Transfer Rumour Shankland (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I'm sorry for bringing this up again but our twitter fans won't shut up about him. Any genuine rumours or just shitposting?

SeaSeeEffCee

He was linked with us about 3 years so naturally his name will now be mentioned every transfer window from now until he retires. It’s the Cov way.

junglej13

Rose mentioned that we had a scout probably watching Shankland when Rose was spotted. Given Shanklands scoring record I would genuinely be surprised if a football league club in the country didn't send a scout to look at him.

mark82

We scouted him a couple of years back, it's how we found Rose. From what I was told earlier in the year the decision at the time was he wasn't for us. Maybe felt he didn't fit our system. That was when he was at Ayr, sure they won't have stopped scouting him. Would suspect he's beyond our means now anyway.

Liquid Gold

If he's any good he'll go to celtic next. I know nothing about him other than he scores goals up there. But so did the good doctor Kenny deucher!
A quick search on twitter and it looks like he’s pretty sectarian so would be more likely gers or south of the border.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Shankland, Isle of Wight.

fatso

I'm sorry for bringing this up again but our twitter fans won't shut up about him. Any genuine rumours or just shitposting?
So your bringing it up, to moan about people bringing it up?
One thing we know is that MR is full of surprises, anything you read on line is just bullshit. Wait and see who MR brings in.

AStonesThrow

Can’t see this even being an option, talented lad with plenty of goals at different levels in his portfolio and high aspirations.

Would be extremely surprised/impressed if we were going for this 🤷🏻‍♂️

Liquid Gold

So your bringing it up, to moan about people bringing it up?
One thing we know is that MR is full of surprises, anything you read on line is just bullshit. Wait and see who MR brings in.
You’re going to be so shocked when you find out what a question mark means.

TomRad85

Can’t see this even being an option, talented lad with plenty of goals at different levels in his portfolio and high aspirations.

Would be extremely surprised/impressed if we were going for this
Any English Championship club would be a massive step up from where he's been scoring his goals. If we put together a decent package I see no reason why we couldn't pick him up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Let’s see how he does in the SPL. It’s interesting he’s not had a big move yet after scoring 20+ 3 seasons on the spin, I can’t imagine Dundee United are awash with cash

TomRad85

Talk in Jan was £3m for him, can’t see us stumping up that sort of cash.
For a 24 year who has only ever scored at Scottish Championship level that seems like a lot. But then I do like to live in denial at the ridiculous prices players go for these days.

capel & collindridge

This one has got to be true. We know how careful MR is about keeping all these signings secret. And there is less than zilch evidence that we are interested in this guy with his 80 goals in 149 Scottish Championship appearances and 3 in 6 appearances for Scotland and Scotland U21s.

So why would be interested in him? We already had several strikers that had scored (or almost scored) in several English League One games themselves. So, a) he must be rubbish and b) we don't have even an unreliable source for any CCFC interest in him whatsoever.

And also, we can be sure there is absolutely no leak at all. No evidence. So it's got to be true!

We'll definitely be signing him then!!! Straight exchange for Ponti, I would think, Both goal machines. Two of a kind. But a fair exchange in which Shankland's slightly better goal statistics are counterbalanced by Ponti's youthful promise (he's three years younger, so plenty of time for development). It is a done deal. So please end this thread NOW!

And if idiots like me keep posting here, we'll uncover loads of time-wasting activities over the course of the next three or four years to ensure this Shankland thread outstretches even the Conor Chaplin thread. So let's get started. I have a question that should be worth four or five pages at least:

Do we know which English clubs were after him a year or two ago?

Dundee Utd confirm Lawrence Shankland signing as striker leaves Ayr Utd

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Could be something in this, as Dundee United are interested in James Norwood.

Evo1883

Just watched shankland goals from last season.... Not that we're signing him but you wouldn't say no

Skybluedownunder

Scores over 20 goals a season last two years, I’d take him in a heart beat given half the chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Just watched shankland goals from last season.... Not that we're signing him but you wouldn't say no

I’m sorry but I wouldn’t be interested. Our scouts allegedly went up to have a look at him and were that impressed they came back with a central defender.

TomRad85

Scores over 20 goals a season last two years, I’d take him in a heart beat given half the chance

I'm not saying he won't turn out good at a higher level, nor that I wouldn't take him, frankly I don't know anything about his style of play. People do need to realise Scottish Championship is conference standard at absolute best though. A mid 30s Stephen Dobbie recently scored 43 goals in 43 games at that level...

Skybluedownunder

Let’s see how he does in the SPL. It’s interesting he’s not had a big move yet after scoring 20+ 3 seasons on the spin, I can’t imagine Dundee United are awash with cash

He was wanted by both Celtic and Rangers in Jan I remember reading as he got called up to the Scottish national team around that time too

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not saying he won't turn out good at a higher level, nor that I wouldn't take him, frankly I don't know anything about his style of play. People do need to realise Scottish Championship is conference standard at absolute best though. A mid 30s Stephen Dobbie recently scored 43 goals in 43 games at that level...

To be fair, it isn’t. More like bottom half L1/top half L2.

Users who are viewing this thread