Set Pieces / Corners (1 Viewer)

iflynno

Every week.

Our opponents score from them and we can't even get a good delivery from 10+

About time some invention and creativity was brought about. Try something different.

SBAndy

Everyone runs into the same area at corners, meaning the ball has to be perfect to hit one of them. No near/far post runs. Free kicks we just play quickly due to the lack of aerial presence. Throw ins though, if I see feet-and-back straight out of play one more time I will gouge my eyes out. We take so long over them as well because a player in a certain position has to take them. Pick the ball up and get play moving again.

stevefloyd

Have to agree, how can we have so many players taking corners/free kicks that are shite? surely the law of averages should at least give us someone half decent at some point...what do these players do in training, mind you it would explain a lot if Oggy was on free kick training, his kicking was as straight as his nose

stevefloyd

Everyone runs into the same area at corners, meaning the ball has to be perfect to hit one of them. No near/far post runs. Free kicks we just play quickly due to the lack of aerial presence. Throw ins though, if I see feet-and-back straight out of play one more time I will gouge my eyes out. We take so long over them as well because a player in a certain position has to take them. Pick the ball up and get play moving again.
I want to sit next to you at the next game, never seen anyone gouge their eyes out before...I will video it and post it on here

Dazmataz

We always seem to concede straight after half-time too, except against Wimbledon where we mixed it up by conceding straight after kick off. The players need to be more switched on.

rob9872

We need to stop giving free kicks away in dangerous areas as we're always vulnerable due to a lack of height, which is the same reason we don't score. They cant all be bad at set piece delivery, but lacking height and aggression makes it easy to combat our offensive dead balls.

Sbarcher

Liked the invention of the two corners against Wimbledon where we crossed low to the 18 yard line for someone to run on to.

Terry Gibson's perm

We need a man running from deep on corners loads seem to go floating over the heads of our players.

Otis

We need to stop giving free kicks away in dangerous areas as we're always vulnerable due to a lack of height, which is the same reason we don't score. They cant all be bad at set piece delivery, but lacking height and aggression makes it easy to combat our offensive dead balls.
That was a very soft free kick, mind, on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread