Seriously struggling today (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Just had my now daily walk round the city centre. Absolutely a ghost town hardly anybody walking about. Strangely enjoying it now though, I've changed my thinking from it feels odd with no shoppers around, to sod it enjoy the peace and solitude !

Otis

Am I correct in thinking, the only city centre shops that are open are;

Wilko
Tesco
M&S
Smith's
Sainsbury's
Home Bargains
Boots

?

Tommo1993

I don’t usually do much on a Sunday in normal circumstances, but staying in because you have to is proper dull. Nothing is physically stopping me going out, but to do what, or risk (unlikely) fines.

For once I’m not absolutely dreading work this week. As it’s my time to get out and about.

skyblue1991

Just got back from a two mile walk.

You do feel much better for it, not only the exercise and fresh air but just saying hello to people working in front gardens as you walk past. We are all in it together: rich, poor, working class, middle class, everyone.

The air is noticeably fresher too with less cars on the road.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

I don’t usually do much on a Sunday in normal circumstances, but staying in because you have to is proper dull. Nothing is physically stopping me going out, but to do what, or risk (unlikely) fines.

For once I’m not absolutely dreading work this week. As it’s my time to get out and about.
I've been going on walks and seen no police about yet. As I'm having a break from window cleaning for a bit, I need to exercise to make up for not working. I'm finding getting outside walking about relaxing, and by doing that the days aren't so long.

skyblue1991

Was off work all of last week but because I wasn't in the work mentality I didn't get any studying done (garden looks amazing though!)

Looking to study learning Python the programming language to try and automate tasks prone to human error or take too long for a human to complete. Also studying a Juniper networks DevOps course and become beginner certified in a few weeks.

Also going to try and learn Spanish too but that's more of a personal thing rather than helping me professionally.

Nick

Administrator
Was off work all of last week but because I wasn't in the work mentality I didn't get any studying done (garden looks amazing though!)

Looking to study learning Python the programming language to try and automate tasks prone to human error or take too long for a human to complete. Also studying a Juniper networks DevOps course and become beginner certified in a few weeks.

Also going to try and learn Spanish too but that's more of a personal thing rather than helping me professionally.

How are you finding the Juniper? It's a bit different to Cisco and not sure if I like it.

skyblue1991

How are you finding the Juniper? It's a bit different to Cisco and not sure if I like it.
I deal with Cisco on a day to day basis (CCNP R&S certified and just getting involved with VOIP/Collaboration). Not done much SDN or DevOps with Cisco though so not sure.

I don't do much Juniper to be honest, we tend to use the SRX Firewalls for security over Cisco ASAs but the tutorials look better than Cisco. Hopefully the theory can cross between the vendors.

Sbarcher

I’ve been working from home for the last 4 years. Luckily the wife is out working much of the time. It’s usually only the postman who calls for a chat about football, other than that no-one else during the day. I used to go to the pub early doors for a couple of pints with the after workers for some proper man chat. Certainly miss the daily interactions with colleagues but you get used to it. It was hard at first but love it now.

Nick

Administrator
I deal with Cisco on a day to day basis (CCNP R&S certified and just getting involved with VOIP/Collaboration). Not done much SDN or DevOps with Cisco though so not sure.

I don't do much Juniper to be honest, we tend to use the SRX Firewalls for security over Cisco ASAs but the tutorials look better than Cisco. Hopefully the theory can cross between the vendors.

Much prefer to just jump on ASDM than mess around with an SRX but needs must sometimes :(

bringbackrattles

Rumour has it, @bringbackrattles polished that door on his holiday :D
I've not cleaned windows for a month now thought best have a break due to this virus, too risky. But starting to miss it to be honest, the fresh air and exercise, and the banter etc with customers. A couple of elderly customers have rang me asking when I'll be round again ? Felt like telling them I'm missing them as much as they're missing clean windows !

tommydazzle

Much prefer to just jump on ASDM than mess around with an SRX but needs must sometimes :(

That’s nerd immunity right there

Liquid Gold

I went for a cycle today but I don't really enjoy it, it's always rammed around here and there was nobody about, proper 28 days later stuff.

Nick

Administrator
There must be a way to open gyms or something. Really struggling.

Can't jog because of the impact

Might have to get a punch bag setup.

Users who are viewing this thread