Sheffield United site! :-) (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

I actually know a Sheffield United season ticket holder and we’re his second team he tells me and I’m not joking says all he’s Sheffield United mates up there only have complimentary things to say about Coventry city and what we have been through and the football we play.

I doubt 5 or 6 on their board will change anything up in Sheffield that they have anything but great respect for Coventry city and what we stand for.

ccfctommy

When I was a kid at HR. There was a woman who carried a toy sheep who occasionally watched us whilst wearing a Sheffield United scarf? Does anybody else remember this or am I going mad? This is mid nineties.

SheafIsGod

Sheff Utd are just one of those little pissy clubs who have achieved nothing of note and have had no sustained spells in top division since their glory years back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Completely and utterly irrelevant club for the best part of a century now. They've forever been in Wednesday's shadow and their fans know it. Must kill them.

Finham

When I was a kid at HR. There was a woman who carried a toy sheep who occasionally watched us whilst wearing a Sheffield United scarf? Does anybody else remember this or am I going mad? This is mid nineties.
I am sure that someone else has mentioned the sheep lady on this site. Of course I may too be going mad.

fernandopartridge

Sheff Utd are just one of those little pissy clubs who have achieved nothing of note and have had no sustained spells in top division since their glory years back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Completely and utterly irrelevant club for the best part of a century now. They've forever been in Wednesday's shadow and their fans know it. Must kill them.
Their long term average gate despite over 100 years in the top two divisions is 19k. Ours despite a lot less time in the top two divisions is 17k which includes 2 seasons playing outside of the city.

Finham

I'm not sure they're that different in size now. I always thought Weds were the bigger side, but not by very much. Utd were top 2 divisions and usually division 1 until the mid 1970's and Weds had yo-yo'd down the divisions quite a lot already before then. And Utd have had more success in the past couple of decades.

SkyBlueCharlie9

🤣 I do remember her. Few sandwiches short if a picnic her....! But I do quite like Blades having lived right next to Bramall Lane. Fans are rough though not as sophisticated as the Owls. 🤣

Covkid1968#

As odd as they seem to be… I still prefer them to the Weds fans.

CCFC54321

I think we should all give the Sheffield Utd fans a great big patronising hug and a ruffle of their hair when they arrive at the CBS with a smirking ‘bless them’ look as we walk away. It’s their big day out so let them get excited and enjoy themselves before they limp back up the M1 after 5pm back to the swamp monster families. Yak…

Liquid Gold

That forum is a laugh. Saying we have an irrational thing against them when the first page is just people calling us wankers.

They're probably still salty that some kid took out half their firm in block 13.

They're going to sing "SISU in" and "we love sisu" tomorrow like it's the height of intellect and would bother us however many years on.

CCFC54321

That forum is a laugh. Saying we have an irrational thing against them when the first page is just people calling us wankers.

They're probably still salty that some kid took out half their firm in block 13.

They're going to sing "SISU in" and "we love sisu" tomorrow like it's the height of intellect and would bother us however many years on.
I remember that sheff Utd lad getting embarrassed. Disgraceful behaviour but I got a laugh out of it and that’s all that matters.

Sky Blue Harry H

Back in the Brian Deane/ Tony Agana era I knocked around with a band who were all Sheff Utd fans and they were sound lads. Went to half a dozen Sheff Utd games with them and found their fans to be fine. Give me them over Leeds any time. Obviously hope we beat them and haven't changed my mind that the current side has a couple of dirty sods, mixes with the talent. That said, we could do with a couple of hard cases who can play a bit. too,

Sick Boy

I think a lot of the dislike/hatred from our fans goes back to that FA Cup replay defeat.

Sick Boy

Back in the Brian Deane/ Tony Agana era I knocked around with a band who were all Sheff Utd fans and they were sound lads. Went to half a dozen Sheff Utd games with them and found their fans to be fine. Give me them over Leeds any time. Obviously hope we beat them and haven't changed my mind that the current side has a couple of dirty sods, mixes with the talent. That said, we could do with a couple of hard cases who can play a bit. too,
The long ball/hoof stuff is probably spouted by the same fans who consider us to be the reincarnation of 1980’s AC Milan.

pusbccfc

I think a lot of the dislike/hatred from our fans goes back to that FA Cup replay defeat.

Yep, this is exactly it.

Then made worse by the night of the protest.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Their fan base is substantially bigger than ours and that's a fact.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The "quotes" allegedly from Cov fans on that site look completely made up to me. Not linked to any CCFC fan site at all. As far as I can see it's all made up by someone who has no life and likely a friend of Vladimir Putrid.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I just dont get the generalisation that goes on sometimes. Sheffield is a big city with a large population, yet somehow people decide that all United fans must be dickheads and all Wednesday fans are sound.
The internet is a strange place.
Entirely agree. Some people on here see United as a "nothing" club. They've got a bigger fan base than us. We had a few of their fans chanting " we love you SISU" at the Ricoh and suddenly all of their fans are idiots. Pathetic really.

pusbccfc

Sheffield United get great crowds now because they've had some success in the last 20 years. A bit like Leicester/Southampton/Stoke - we had very similar if not bigger crowds in the 90s.

As football has changed, crowds have rocketed in the 21st century. The difference is, we have had the worst of it both on and off the pitch. Our crowds have declined.

We've had one decent season in the championship and are now averaging towards 20k. If we had two promotions to the Premier League like Sheff Utd have had in the last 20 years, we'd have grown our fanbase.

People always refer back to our crowds in the 90s and say 'we hardly got more than 20k in the Premier League'. Well, most similar sized clubs didn't.

pusbccfc

Considering it was around 25 years ago it’s verging into Sunderland territory. I admit that it clouds my opinion of them.

I wouldn't say we hold on to it like Sunderland. It gets mentioned sometimes on here.

It's definitely something that fans from the 90s talk about when we play.

The younger generation from both sides consider the protest night as the reason to not like them.

Sky Blue Harry H

The "quotes" allegedly from Cov fans on that site look completely made up to me. Not linked to any CCFC fan site at all. As far as I can see it's all made up by someone who has no life and likely a friend of Vladimir Putrid.

Not true - they are taken off here - my stuff is quoted directly there, as are several off here that I recognised.

TomRad85

Not me tbf, I got over defeats pretty quickly when I was that young. Started hating them we we dropped out of the prem and started playing them regularly... realised pretty quickly what a nasty, dirty team they were (this seems to span many years, managers and players, part of their DNA I suppose) and also what wankers their fans are. Can't stand the club tbh, up there as one of my most hated.
That said one of my best mates supports them so I realise not 100% of their fanbase are dickheads, but the % does seem high.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread