Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

I’d do that aswell. It’s just a ballache. The crowds aren’t there for a replay. If we draw to Sheff wed - can’t see there being 15k for a replay On a cold Tuesday night.

the replays benefit nobody at this stage. The 3rd round may benefit non League sides but only if they get a big side. But come the 3rd round there’s hardly any there.
If Maidstone get a draw away at Ipswich this weekend they 100% have earned the right to a replay at their ground on their pitch.

shmmeee

I also think thats lost its lustre - everyone in the EFL has got a decent and playable pitch - at worse it’s like Sheff wed’s pitch.

it’s not like you’re bringing them to a bog with the away team being changed in a social club toilet

You should be able to. It’s not just league teams and there should be the possibility of Bumfuck FC drawing Man City, however remote.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If Maidstone get a draw away at Ipswich this weekend they 100% have earned the right to a replay at their ground on their pitch.
You should be able to. It’s not just league teams and there should be the possibility of Bumfuck FC drawing Man City, however remote.
I’m not saying they haven’t under the rules. When you get to the 3rd and 4th round the majority of teams are the 92. You have about 4/5 teams from the non-league.

and the closeness of the leagues means 90% of the 92 have something to play for. The Cup takes a back seat.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hello. My name is Richie Fischer. I am from Germany. My best player is Ben Sheaf and Bob Thomas. I have just started supporting Coventry City as my English team. I hope to travel to watch a Coventry City match soon in the near future. Thank you for having me here and I will try to practice my English.
I’d love this to be true but with the recent influx of accounts I have my doubts

Your English is impeccable btw ;)

SBT

Hello. My name is Richie Fischer. I am from Germany. My best player is Ben Sheaf and Bob Thomas. I have just started supporting Coventry City as my English team. I hope to travel to watch a Coventry City match soon in the near future. Thank you for having me here and I will try to practice my English.
Mögen Sie Harry Styles oder Olivia Rodrigo?

Saddlebrains

We need to rotate. The league HAS to take priority

He wont do it, but for me

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks DaSilva
Kelly Allen
Tavares Torp Palmer
Godden

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Willkommen Richie

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Although slightly off topic on the match thread, can anyone recommend a safe place to park near Hillsborough within walking distance for Friday?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got to consider the BC game as the most important, but don't want to just concede this for the sake of it. That pitch is heavy and is going to tire players out.

Seems some think Weds will field a reserve team, so I think I'd start with a strong team and make changes regardless on the hour. If they play a strong team we will be competitive at the start, if they field a weak one hopefully we can put the game to bed so our changes shouldn't matter too much. Only worry is that MR doesn't like subs and I could see him keeping players on for 80mins regardless.

Definitely have to play Palmer after the shit last weekend.

Wilson
Lati Binks Kitching Dasilva
Sheaf O'Hare3 Eccles4
Saka1 Godden2 Palmer5

Collins, Thomas, Bidwell, MVE, Allen4, Torp3, Simms2, Tavares1, Rus5

Although slightly off topic on the match thread, can anyone recommend a safe place to park near Hillsborough within walking distance for Friday?
go into town to a official parking site its about a fiver for 3 hours,jump on tram to swillsbourgh,been a lot of cars being damaged around that rust bucket on match days for a while now and cars have been either stolen or damaged and its not just wednesday fans looking for away fans cars its opportuniiest while everyone's ar the match

alexccfc99

I’d do that aswell. It’s just a ballache. The crowds aren’t there for a replay. If we draw to Sheff wed - can’t see there being 15k for a replay On a cold Tuesday night.

the replays benefit nobody at this stage. The 3rd round may benefit non League sides but only if they get a big side. But come the 3rd round there’s hardly any there.
If the club were smart about it and if it went to a replay and the cup draw was Coventry City/Sheff Wed v Liverpool (for example)

They’d give second priority (after season ticket holders have brought their seats) to those who buy a ticket for the replay therefore guaranteeing a big gate

shmmeee

go for it i like that mentality plus extra cash,its written in the stars if you beat that lot and we beat Brighton it's gonna get drawn 😂 honestly never had a problem with city hope you get playoff place

Look at Boro this season. They’re only 180 mins away! Cheesy draws through to the semis is the way lol

You could stick me in a box and lower me into the ground and I’d go a happy man if we made even the group stage of the Conference League

If we got even a couple of European trips in my lifetime that would be football completed for me
mate i was chuffed when we played you at Highfield road when Marcelo scored that's made me happy for a lifetime

Users who are viewing this thread