sheffers (1 Viewer)

señor Santiago

@sheffers11

Just had a look on twitter and it seems that Gary Mcsheffrey couldn't take all the abuse and has deleted his twitter account.
Feel sorry for him now.. :(

señor Santiago

"you fucking cokehead nice penalty"

"Missed 2 massive pens, Useless fat c**t."

"You're a fucking twat! How do you miss a penalty!"

"you useless twat!"

"your miss has relegated us son"

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
likely to be a bad reaction to the miss from some but he isnt the reason we are getting relegated this season and he certainly didnt mean to miss it. Hasnt had a great season but he does not deserve that abuse, its out of order

as CC4L says it will blow over

Cobi Jones's Dreads

"you fucking cokehead nice penalty"

"Missed 2 massive pens, Useless fat c**t."

"You're a fucking twat! How do you miss a penalty!"

"you useless twat!"

"your miss has relegated us son"

The first two made me chuckle, poor efforts with the rest though!

CovLis86

Gary will probably be one of the few still with us next season, so I hope he can brush it off, and have a great season next year.
Its terrible the number of penalties we've missed this season, but Rooney missed as many once, and hes still one of the top forwards in the world right? It happens.

skybluesteve76

That's sad! He went on there to apologise to the fans and he gets dogs abuse.
I suppose it could be raw emotions but more likely not!

All the best

Brighton Sky Blue

It's no more his fault than Juke blasting over the pen at home to Reading or Clingan missing at Lesta. Would be nice if we could take it to the last day but cannot see Barnsley getting anything from Brizzle-anyway, I'd sooner we go down with a bit of pride if there is any to be salvaged.

kg82

Nope, nobodys ever missed a penalty before! I can't name (Waddle) one player (Pearce) to ever miss a penalty (Southgate)! They may be angry, but all in all they're just sad and pathetic tossers.

WillieStanley

Monkeys with technology.

Always open to abuse. Twitter will always be a catylist for this kind of behaviour. It really is a shame because it is a great way for footballers to connect with fans of their club. Look at what it's done for Norwoods image.

torchomatic

Jesus, some of our fans are just thick morons, aren't they?

They conveniently forgot to mention the important goals he has scored this season. Idiots.

Last edited:

ccfc2011

I find it so disappointing the abuse he's getting he didn't miss the pen on purpose did he leave him alone.

MattCCFC

I don't agree with him getting abuse from losers on twitter, but i can understand people's anger. If i was less sensible than i am i'd consider tweeting what i though of him. And not because he missed that penalty but because in my mind he's been the most disappointing player of the season. Supposedly one of our experienced players and a life-long city fan yet he continues to coast through every game offering next to nothing and in no way showing any sort of comittment and desire to win for his team. I hope i wont be watching him again in a city shirt. He's by no means the only one. Each of our "experienced" players have let us down. But i expect so much more from mcsheffrey. He should've been the inspiration. But he wasnt. He's a let down.

mattylad

just a bunch of cyber cowards, the same muppets who if they met him they would want a feckin picture and autograph.

spwaverley4916

he did not miss - it was saved - A 'missed' penalty is one that is not on target ! I agree with Torch these morons forget the goals he has scored in the past for us.

skybluegod

I've heard a few people saying that he wasn't committed yesterday and didn't want to play and one person on cwr was having a real go about him but was i the only one which noticed that he was limping the entire match or at least walking/running funny? if thats not commitment playing with an injury what is?

Spagbol

he's a good lad, He gave everything last night and was devastated when he missed the Pen. He is not the only player carrying a knock and Baker could hardly move.....We got relegated for a lot of different reasons, Gary Mc is a long way down that pecking order.

:blue:

Otis

He was certainly a doubt before the game.

Humans are a bit thick though on the whole. Had the pen gone in he's a hero and receives all the plaudits from all quarters. Misses and he's a useless fat coont.

Go figure.

Lord_Nampil

Watch the Pen again and he hit it very sweetly, sadly for him a former team mate and some one who's probably saved loads of his pens before was in goals and guess right, he was frustrated last night but gave more effort than alot of the others!!!

Delboycov

I don't agree with him getting abuse from losers on twitter, but i can understand people's anger. If i was less sensible than i am i'd consider tweeting what i though of him. And not because he missed that penalty but because in my mind he's been the most disappointing player of the season. Supposedly one of our experienced players and a life-long city fan yet he continues to coast through every game offering next to nothing and in no way showing any sort of comittment and desire to win for his team. I hope i wont be watching him again in a city shirt. He's by no means the only one. Each of our "experienced" players have let us down. But i expect so much more from mcsheffrey. He should've been the inspiration. But he wasnt. He's a let down.

Don't agree with that...whilst he was very disappointing in the 1st half of the season he was one of our better players 2nd half and the improvement in form and results were down in no small part to his contribution. I think that with him being from Cov and a fan we just expect more from him than anyone else. He is the one player we can completely identify with and he's the one living out our dreams for us. I can almost guarantee he feels the pain of what's happened more than any of the rest.

Last edited:

PhilWasn'tBabb

Given the nature of twitter the minute a footballer put themselves out there their always likely to get comments like that, he would be very naive not to expect some comments like that.

I can understand peoples anger and I don't think the comments are that bad!, its not the way I would express myself, but to an extent people have freedom to say what they like.

Lets not forget he's relatively well paid for what he does, is it too much to expect that he would be able to stick the ball in the back of the net from 12 yards ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread