Sevilla Highlights (1 Viewer)

skylark37

If not already posted - from the Sevilla youtube page

SkyblueTexan

I'll give Simon Moore a pass on the 2nd goal, but I feel that his positioning/timing could have been better for the 3rd and 4th goals. He seems to go to the ground too soon and early instead of standing up and making himself appear big to cut off shooting angles. With his 6ft+ frame he might have been able to prevent the goals from going in.

D

Deleted member 2477

Keepers wernt as bad as it reads on the match thread. Some on here seem to relish in us losing.
reality check needed its was a first friendly against champion leeague opposition in a climate they are used to and we had half the first team missing.
a few wum on here won't be happy unless we are relegated

shmmeee

Keepers wernt as bad as it reads on the match thread. Some on here seem to relish in us losing.
reality check needed its was a first friendly against champion leeague opposition in a climate they are used to and we had half the first team missing.
a few wum on here won't be happy unless we are relegated

Can you quote three of these people?

I haven’t seen a single post complaining about the result bar one obvious troll post.

D

Deleted member 2477

Can you quote three of these people?

I haven’t seen a single post complaining about the result bar one obvious troll post.
You obviously having read through it then as to wum merchant do they not count. Is he a wum just because you dont sgree with him ?
plentof comments on their slating the keepers etc

shmmeee

You obviously having read through it then as to wum merchant do they not count. Is he a wum just because you dont sgree with him ?
plentof comments on their slating the keepers etc

No he’s a WUM because he posts ridiculous opinions and bullshit rumours and never a sensible post.

stupot07

The 3rd and 4th were pretty poor keeping to be fair.

The keeper spilled the pass, then got his positioning and angles wrong first the 3rd.

The 4th he has gone down far too quickly, the player didn't even really have to dink it over him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marty

The 3rd and 4th were pretty poor keeping to be fair.

The keeper spilled the pass, then got his positioning and angles wrong first the 3rd.

The 4th he has gone down far too quickly, the player didn't even really have to dink it over him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree, Completely lost his bearings for the 3rd.

no_loyalty

No where near as bad as some made the goalkeeper out to be yesterday , 2nd was a great free kick! Still think he’s going to be a top keeper for us

It was a great free kick but thought Moore was positioned too far to the left, had he been positioned in the centre, he might have had a chance of saving it.

shmmeee

It was a great free kick but thought Moore was positioned too far to the left, had he been positioned in the centre, he might have had a chance of saving it.

Gonna hold my hands up here. I thought the same but have just read a few GK training articles on defending free kicks and what’s taught is you assume the player can’t get it over the wall. Then position yourself on the other side so you can see the ball being struck.

no_loyalty

Gonna hold my hands up here. I thought the same but have just read a few GK training articles on defending free kicks and what’s taught is you assume the player can’t get it over the wall. Then position yourself on the other side so you can see the ball being struck.

Ok fair enough, I made the same assumption.

fatso

That was obviously written before the introduction of the new lightweight plastic coated balls, and doesnt account for the skill factor of today's pro footballers.

Clearly we need to invest in the updated keepers manual V2
Fgoalkeeper.jpg

skylark37

Yeah I think this is right - his position covers that one side and basically means the player has to strike it into the left corner - he dives that way but it's just really well hit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Do these coaches not actually watch any footage of players getting the ball over the wall? It happens regularly. Yes, it requires decent technique and that's why the players train to be able to do it regularly.

I get the thing about seeing the ball but if you cant see it unless you're standing on the post and you'll not be able to get across the goal to the other corner in time you've got too many people in the wall. Take one out, take a couple of steps away from the post and if they want to hammer it at you let them. Decent keeper should be able to keep that out.

Hutch11

In my opinion Jordan Pickford is a top keeper , easily the best English one anyhow. Anyone remember Denmark's goal ?

Users who are viewing this thread