Shame we didn't keep this one. (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

He would definitely be in the team next season, should have kept him and loaned him to Nuneaton or another non league club

stupot07

Ridiculous really, given we're going down and Stevenson, bigi,Foley and Reilly will all be gone in the summer, he'd be well worth keeping on to.

Isn't he also a tough tackling midfielder? If so, something we're crying out for. I still remember a young john Eustace plowing through Roy keane early on in a game and standing up toe to toe with him. Good times

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Ridiculous really, given we're going down and Stevenson, bigi,Foley and Reilly will all be gone in the summer, he'd be well worth keeping on to.

Isn't he also a tough tackling midfielder? If so, something we're crying out for. I still remember a young john Eustace plowing through Roy keane early on in a game and standing up toe to toe with him. Good times

Eustace is a legend

I was eleven in 87

Eustace is a legend
I think he is a very similar type player to Eustace but with a bit more ball playing ability at his age, although Eustace did get better with age with his distribution etc.

I loved Eustace too and we have so missed not having players like him in our team to form the spine.
I'm afraid our current squad has the backbone of a jellyfish!!

rob9872

A poor man's Dean Emerson :)

shmmeee

Wasn't he basically just back from a long term injury? Barely fit to be given a chance.

christonabike

Just a little insight, TM said get fit and you are worthy of a chance. When TM went and the time was up the manager of the year MV told him flat that a contract is out of the window. When the scruffy c**t Slade took over Ivor asked to play a game in the under 21 or 23s what ever they call it and asked him to take a look.
Guess what? The scruffy c**t never turned up to see him play and didnt have the decency to let him know. After last weeks performance he doesnt want midfielders as its hoof ball. No wonder Stevenson and Biggi are missing.
MV and Slade are cunts who know fook all but stagger their way thro football clubs and leach the money away.
Might just put a few Newts in the Ryton training ground before they start bulldozing the place as they cant do it. They are protected just like us. That would stop them in their stride.:wideyed:

I was eleven in 87

Just a little insight, TM said get fit and you are worthy of a chance. When TM went and the time was up the manager of the year MV told him flat that a contract is out of the window. When the scruffy c**t Slade took over Ivor asked to play a game in the under 21 or 23s what ever they call it and asked him to take a look.
Guess what? The scruffy c**t never turned up to see him play and didnt have the decency to let him know. After last weeks performance he doesnt want midfielders as its hoof ball. No wonder Stevenson and Biggi are missing.
MV and Slade are cunts who know fook all but stagger their way thro football clubs and leach the money away.
Might just put a few Newts in the Ryton training ground before they start bulldozing the place as they cant do it. They are protected just like us. That would stop them in their stride.:wideyed:

Really? That's such a waste of talent we could have tapped into.

christonabike

Port vales gain and as usual I doubt he was asking for a massive wage. In L2 we need energetic bastids to run the show but no lets just let other teams sign those people up and get battered every week.

SlowerThanPlatt

Slade hasn't been to one U23 game as far as I know which is a bit odd considering most of the players in there have played for the first team and surely it would be beneficial to see how they're progressing. All seems very short term and I think he already knows he won't be here next season.

Mowbray may get faulted on here by some but he used to be at most of the U23 games.

its a buzzard

Inexcusable treatment of your most important assets. Treating staff like shit is piss-poor management, never mind the basic lack of human decency in this sort of behaviour. Slade does a passable impersonation of a bumbling oaf and you only had to watch Venus in interviews to realise something was horribly amiss. Cunts indeed.

Otis

Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured, Stevenson is injured,
Stevenson is injured, Stevenson IS injured.

Doesn't seem to matter how many times we are told that, fans still ask why he is not playing. ;)

The only course of action is 50 lines.

Go to the back of the class, Christon and write out 50 times that Stevenson is injured.

When you have finished that come back on here and ask again why he is not playing.

:)

Otis

And on the Bigi thing we don't know for certain whether Slade is not picking him or not allowed to pick him.

Not saying it's true, but been a few rumours about more appearances triggering some sort of payment.

Guess we won't know until the end of the season, or ever. Whichever comes first.

christonabike

Biggi wont be here next season for sure but not playing games isnt going to do him any good.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A poor man's Dean Emerson :)
Yeah Dean Emerson WOULD have played for England but for that twat Gary Megson .
Highfield road , Sky Blues v Sheffield Wednesday .
Career ending tackle and the twat never even got sent off . :banghead:

rybccfc

I remember that too ! One of my true favourite moments as a coventry fan!

Gazolba

That's fine. As long as he hasn't gone to a League Two rival.
Yes, we'll soon be looking up at Port Vale longingly, wishing if only we could be like them.

Otis

Apparently robins big fan of lawton says keiren crowley.

Maybe he will sign him back
If I were Lawton I would be knocking on Robins' door.

Have a feeling though that it may well have been Venus that released Lawton rather than Slade.

That could prove more tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread