Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Owls fans ripping into Diaby, should never wear the shirt again, worst player on the pitch, at fault for 2 goals. Let’s hope he stays in the team for Saturday and has a repeat performance.
Christ, just watched the highlights. 100% at fault for the first 2 goals, awful mistakes.

JulianDarbyFTW

6-0 at half time. Goals galore. Reda Johnson lumbers onto the pitch and sprays his luminous yellow piss against the corner flag. Game abandoned. Chaos descends.

That or a 1-0 win. Undecided.

slowpoke

AOM

If we want to make the play offs, this is the type of game we ideally need to be winning, but can see a draw.
Probably then beat them in the cup next week

Skyblueweeman

i would

even if match fit which is a doubt after having not played since december he is unlikely to chnage the midfield after a good win
Yeah, unless MR is wanted to rest one of the midfielders from the Leicester game.

I'd also be very surprised if he starts. Maybe a cameo off the bench.

PVA

Yes Allen did well off the bench and would be next in line to start if he does want to rest anyone, but I think he'll stick with Sheaf and Eccles.

Torp may get a few minutes and then maybe half an hour in the cup game.

BlueSkiesForever

I’d probably pick the following for the Wednesday game:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles/Torp, Sheaf, Palmer
Sakamoto, Simms, O’Hare

I just think Simms offers more than Godden, not much between them tbh, neither have been scoring much recently in the Championship but I think Simms’ pace and strength is probably more useful than what Godden has to offer.

SonofErnie

I’d probably pick the following for the Wednesday game:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles/Torp, Sheaf, Palmer
Sakamoto, Simms, O’Hare

I just think Simms offers more than Godden, not much between them tbh, neither have been scoring much recently in the Championship but I think Simms’ pace and strength is probably more useful than what Godden has to offer.
I agree with that selection, though I doubt Torp will be considered just yet.

Simms occupies the defence far more than Godden and is creating space others are exploiting. Hopefully he can start to score a few soon.

shmmeee

Do you only listen to half of what MR says? Torp hasn’t played since the start of December - he has yet to get up to speed.

TBF how much training does a player need after a winter break? I can’t imagine it’s too much. Plenty of players come into the side after a weeks training following a similar injury layoff.

Still don’t think he’ll start just cos Robins likes to indoctrinate players before they start, look at Kitching and Saka.

SeaSeeEffCee

TBF how much training does a player need after a winter break? I can’t imagine it’s too much. Plenty of players come into the side after a weeks training following a similar injury layoff.

Still don’t think he’ll start just cos Robins likes to indoctrinate players before they start, look at Kitching and Saka.
It wasn’t a winter break, it was the end of the Norweigan season. Torp has most likely spent the past month on holiday. This week was essentially the equivalent of him coming back for pre-season training.

Tommo1993

I don’t think that much - you’d expect a professional to keep themselves going. But as you say, he’s joining an in form team. Even if fully match fit, there’s absolutely no reason I’d drop any usual starters for his sake.

Hobo

Apparently his registration hadn’t come through in time, don’t you believe MR ?

Can't see him playing for 2-3 weeks even if on the bench. He is in pre season training mode not having played for 5 weeks, he has been on holiday. He will also need a period of adjustment.

Anyway on our current form there is no rush to play him. In the current squad he is replacing Ayari who hardly featured. There is no rush to put him in until he is ready, which was the same with Kitching and Collings.

hamertime

With Torp it will all depend on how he looks in training with the other boys. If he’s smashing it and at the level I’m sure hell just put him in the squad. Can’t see him starting unless we have injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread