Sheff Wed Cup Game Fri 26th at 1945 (1 Viewer)

Chris1987

Physiological…… so important to win the first game , which is the league one .
They are scratching around at the bottom of the league & once we have pocketed those 3 points , their preference will be on staying in the league & only putting out a weakened team for the cup game …….I hope , so as long as we’re not too distracted by the next round of the cup , 6th place in the league & 5th round of the cup ……. What a glorious January to follow up our December
PUSB
Psychological too.

Chris1987

I can see both pov. I think a loss in league doesn't derail us but could prove costly down the road I guess

A loss in cup ends hopes of a big payday or even winning the damn thing. It does allow us concentrate on league

I think right now I'd like to win on cup more because the extra cash could help us bring someone in who helps us more long term possibly.
Beat them in the league ( the more important game ) and as already stated elsewhere they put out a very weak side for the cup . Their priority is staying up , nothing else.

shmmeee

Forget win one lose one. What about win one draw one?

Win the league game but get a replay, or drop two points but go straight through.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's being moved because Sheffield United are at home to Brighton & HA in the 4th round and the police can't cover both matches being played on the same day.

So play one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday or is it because they don't want to pay the police double time for working on a Sunday 😲

cornoccfc

The Owls can confirm details for our Emirates FA Cup fourth round tie with Coventry and revised date for the Championship game against Watford.

The Sky Blues clash will take place at Hillsborough on Friday 26 January.

The cup-tie has been selected for live overseas broadcast coverage and kicks off at 7:45pm.

Please note the North Stand and South Stand only will be open to home supporters.

PRICES
Adults: £15
Over 65s/under 21s: £10
Under 17s: £5

SkyBlueSoul

The right call by Sheff Weds, fair play. Hopefully we pack out the away end again at those prices. Friday night makes it more difficult for people to get to after work but you'll get people who didn't get tickets for the league match wanting to go.

skybluecam

Could we sell it out? Saturday surely boosted demand and the league match is already sold so this is people’s next chance to watch us.

napolimp

Hope we go with: -

Collins
Latibeaudiere - Thomas - Kitching - JDS
Eccles - Kelly - Torp
Tavares - Simms - Allen

skybluecam

Wilson
Lati - Thomas - Binks - JDS
Eccles - Allen - Torp
New signing - Simms/Godden - Palmer

If Simms starts the league game Godden gets the cup and vice versa.

Get a winger on loan from the prem and give him a game in this one.

wingy

Wilson
Lati - Thomas - Binks - JDS
Eccles - Allen - Torp
New signing - Simms/Godden - Palmer

If Simms starts the league game Godden gets the cup and vice versa.

Get a winger on loan from the prem and give him a game in this one.
Reckon that was the phone Robin's took at the end of the match,player incoming!

Gynnsthetonic

I can see us selling out this one too, can't believe they won't have the Kop open, thought they might of shut the side stand down instead

SkyBlueSoul

As I stupidly put in the league game thread, their tickets go on sale to STHs on Thursday then general sale on Friday. I'm assuming we'll do the same.

steve101

As I stupidly put in the league game thread, their tickets go on sale to STHs on Thursday then general sale on Friday. I'm assuming we'll do the same.
That seems quite late to be released, given that many people will need to make arrangements for work / travel etc. and won't be able to do so until they know they have tickets.

BananaFlats

Tickets are already on sale to their STH's, Thursday is when it opens to members. From their Offal:

"The Owls host Coventry in the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup on Friday 26 January and tickets are now on sale to Season Ticket holders.

Tickets will go on sale to Owls Members and Foundation Members from Thursday 18 January at 9:00am.

General sale is from Friday 19 January at 9:00am."

Sky Blue Harry H

Sheffield Wednesday have a more important league game at home to Watford on the Wednesday following this. I think they will rotate their squad a lot for our game.

Chris1987

We could of had the Leppings Lane end and along the side and they could of opened the Kop backup for themselves
What I am a little confused about is what ticket allocation Wednesday are obliged to give us. I know that it's set at 15% but is this a proportion of ground capacity ( which would be around 5250 tickets) or capacity on the day ( Kop holds 11,000 alone which is an area most likely to be closed) ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What I am a little confused about is what ticket allocation Wednesday are obliged to give us. I know that it's set at 15% but is this a proportion of ground capacity ( which would be around 5250 tickets) or capacity on the day ( Kop holds 11,000 alone which is an area most likely to be closed) ?

It's the ground capacity, Hillsborough holds about 37k.

Users who are viewing this thread