Sheffers leaving Chesterfield (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4439

http://www.football365.com/news/20798/9105797/-

McSheffrey joined the Spireites in September after he was released by home-town club Coventry but the short-term deal he signed is set to expire and the former Sky Blues and Birmingham man has been told he does not figure in manager Paul Cook's future plans.

The 31-year-old was given permission to have a trial with Chesterfield's League Two promotion rivals Scunthorpe on Tuesday afternoon and scored a hat-trick for the Iron reserve-team as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 at Glanford Park.

McSheffrey has made 12 appearances for the Spireites and scored two goals, including the winner in a 1-0 victory over arch rivals Mansfield in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in October.

Kingokings204

I wonder why? is defiantly a lower league 1 or league 2 player. 31 isn't that old so will be a good signing for someone.

Otis

Think injuries slowed him down and he lost some sharpness in and around the box.

Maybe should think of hanging up his boots.

dongonzalos

Former Coventry forward Gary McSheffrey scored a hat-trick for Scunthorpe's reserves this afternoon as he looks for a new club. McSheffrey's short-term deal at Chesterfield is due to expire and reports suggest he won't be offered an extension by Paul Cook.

dongonzalos

We are hearing that Burnley are lining up a move for Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz. Burnley boss Sean Dyche is looking to bolster his attacking options as he looks to cement their bid for promotion and has targeted a move for Jutkiewicz. It remains to be seen if Middlesbrough would be willing to sell the former Everton man.

Grendel

We are hearing that Burnley are lining up a move for Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz. Burnley boss Sean Dyche is looking to bolster his attacking options as he looks to cement their bid for promotion and has targeted a move for Jutkiewicz. It remains to be seen if Middlesbrough would be willing to sell the former Everton man.

How's Cody getting on?

sw88

Chief Commentator!

He's one player I miss. Always thought he'd go on to do decent things for us. Bet he'd love playing alongside Clarke or Wilson!

Grendel

He's one player I miss. Always thought he'd go on to do decent things for us. Bet he'd love playing alongside Clarke or Wilson!

His scoring record at Boro is pretty poor I'd be surprised if a team at the top of the championship would be interested. The fee would definately be interesting.

dongonzalos

Jutkiewicz was top quality, led the line really well when marlon went, do miss him

Yes he was quality was a real shame to lose him in January when we were fighting relegation. He offers so much more than just his scoring not surprised to see a team pushing for promotion linked with him.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Good player, not really a goal scorer, but he'd be easily getting 15 or so in this league.

Agreed - picked up the odd injury or two. Really brave in the air and defenders always know they're going to get challenged/clattered - reminded me of Kevin Davies in that respect - regardless of ability, defenders never seem to like playing against someone who is always going to have his forehead near their nose whenever they're about to head it(ouch!)

Gint11

Jutkiewicz and top quality in the same sentence, I don't think so. He's a striker and doesn't score enough. League 1 player at best.

Grendel

Yes he was quality was a real shame to lose him in January when we were fighting relegation. He offers so much more than just his scoring not surprised to see a team pushing for promotion linked with him.

As usual you let emotion get in the way of facts. Our points per game tally improved without him in the team. Another distinctly average player bigged up by some on here.

Grendel

9 in 22 this year
13 in 29 including last year at the Gills.

Not a bad return.

Not great either. Yet another signed well above the level he was ever capable of performing in.

Hobo

His scoring record at Boro is pretty poor I'd be surprised if a team at the top of the championship would be interested. The fee would definately be interesting.

He has a similar ratio to the one he had at Cov around 1 in 4. He offers more than just goals though.

Cyril Regis had a similar ratio at Coventry and then Villa. But he also offered more than just goals.

Hobo

Not great either. Yet another signed well above the level he was ever capable of performing in.

Here is leon Clarke's record
2003–2007 Wolverhampton Wanderers 74 (13)
2004 → Kidderminster Harriers (loan) 4 (0)
2006 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 1 (0)
2006 → Plymouth Argyle (loan) 5 (0)
2007–2010 Sheffield Wednesday 83 (18)
2007 → Oldham Athletic (loan) 5 (3)
2007–2008 → Southend United (loan) 16 (8)
2010–2011 Queens Park Rangers 13 (0)
2011 → Preston North End (loan) 6 (1)
2011–2012 Swindon Town 2 (0)
2011 → Chesterfield (loan) 14 (9)
2012–2013 Charlton Athletic 7 (0)
2012 → Crawley Town (loan) 3 (1)
2012 → Scunthorpe United (loan) 15 (11)
2013 → Coventry City (loan) 1 (0)
2013– Coventry City 33 (23)

Not always been convincing? Not just about individuals Grendel, sometimes it is situation and the set up they are in.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

He has a similar ratio to the one he had at Cov around 1 in 4. He offers more than just goals though.

Cyril Regis had a similar ratio at Coventry and then Villa. But he also offered more than just goals.

Agreed. Juke was excellent in the last half season with us, despite playing under Thorn and amongst a load of kids and shite.

KG7

I always wanted to like Jutkiewicz but was never EVER confident he would score and was glad that he left over Richard Keogh. Always gonna be a hit with the fans due to his work ethic and his personality but had no stand out attributes (by that I mean he was above average on a lot of things but excellent at nothing) and was disappointing in front of goal.

Hobo

I always wanted to like Jutkiewicz but was never EVER confident he would score and was glad that he left over Richard Keogh. Always gonna be a hit with the fans due to his work ethic and his personality but had no stand out attributes (by that I mean he was above average on a lot of things but excellent at nothing) and was disappointing in front of goal.

That is a valid opinion. This may not apply to you, but sometimes what fans value as average is more important to a teams performance than they realise.

One toe poke into the net can make you a hero. 20 toe pokes into touch cutting out a wingers supply or taking the ball away from a play maker and someone can still be deemed limited and wasn't creative.

Players and opinions eh?

johnwillomagic

Juke always put in a shift which i think flattered to deceive a staggering amount on here. I said good business at the time and stand by it. There were many saying he would be snapped up by a permiership club.....still waiting.....!!!

I think at Burnley if he joining he will be playing second fiddle behind Ings and Vokes - doubt his transfer fee will be anywhere near what we got for him!! Still good business and I think Leon Clarke in my opinon is a better player but appreciate this may be scandalous to some!!

stupot07

Juke's a good player and is now a 1 in 3 striker. Thorn build the team around him so we played to his strengths and in a 2 up top, where as Middlesborough have always played him as a lone striker playing off him, which is why he hasn't scored so many there.

He would score a lot in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfcway

Here is leon Clarke's record
2003–2007 Wolverhampton Wanderers 74 (13)
2004 → Kidderminster Harriers (loan) 4 (0)
2006 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 1 (0)
2006 → Plymouth Argyle (loan) 5 (0)
2007–2010 Sheffield Wednesday 83 (18)
2007 → Oldham Athletic (loan) 5 (3)
2007–2008 → Southend United (loan) 16 (8)
2010–2011 Queens Park Rangers 13 (0)
2011 → Preston North End (loan) 6 (1)
2011–2012 Swindon Town 2 (0)
2011 → Chesterfield (loan) 14 (9)
2012–2013 Charlton Athletic 7 (0)
2012 → Crawley Town (loan) 3 (1)
2012 → Scunthorpe United (loan) 15 (11)
2013 → Coventry City (loan) 1 (0)
2013– Coventry City 33 (23)

Not always been convincing? Not just about individuals Grendel, sometimes it is situation and the set up they are in.

I didnt realise he had scored more with us already than any of his previous teams

sw88

Chief Commentator!
His goals scoring record wasn't exactly great I admit, but he gave it a good go in an effort to grab a goal. Wasn't he always one of the players who hit the woodwork the most over the seasons he was with us? OK, hitting the woodwork won't win you games but with a bit of work and proper coaching, I think he'd have been an asset to us.

dongonzalos

Anyone care a wager that if transferred on it will be for less money than what we got for him.....???

You don't know how much we got for him?

Plus the money banded around, is even less these days, than two years ago (apart from the top six)

So it is likely to be the same or a little less I would imagine.

Whatever we got for him when not reinvested was not worth the 5 million we lost.

fernandopartridge

You don't know how much we got for him?

Plus the money banded around, is even less these days, than two years ago (apart from the top six)

So it is likely to be the same or a little less I would imagine.

Whatever we got for him when not reinvested was not worth the 5 million we lost.

We robbed Birmingham getting a £3.5m fee for McSheffrey. One of the few good bits of business we did. Just a shame it was reinvested on Leon McKenzie and Kevin Kyle.

Users who are viewing this thread