Sheff Wed postponed (1 Viewer)

mark82

I’m surprised the league is even continuing.

Also their training ground is closed and I’d fully expect us to call off any games if we had an outbreak so seems a bit weird people calling it a piss take. Crack on though.

Yep, overreaction to the disappointment of cancellation on my part to be fair. Given the circumstances probably not much choice. Shame though, would've been a good time to play them. Going to make things very congested at some point.

rob9872

Be nice if it could be rearranged for the following week if they're already isolating and with the Forest game off otherwise even more backlog later in the season.

Skyblueweeman

Be nice if it could be rearranged for the following week if they're already isolating and with the Forest game off otherwise even more backlog later in the season.

To be fair, we've played the same amount of games as everyone else, one more in a few cases, bar Rotherham who have 3 less. After this weekend, bar Rotherham, no team will be on more or less than 1 game than us. It won't be like we'll have major congestion compared to everyone else.

Assuming no more major disruptions.

rob9872

To be fair, we've played the same amount of games as everyone else, one more in a few cases, bar Rotherham who have 3 less. After this weekend, bar Rotherham, no team will be on more or less than 1 game than us. It won't be like we'll have major congestion compared to everyone else.

Assuming no more major disruptions.
Absolutely and agree, but that's the point really with more likely to be called off yet so any opportunity play them while you can is all I was advocating as I suspect more to come.

Magwitch

We are in strange times games starting to be cancelled all over the place I have doubts football will continue experts today are talking of new cases in the number of 200000 a day in the next couple of weeks.

cov donkey kick

2 sides of this on 1 hand feel we would have got points despite our injured players, the other side, they must have a number of covid cases affecting the u23s as well as first team. Personally it's fucked up my sat afternoon and prefer points on board not games in hand. If the game is rescheduled when we have a fit striker then it will do I suppose.

Skybluebeliever

This makes a next 8 games
Reading
Birmingham
Watford
Cardiff
Norwich
Brentford
Swansea
Blackburn

can’t see sheff wed or forest game being rearranged until later on

rob9872

This makes a next 8 games
Reading
Birmingham
Watford
Cardiff
Norwich
Brentford
Swansea
Blackburn

can’t see sheff wed or forest game being rearranged until later on
So basically need 6 points out the next 2 or we'll be in deep shit by the end of the run!

Happy_Martian

Along with no new manager. This stinks of cancelling to get a new manager in

Gonna join in with this conspiracy theory. Not only have they postponed our game but also their next one against another relegation candidate Wycombe. Plenty of time to get themselves back into some semblance of order.

Sky Blue Harry H

So basically need 6 points out the next 2 or we'll be in deep shit by the end of the run!

Think Cardiff doesn't look as scary though - seem to have a few issues. Plus Armstrong will have done his hammy by the time we play Blackburn.

Terry Gibson's perm

No doubt he will play against us when it’s rescheduled and score the winner
Me that’s why I said earlier they shouldn’t be allowed to play any players that wouldn’t have been in the squad this weekend it makes a farce of it.

Hobo

Huh? It’s not been cancelled to reduce COVID spread. The players who tested positive already have it.
Of course it is to reduced the Covid spread. To stop Coventry players getting infected for a start, as well as the rest of the Sheffield squad and staff.

Covkid1968#

All helps with dry January.....😬😬😬 I seem unable to watch football without alcohol. Have had COVID-19 so far and this was my first January post COVID game.

Hobo

Who is signing Andre Green not got a manager yet.
The person who deals with thgeir transfers. Could be some way down the line of signing a Manager too who might be more than happy to sign Green.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've done an about turn on this, having at first been 'sort of' annoyed at this being called off. This disease is way bigger than any bloody football match. I was obviously looking forward to the game and hopefully a win. When we play them, we could have extra players available/fit, as could they, but it's not a 'fix'. For all we know they could have another 3 out injured by the time we play them. it's easy to get into conspiracy theories, but I bet a good proportion of us know of people who have been affected by Cov-id (I know 2 who have passed away and a twenty something who can barely walk up the stairs).

Brighton Sky Blue

I've done an about turn on this, having at first been 'sort of' annoyed at this being called off. This disease is way bigger than any bloody football match. I was obviously looking forward to the game and hopefully a win. When we play them, we could have extra players available/fit, as could they, but it's not a 'fix'. For all we know they could have another 3 out injured by the time we play them. it's easy to get into conspiracy theories, but I bet a good proportion of us know of people who have been affected by Cov-id (I know 2 who have passed away and a twenty something who can barely walk up the stairs).

I would usually agree with this, but looking at the specifics of this postponement it's very hard not to view it cynically.

Users who are viewing this thread