Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] match, tactics and predictions :)

Jamesimus

I think they’re a tough team but lack quality in important areas.

I think if we rest a load of players we may find it slightly too difficult, but I personally want to be concentrating on the league.

Would like to see Torp given 45 mins though.

slowpoke

I was never in doubt yesterday we would win but thought we stuttered a bit until 2-0 then gave that sloppy goal away just to give us all a few palpations when we should have been cruising.
Lot depends on fitness but I think I would change things for this match and start with the two strikers, backed up by Palmer behind, give their defence something to think about from kick-off, will Robins start Torp ? good game to start him a good old English cup-tie, apparently he’s been flying in training so I don’t doubt his fitness and to get match fit you need to play matches.

covcity4life

I don't think we should change too much. Altho I do expect rotation. It's a Friday game so extra days rest before normal midweek timeslot

Wilson
Da Silva
Bink's
Thomas
Lati
Sheaf
Eccles
Allen
Palmer
Simms
Saka

Torp and tavares to get mins from bench

Greggs

Shows our lack of depth out wide. Sake needs a rest and Palmer ain't good enough.

Greggs

You keep beating this drum. Don't get it. He was good against Leicester. Sounds like he was good yesterday. He started the season well enough and has been good since hes been back. He's not the answer on the left of the front three, so if that's what you mean, I get it. Otherwise, confusing take.
Good for how long? 1 half? Never seen him have a good full 90 in the 3 seasons we've had him.

TomRad85

Palmer is definitely ahead of Jamie Allen now, unless CM of course, which he wasn't last season. I think if MR moved one on it would be Allen, again, I don't think that would have been the case last season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Where has it been said the Kop is closed.
About a week ago by Wednesday when they announced tickets

Ashdown

I wish we hadn’t got to go there so soon after all that hatred. There will be team changes for sure but I hope we don’t weaken and they put out their strongest.
Physical battle on a shit pitch I imagine.
I think we will see Wilson, DavSilva, Allen, Torp and Simms start.

mmttww

Good for how long? 1 half? Never seen him have a good full 90 in the 3 seasons we've had him.

This is his second season. MR seems to think he's good enough to start games. Think he's a big part of the squad.

Greggs

This is his second season. MR seems to think he's good enough to start games. Think he's a big part of the squad.
Decent squad player, but not consistent enough on the left or in a 10, and can't play as a 6 or 8.

mmttww

Decent squad player, but not consistent enough on the left or in a 10, and can't play as a 6 or 8.

OK, but there's a gap between "decent squad player" and "not good enough", no? I think he's good enough for where we are and can do a job as a 10 consistently if his fitness improves. Think MR called out that KP is working on that side of things.

Greggs

OK, but there's a gap between "decent squad player" and "not good enough", no? I think he's good enough for where we are and can do a job as a 10 consistently if his fitness improves. Think MR called out that KP is working on that side of things.
If we're being linked with 8 million pound wingers, I can safely assume that Palmer is below the standard we're aiming for. I'd be shocked if he's offered a new deal.

wingy

I wish we hadn’t got to go there so soon after all that hatred. There will be team changes for sure but I hope we don’t weaken and they put out their strongest.
Physical battle on a shit pitch I imagine.
I think we will see Wilson, DavSilva, Allen, Torp and Simms start.
I think it's been mooted on here they're likely too.

Tommo1993

Speaking to a Wednesday fan before the game yesterday, he said he’d obviously rather the points than the 5th round. Which I do too. It’s gonna be shit when we eventually lose but I wouldn’t mind awfully if this is the game we do lose. Think we’ll go with a weakened line up. Though I still think we’ll win.

SkyblueTexan

League is more important and we have Bristol C 4 days later. Ring in the changes for this match and try to squeeze through to the next round.

mmttww

If we're being linked with 8 million pound wingers, I can safely assume that Palmer is below the standard we're aiming for. I'd be shocked if he's offered a new deal.

but we're talking about here and now aren't we? He's starting games for a form team in this league. I feel he's good enough for now. If you don't, fair enough.

napolimp

Genuinely interested to see how Robins approaches this one. Bristol will have played 5 matches in 18 days when they face us, and have got Leeds 3 days later. They keep putting out their strongest team, and you'd think they'll be struggling fitness wise by the time they come to Coventry. Wonder if it will impact Robins selection for the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread