Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (10 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

Surprised Simms is not starting again, as good as Godden’s finishing is I’m still yet to be convinced that he works well in the current system.
I don’t think there’s much in tbh but I think if Godden doesn’t start scoring soon then Simms should come back in for him.

PVA

Pleasantly surprised to see Torp on the bench

Probably gets a 2 minute cameo at the end of the game I'd say

TomRad85

I thought Simms might come in for either Palmer of Godden actually, but that bench is starting to look strong!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

That squad with Wright back and a couple of nice additions... damn! See you all at Wembley.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

procdoc

Not got a good feeling about this game. It’s strange as I’ve been looking forward to it all week but got this nagging fear they will do us today

ptr

Good, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Kelly has been brilliant for us for years and is a big part of our climb up the leagues, but there's a point you have to move on to progress.

Absolutely. Played well end of last year despite what people say. I think he’d be an excellent signing for someone in league one.

shmmeee

Can’t shake the idea we don’t win today I’m afraid. But couldn’t shake that last week either sooo…

Hobo

It isn't down to fitness.

Robins stated that he needs to learn his defensive role or words to that effect. That will be mainly done on the training ground. Can't see him playing for several weeks at least.

When I said fitness I was talking match fitness. All players come back fit I have also said he needs time to adjust. Fans also forget he, like any player joining has personal stuff to sort out.
If he is on the bench it will be mainly to acclimatize to the squad and match day experience in UK.

SkyBlueGuy

Not sure why there’s a belief a £2.1m signing is a liability TBH
I'm not sure it's quite that. Only that he's only just joined and as has been evident so far this season, it can take players a while to adapt. If we're winning, but it's tight, I can see the arguement for relying on more established players who know the system than risk a newer player if he isn't quite ready. Obviously only Robins will know, if he thinks Torp is ready, then we may well see him either way.

mark82

Not sure why there’s a belief a £2.1m signing is a liability TBH
Don't think that it's because anyone thinks he's a liability, it because he'll still be building his fitness. It's essentially a pre-season period for him.

Users who are viewing this thread