Seriously struggling today (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Woken up in a foul mood this morning, I'm just full of anger which is completely out of character for me.

Biggest thing that annoys me at the moment is people that I live with playing stuff through their phone whilst I'm doing somethign else (e.g. Youtube/Facebook videos, music etc...) I wouldn't mind if they were wearing headphones!

A run always makes you feel better when like this so thats what I'm going to do soon. Also suggest the same to others that are feeling like me today for whatever reason.

bawtryneal

Just with the point of everything. I need to buck up and not drag myself down a route to a bad place.

What do you all do to stop the depression rising?

What is your trade or skill Pete.
Are you currently working ??
Not being nosey but just seeing if can help with anything.

Mcbean

As some have mentioned we did a Facebook messanger video call with 5 friends and their partners last night at a specific time - was hilarious - only funnies allowed - done from the mobile phone just about an hour - complete chaos but fun

hang in there all of you - we need everyone banging when we take the league and championship by storm PUSB

Great_Expectations

I suggested a Virtual Pub Quiz for Sunday night to our friends and they were all really keen. There’s going to be 7 couples and one friend who lives alone joining.

It will be nice to catch up with everyone, and as Quizmaster it gives me something to do today as I’ll be researching questions.

We’re going to use Zoom as the platform as you can have all the participants on screen at once. We had a virtual pub night last night using Microsoft Teams, but you can only have four windows (participants) visible at any point, so the four windows were constantly changing depending on who was talking, which was quite annoying.

I’ve had a little look this morning and I think I can make the quiz interactive too but I need to read up on it properly. Things like Kahoot or Google Templates possibly?

Either way, I’d recommend organising something like a quiz/game night. Everyone is locked in at home and in the same boat, so the distraction and interaction is good for everyone.

Otis

I suggested a Virtual Pub Quiz for Sunday night to our friends and they were all really keen. There’s going to be 7 couples and one friend who lives alone joining.

It will be nice to catch up with everyone, and as Quizmaster it gives me something to do today as I’ll be researching questions.

We’re going to use Zoom as the platform as you can have all the participants on screen at once. We had a virtual pub night last night using Microsoft Teams, but you can only have four windows (participants) visible at any point, so the four windows were constantly changing depending on who was talking, which was quite annoying.

I’ve had a little look this morning and I think I can make the quiz interactive too but I need to read up on it properly. Things like Kahoot or Google Templates possibly?

Either way, I’d recommend organising something like a quiz/game night. Everyone is locked in at home and in the same boat, so the distraction and interaction is good for everyone.
We could do a virtual pub quiz thing on here, and people wouldn't have to worry about anonymity, because we would all have masks on.

clint van damme

Woken up in a foul mood this morning, I'm just full of anger which is completely out of character for me.

Biggest thing that annoys me at the moment is people that I live with playing stuff through their phone whilst I'm doing somethign else (e.g. Youtube/Facebook videos, music etc...) I wouldn't mind if they were wearing headphones!

A run always makes you feel better when like this so thats what I'm going to do soon. Also suggest the same to others that are feeling like me today for whatever reason.

Just got back from a run. Felt good apart from the stupid twat who got about 6 inches away from me even though I had no way of moving over and he had the rest of the path and the empty road the fucking cretin.

skyblue1991

In case it hasn't been mentioned I would reccomend the Headspace app as a way of taking 10 mins or so out of your day to relax, focus on your breathing and let go of any niggling thoughts causing you to feel negative in any way.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Just got back from a run. Felt good apart from the stupid twat who got about 6 inches away from me even though I had no way of moving over and he had the rest of the path and the empty road the fucking cretin.
I'm off for a good walk from city centre. Pick up my radio from hotel so if the T.V. is still not on tonight, at least I've got some decent music to listen to. Not too loud don't want to upset other residents.

clint van damme

I never thought we'd get to this stage you know, but I'm getting expert at crossing the road to avoid people!

I think people have been very considerate in the last week and stuck to the guidelines.
As some old boy shouted at me and the wife as he crossed the road to get away from us the other day, "It's a new etiquette and we all need to get used to it!".

Not so easy in the smaller shops though though some have started 1 in 1 out

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm really low. This weekend marks 10 years since the death of my beautiful baby daughter....always hits me hard.
..if that wasn't enough to bare, we've had the norovirus bug in our house and I spent all Thursday night and most of yesterday on the bog with my head in a bucket. The wife and kids had it earlier in the week so I was already knackered through sleepless nights caring for them and all the bleaching and cleaning up...not an ideal illness when you're trying to ration the bog roll. I've lost 8 lbs this week...
My business has also now ground to a halt...currently i feel as weak as a kitten and all at sea......in the old days I'd just go and score a bag and lose myself....
Really struggling to see the light at the moment.

clint van damme

I'm really low. This weekend marks 10 years since the death of my beautiful baby daughter....always hits me hard.
..if that wasn't enough to bare, we've had the norovirus bug in our house and I spent all Thursday night and most of yesterday on the bog with my head in a bucket. The wife and kids had it earlier in the week so I was already knackered through sleepless nights caring for them and all the bleaching and cleaning up...not an ideal illness when you're trying to ration the bog roll. I've lost 8 lbs this week...
My business has also now ground to a halt...currently i feel as weak as a kitten and all at sea......in the old days I'd just go and score a bag and lose myself....

Must be incredibly hard but you've got to keep going for your wife and kids mate, easier said than done I appreciate. All the best.

fellatio_Martinez

I was awoken this morning by my girlfriend watching TikTok videos at full volume on her phone next to me in bed and she didn't understand why it would annoy me.

Otis

Sorry to hear JHFC. Hope you are back fighting fit and healthy soon.

Great_Expectations

Really sorry to hear that.

But the fact you got through that and have a family and business is incredible and you should draw a lot of strength from that.

Stay strong and focus on the positives.

bringbackrattles

As if we haven't enough to contend with most shops and supermarkets are refusing to take cash now cards only. I got into debt with Capital One so am paying it off monthly. So only use cash. Luckily Farmfoods in Bell Green are taking cash so that's saved the day. So frustrating !

CCFCSteve

Nothing anyone can say to lessen the pain JHFC but there will always be some light eventually (however hard it might be to see at the moment)

As a couple have already mentioned on the thread try to keep yourselves as active as you can (with the illness and government measures)

You take care mate. It will get a little easier !

bawtryneal

Stay strong JHFB
Look after your family and keep looking positive. I know family and health is the most important thing in life but ..........
In about 10 weeks time we will all be there celebrating the mighty sky blues winning the league and all looking forward to returning to the Ricoh for the start of the Championship season at the end of September
PUSB and stay safe. !!

Gynnsthetonic

I'm making a homemade Chicken Balti tonight, been up Clay Lane to Indian shops for the remainder of ingredients, Balti Rishton on YouTube is an Indian restaurant in Blackburn that goes through step by step and other dishes, been to the butchers again for the chicken,also bought some lamb for a homemade Lamb Kleftico tomorrow, keeps me sane!

Nick

Administrator
Really sorry to hear this. Like others have said, get out for a walk for a bit.

Sky Blue Pete

Good man for sharing. We feel your pain and all wish you the best and wish we could take things away that are causing you pain

Ring Of Steel

I just went for a walk to wind down and I’m no expert on air quality or anything, but the lack of/ reduction in air pollution is amazing- the sky is full of stars, never seen anything like it- and for fellow geeks out there you can clearly see the planet Venus to the right of the moon- would never usually be that bright. I read the stuff in the media about the ‘slowdown’ in environmental damage but I didn’t realise it made such a difference so quickly. Also makes you realise the degree to which we are damaging everything. Maybe when this bastard virus is gone we can avoid covering the place in fumes & smog a bit more.

Now I’m off to hug a tree :)

Last edited:

olderskyblue

I just went for a walk to wind down and I’m no expert on air quality or anything, but the lack of/ reduction in air pollution is amazing- the sky is full of stars, never seen anything like it- and for fellow geeks out there you can clearly see the planet Venus to the right of the moon- would never usually be that bright. I read the stuff in the media about the ‘slowdown’ in environmental damage but I didn’t realise it made such a difference so quickly. Also makes you realise the degree to which we are damaging everything. Maybe when this bastard virus is gone we can avoid covering the place in fumes & smog a bit more.

Now I’m off to hug a tree :)

been good views of the ISS too

bawtryneal

How are we feeling this morning ?
Everybody feeling down make sure they wrap up warm and get some fresh air , get back and ring or face time a loved one and then look at BBC Sport League 1 table.

Otis

How are we feeling this morning ?
Everybody feeling down make sure they wrap up warm and get some fresh air , get back and ring or face time a loved one and then look at BBC Sport League 1 table.
I am fine. My spirits have never dipped for a single second. Maybe that's just me though and the way I am.

I just constantly keep busy. Have always done so and did the same when my brother tragically died in 2011. Distractions. Constant distractions, so I am not thinking about stuff too much.

I do though think that it also helps that my 15 year old daughter is absolutely loving this. Never seen her so happy. No school, no homework, no commitments, no routines. She is in her element.

I walk the dog every day, so am getting out.

The only thing fretting me is making sure my dad is safe and well fed. I cannot see my mum, as she is in a nursing home and we are not allowed to visit, so I do at least know she is safe.

We are all different beasts though aren't we and it effects each and every one of us differently.

Just try and keep busy, I would say. Write that book you always wanted to write, paint the house, build something, watch every film you ever wanted to watch but never had time for, learn a new skill.

Most of all though, stay safe and try and keep your family safe too.

giphy.gif

skyblue1991

Have to say I really appreciate discounts and free trials for online stuff being extended while this is going on. Still doesn’t beat the normality of before but it does mean something anyway.
Yes agree!

Spotify, Now TV, Headspace, online courses, Netflix, games consoles, anything!

Last edited:

Mcbean

There’s an old cliche that we never said enough to our folks when they were about so it’s important to speak to them at every opportunity even if it’s on the phone which will be the only way for some - think of something from the past that you all were present and ask about their memories from it -hopefully it was one you all enjoyed -this is also something you should do with your siblings which is what I have done today as all of my in-laws have passed on . We talked about living in London as we did as children very close to the river . Amazing what different memories they were able to come up with that I had no idea about !

Users who are viewing this thread