Sepp wants penalty shootout alternative? (1 Viewer)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18205513

More football muppetry! I personally love football shoot-outs especially in international football... Some legendary games have went through extra time and into penalties. Surely nerves and wit has a part to play as well... Maybe the diving and refereeing should be addressed rather than the penalty rules.

What are the alternatives? A corner count? Golden/Silver goal? A replay? The old NASL method of five one-on-ones with the keeper? Keep penalties ffs Sep the pleb, it's harsh and the "best team" may not always win - but it shows who has the balls to make it count. Something which I believe you lack Mr Blatter.

wingy

More worrying is the level of British bashing in the rest of the article ,attempting to restrict our influence .

wingy

The bias level of this muppet given that he's been silent on the matter for how many years?How transparent he is after chelsea win through this scenario.:mad::slap:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I get his point but at then end of the day if a team is that much better then they would have scored in the first 90 minutes to start with, plus they get a second chance at extra time. Everyone knows the deal and risk involved and they should be taken into account whilst setting up tactics.

spudgun2000

Septic Bladder thinks that it misses the point of football, I rather thinks he does

gouldberg

They tried Golden Goal before and it failed. Penalties (whilst torture for the fans involved) is a great ending to a game. History gets made in penalty shoot-outs (Drogba...enough said).

spudgun2000

I would have thought SB liked penalties, seeing all the England fans crying as they are knocked out by Germany

Covstu

i would very much doubt he would have come out with this silly rant if Munich beat Chelsea on penalties and to ask Franz and his team to look for an alternative is so ironic, i bet Beckenbauer would rather keep penalties but they are so good at them!! He has got to go but unfortunately would be replaced by Platini who hates the english as much!

Users who are viewing this thread