Sheaf to Luton? (1 Viewer)

rhino1002

Last edited:

Cheylesmore ITK

People, it's a non story from a clickbait website.

They picked sheafs name because he scored twice at the weekend.

As someone said on the other thread they won't pay what we would want.

Blind-Faith

My favourite player going to my most hated team!!!! I know it’s probably click bait BS, but I’d still be fucking furious 😂

jimmyhillsfanclub

Teamtalk. Who knew that was still a thing?

Indeed. It was my first ever foray into the brave new world of posting shite on a football forum.....

I joined to vent my spleen about Richardson and his crack-pipe inspired madcap scheme for the all singing all dancing new national arena 2000 with sliding roof, subterranean missile silo + ice rink.....

.....I got banned on day 1.

Blind-Faith

Alarm Siren GIF

napolimp

I mean, any club can make an offer on a player, but apart from the fact Luton aren't going to be able to offer enough to interest the board, why the fuck would Sheaf want to go to a small club with a guarantee of Championship football next season. Not like they're going to pay him big money.

Flying Fokker

A mouth watering opportunity to play in front of big crowds 19 times /season.

Both O’Hare and Sheaf should be dreaming of the moment a big club like Luton come knocking on our door.

skyblue1991

Luton aren't certain to be relegated... They'll fancy themselves to stay up, especially with the upcoming Everton and Forest point deductions

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

SBT

Captain of a team in the top 6 of the championship or rotation player in a team almost certain to get relegated.

yeah he almost certainly wouldn’t, I don’t think he’s stupid..
They would offer him considerably more money, PL football this year, plus a much better chance of PL football next season (or the year after next if Luton do indeed go down). The rumoured offer doesn’t sound like a likely one to me, but if it were true then every agent in the country would be advising him to take it.

CBS16

4 year contract? I'd be asking for a similar fee to Vik. May sound excessive but we're in the top 6 and under no pressure to sell him. We've got every chance of being a league above them next season so Id be surprised if there's any legs in this one

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Impossible. If he goes to anyone it'll surely be a champions league club?

If there is anything in this though, bite their hands off for a stupid fee (10-20 million). He's a good player but from a business perspecitve a hit we could take, and then reinvest very well.

Manchester_sky_blue

Impossible. If he goes to anyone it'll surely be a champions league club?

If there is anything in this though, bite their hands off for a stupid fee (10-20 million). He's a good player but from a business perspecitve a hit we could take, and then reinvest very well.
Not with only a week left of this window. He would be replaceable in the summer if we got a decent fee in but would totally derail our season if he went now

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not with only a week left of this window. He would be replaceable in the summer if we got a decent fee in but would totally derail our season if he went now

We played a chunk of last and this season without him, and during both times was some of our best form. From a playing point of view it wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't derail our season at all either. Like I said, for a stupid amount of money (that we likely wouldn't get in the summer) it isn't an unreasonable sacrifice. The key for me is that reinvestment though, which I cannot see happening right now. Depends where we think we see ourselves at the end of the season. As we've still got the Hamer money burning a hole in Doug's skiing fund our pocket. I would like to see some of that spent before we start selling other players.

Ccfcisparks

They would offer him considerably more money, PL football this year, plus a much better chance of PL football next season (or the year after next if Luton do indeed go down). The rumoured offer doesn’t sound like a likely one to me, but if it were true then every agent in the country would be advising him to take it.
Considerably more money yeah right. They are having to sell Giles to prepare for life in the championship. Are you his agent?

Users who are viewing this thread