a really poor quality game, lit up by a tremendous goal by Sheaf.

The pitch is so poor you can see the players struggling to control routine passes and trying to take it with their strong foot even if the pass is to their wrong side.

Kitching has been sloppy but made up for it with that clearance. Bidwell is having a mare, Palmer has been poor, Godden has been anonymous bar 1 cushioned header. Not got Sakamoto or MVE into to the game at all. O'Hare has done ok, but Sheaf, Eccles and Thomas are the pick of the bunch in the first half.

I'd get Simms on for Godden, and maybe Palmer off for Dasilva or Allen. I would take Bidwell off for Dasilva but we may need his height to help defend those long throws, despite how poor he's been.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Game for Simms I think. More brute force than intricate passing. Goddens been OK tho, he’s had worse halves recently.

SkyblueTexan

Tricky game so far. We need a second for sure. Pitch is shit. Ref has been okay and favored us a little in my opinion which is fine by me. Great goal by Sheaf who’s played very well. Some misplaced passes at the back have given me palpitations, but thankfully Sheff Wed didn’t take advantage. Not sure about subs at the moment.

TomRad85

Wednesday blaming him for everything. He's let them get away with some shockers.
I think our players are making sure the Wednesday players don't control him which is great to see. We've been soft in the past at times.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

He lacked the pace on the through ball but besides that has forced lots of errors , still think the game was made for ellis with the balls into the channels , can't complain though , winning 1-0 .. bidwell worst on the pitch but getting no mention

agreed re Bidwell, he’s defending well enough but two out of every three passes have gone to one of their players

Simms on for Godden at some point, again I agree, but Simms won’t press as high if at all and that’s where it looks like they will make a mistake every time they are chased down.

stupot07

Sakamoto and Van Ewijk pronounced correctly, but Sheaf aka Shafe/Chafe is too difficult lol
We don't even pronounce Van Ewijk properly when we sing his song. He was interviewed and said it is A (as in Hay/may/play) Vac (as in Back/sack/crack). So A-Vac not EE-Wick or EE-Vick.

shmmeee

No worries, Make sure you turn it back on after. I did a bit of reading and it looks like site's often get picked up with false positives by Avast with that script.

You should be able to whitelist the url so it turns off just for that page. Not an avast user tho so no help sorry.

BananaFlats

Nah, it was after he got fouled. Their player moaned about the decision (despite being an obvious foul) so assumed he was booking him for dissent but then showed it to Sheaf instead.

It looked like the ref indicated Sheaf kicked the ball away to kill some time, hence the booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yank

Very scrappy game and quite happy to be up a goal. Need a second one early to put this one to bed. Wednesday desperately need every point they can get just to stay up this season so will be a fight the second half.

Ref has been crap for both sides tbf.

long way home

We need to keep our disapline this ref looks like je likes to be unpredictable. Keep our shape, keep our heads be another massive win.

Subs will play a part in this, Lats, Allen and Simms will be seen 2nd half at some point.

no_loyalty

This is a game we need to grind out an ugly win, the pitch is dreadful and stopping us playing our normal quick passing game.

SkyblueTexan

fuck me, we’re playing well and bossing the game, and just because Godden hasn’t scored (although he’s kept the defenders occupied and made intelligent runs, been found a few times and linked well with the front players) he’s getting grief before the end of the first half??

Fuck sake 🙄
Godden has been okay. Needs better service. At times COH, MVE and Saka have not picked him out with passes around the box for tap ins that were there for the taking.

Sbarcher

Nah, it was after he got fouled. Their player moaned about the decision (despite being an obvious foul) so assumed he was booking him for dissent but then showed it to Sheaf instead.
After he won the foul he kicked the ball across the goal. This is the reason he was booked.

mrtrench

A very scrappy game. Wednesday disrupting our flow well: pressing hard and defending well. The best few chances fell to them but they so far look ineffective when the chances arrive. Palmer the pick for us. Godden chasing shadows, he has been on the receiving end of some good through balls but he's edged off the ball easily by their defenders. No surprise as they are all long balls for Vik or Simms.

Winning from a moment of brilliance from Sheaf.

A miserable, cold and wet day. Maybe that's why the game is so poor.

stupot07

Just checked who scored. Godden touched the ball 3 times in 45 minutes. 3 passes, completed 2. No other touches inc. tackles, shots, etc.

Are you telling me Simms wouldn't have been more involved.

Larry Fan

Just checked who scored. Godden touched the ball 3 times in 45 minutes. 3 passes, completed 2. No other touches inc. tackles, shots, etc.

Are you telling me Simms wouldn't have been more involved.

He’s playing well in my view

slowpoke

Think we are just about being 1-0 up but we need to tighten up we are a bit ragged Wednesday lobbing ball in the air trying to disrupt our passing game.
Thought Bidders not as good as normal but that side of the pitch is like a ploughed field.
Need another early goal.
Those having a go at Godden talking tripe he’s run is balls off up front.

skyblu3sk

You should be able to whitelist the url so it turns off just for that page. Not an avast user tho so no help sorry.
I had a quick look and couldn't spot it. Saying that if someone had managed to hijack it with something really nasty I'd prefer it flagged.

Users who are viewing this thread