Seppala Donation (1 Viewer)

AStonesThrow

Posted this on the fundraiser page but might not been seen by many so thought I’d post on main threads.

Erm, has anyone else noticed that Joy Seppala has once again donated £2,000?! She has genuinely fallen in love with us as fans, as a club and I firmly believe she’s no longer just the owner of a hedge fund business, but she’s a CCFC fan herself. Fair play to her. Thank you for submitting to such a worthy cause Joy and to support fans of your club that are in need. Times are changing

Bugsy

Fair play to her, credit where it's due.....PUSB

eastwoodsdustman

Thinks like this initiative and Club staff donations are Helping to build bridges. Club and the fans are a pretty tight Knit already and it’s bringer everyone together even more.

AStonesThrow

Heres the link if you want to mach or beat her donation CCFC Season Tickets organized by Mild-mannered Janitor
Good shout on reposting it here. Maybe @Tom Leach could include it on CoventryLive if an article is produced? Sure MMJ wouldn’t have an issue with a direct link to the donation page

Also, Tom, sorry if it seems like I’m hounding you with regards to any of this. Just keen to get the word out. I can’t help financially and have been an extremely grateful recipient of season tickets for me and my two sons for the last two seasons, getting the word out about this is my way of helping towards it!

PUSB

mrtrench

Fair play to her for doing this. However, I'm pretty sure it will be tax deductible.

Has to be a registered charity to be personally tax deductible. More likely it's SISU donating in her name and put through as marketing; in which case it could be offset against profit for corporation tax if SISU are registered and pay corporation tax in the UK..

However that's beside the point. Why be so cynical and small-minded as to sneer even when she does something good?

mr_monkey

I wonder if the Trust will promote it without having to be guilt tripped into it this year?

giphy.gif
Haha

better days

Has to be a registered charity to be personally tax deductible. More likely it's SISU donating in her name and put through as marketing; in which case it could be offset against profit for corporation tax if SISU are registered and pay corporation tax in the UK..

However that's beside the point. Why be so cynical and small-minded as to sneer even when she does something good?
Agreed
I'd say it's very likely to be a personal donation rather than corporate as it's in Joy's name
Anyway let's applaud her for helping out
We've had some difficult years with lots of mistakes by the owners but this is one of numerous examples of a change of approach
Long may it continue

mark82

Don't think either is the case to be honest.

ExmouthNeil

I'm pretty sure my post started with the words 'Fair play to her' and I do believe I am entitled to my opinion, but if I'm not then neither are you......

Therefore my friend. Get back in your box! Or please feel free to hit the keyboard with another super sharp response and I'll just ignore you.

mr_monkey

I'm pretty sure my post started with the words 'Fair play to her' and I do believe I am entitled to my opinion, but if I'm not then neither are you......

Therefore my friend. Get back in your box! Or please feel free to hit the keyboard with another super sharp response and I'll just ignore you.

But if your uninformed opinion is proven to be factually incorrect (as it is in this case) then it's good that he has pointed it out in a polite way so you know the truth.... And knowledge is power :)

ExmouthNeil

But if your uninformed opinion is proven to be factually incorrect (as it is in this case) then it's good that he has pointed it out in a polite way so you know the truth.... And knowledge is power :)

I think social media would collapse if uninformed people didn't post there opinions.

mrtrench

I'm sorry of you feel that I've attacked you or implied that you have no entitlement to an opinion. That was not my intention. Peace brother. :)

ExmouthNeil

I'm sorry of you feel that I've attacked you or implied that you have no entitlement to an opinion. That was not my intention. Peace brother. :)

No probs... I am happy to admit if I have got my facts wrong. I do not wish to course offence.

It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek remark but as we know no text does not necessarily translate that way.

Sbarcher

It was last year, and more than likely is this year as same amounts from what I remember. We spoke about it when myself and Pete met her a few months back.
She’s my hero.

higgs

How would she have heard about the fund raiser is she on here?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread