Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

That wasn't the same, that was one fan who was arrested and kicked out.

Yesterday was a number of people racially abusing a player over an extended moment of time which led to what seems like multiple monkey chants.

Yes while we have racist fans to say we have had an incident like yesterday is pretty disingenuous.

I'm not making it a competition for who has more racist fans but the idea that we haven't had incidents or have not heard fans say racist comments is wrong.

Hence why I think a collective show of solidarity with Palmer is better.

Cheylesmore ITK

I'm not making it a competition for who has more racist fans but the idea that we haven't had incidents or have not heard fans say racist comments is wrong.

Hence why I think a collective show of solidarity with Palmer is better.
That is not what you said though.

We have not had any incidents like yesterday and to say we have is simply an untruth.

hill83

Palmer will know anyway and from reading the Wednesday thread it’s just decent people panicking. Treat it like a normal game.

Cheylesmore ITK

We have? I've just pointed to an incident where a Coventry fan was racist to a Stoke player.
It's not the same is it. Did we in large numbers abuse a player for an extended period of which built up to people making monkey gestures at him? No we didn't so forgive but stop lying as you are part of the problem. Not every club has the same issues and some supports are more racist than others.

Please stop talking the utter rubbish you are.

Evo1883

Podcast guy apologised .. to be fair it seems pretty sincere but I'm not kasey palmer , who he has directly tagged in the apology.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

It's not the same is it. Did we in large numbers abuse a player for an extended period of which built up to people making monkey gestures at him? No we didn't so forgive but stop lying as you are part of the problem. Not every club has the same issues and some supports are more racist than others.

to be fair to @pusbccfc they’re right, it doesn’t matter if it’s one or one hundred, racism is racism - we can’t preach holier than thou if we’re guilty ourselves…it’s only ‘not the same’ because luckily it happened pre game rather than during, otherwise it could’ve escalated!

you can’t be ‘more racist’ - you either are or are not, simple!

Cheylesmore ITK

to be fair to @pusbccfc they’re right, it doesn’t matter if it’s one or one hundred, racism is racism - we can’t preach holier than thou if we’re guilty ourselves…it’s only ‘not the same’ because luckily it happened pre game rather than during, otherwise it could’ve escalated!

you can’t be ‘more racist’ - you either are or are not, simple!
you can be more racist and incidents can be more extreme

All racism is bad but some racist acts can be more extreme.

pusbccfc

I'm not sure it's up to me and you to decide whether a gesture or words are worst to be honest.

What is the problem you're talking about?

pusbccfc

Podcast guy apologised .. to be fair it seems pretty sincere but I'm not kasey palmer , who he has directly tagged in the apology.

He's been absolutely slaughtered to be honest. Even his responses are getting slated. I think he's learned a lesson and hopefully others have to but people need to leave it at that now.

Frostie

This same podcast told their previous manager to "f*%k off back to his own country" of course & brushed that under the carpet too. Good to see one of them (who isn't the perpetrator) has some morals.

David O'Day

He's been absolutely slaughtered to be honest. Even his responses are getting slated. I think he's learned a lesson and hopefully others have to but people need to leave it at that now.
It's not the first time for him though is it.

Users who are viewing this thread