Sheff Wed postponed (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

What a joke. What even are the rules with this anymore? When Man City and Fulham go their games postponed I was under the impression it was due to the the positive tests being so close to kick off that there was no way to know how extensive the spread was, yet team now seem to be able to get games called off just by having a few players out?

shepardo01

A worry that two games where we had a good chance of picking up points are now postponed, taking us into a very tough and busy February.
Would have been good in terms of confidence to actually have those (potential) points on the board

TomRad85

Honestly don’t see why it’s postponed. I remember Middlesborough refusing to play a game because of illness once years ago and they forfeited the three points.

Play the kids.
Bottled it. No one will do anything about it of course.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Bit of a joke really. We had a real chance of 6 points from the next 2 games that have now been rearranged, now we go into a february where we will struggle to pick up any points.

Terry Gibson's perm

They should be made to start the game whenever it’s played with currently signed players, so they can’t use any of the players they bring in after Saturday.

mark82

Piss take. Unless all their first team, under 23s and youth team have come down with it they should play on.

shmmeee

They should be made to start the game whenever it’s played with currently signed players, so they can’t use any of the players they bring in after Saturday.

Been trying to find the EFL guidance. But for EPL apparently the rule is if you’ve got 14 fit registered players you play the game.

Edit: totally misread your comment. That’s a good point too!

Sky Blue Harry H

Fairest way is for a temporary halt - players vaccinated - then restart ; although won't happen, as people will rightly say that vulnerable lists should be vaccinated first. Delay in the end to the season perhaps (but can't because of Euros?) The more I think about it, the less I can see a solution!

ccfctommy

Take a step back please. People are dying. It’s only football ffs

I think it's more important that professional sport is held in a responsible manner and carries on. People have been dying (can't stand that phrase) since last March.

no_loyalty

Piss take. Unless all their first team, under 23s and youth team have come down with it they should play on.

For some bizarre reason this rule is only applicable in the FA cup, not the league.

SBT

What are the rules in the EFL out of interest? Seems weird they wouldn’t try to keep to the schedule as much as possible given the time pressures they’re under.

South West Sky Blue

I like this idea in theory. However should the same apply to us? Not that we’re definitely bringing anyone in.
I was going to mention players they sell as well, but that makes it far too griefy!

SkyBlueOz

Way pissed off about this. I need my football fix. Isnt the Nottingham Forest game called off too. We need a break to get players back from injury but the fixture congestion will be off its tits. They should just hand us the 3 points if the opposition cant field a team.

Paxman II

Good timing for us tbh. We have enough sick notes around the place and gives walker a chance to be back. Got lots to work on and concentrate on a new loanee perhaps. It's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread