Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Selling Old City shirts (1 Viewer)

Hi all,
Had a sort out recently and trying to raise funds for nieces season ticket so willing to sell a few of my old shirts. Most are sized medium but the older ones are kids ages 8-10. Message if interested, See images:
View attachment 52563View attachment 52562View attachment 52561View attachment 52560View attachment 52564View attachment 52565View attachment 52566View attachment 52567
I've been trying to find the shirt from 2003/4 season away one that looks like an Ajax shirt.
 
Sold loads of them on Vinted this week. Parents were just gonna throw them. Told them no and that I’d just sell them on my vinted. Obviously won’t get what they paid for them, but I’ve got them about £420 from 40 shirts.
 
Sold loads of them on Vinted this week. Parents were just gonna throw them. Told them no and that I’d just sell them on my vinted. Obviously won’t get what they paid for them, but I’ve got them about £420 from 40 shirts.
I'm afraid you've been had there if that's all youve got 😪
 
can we not all just club together and support Wal with some funds, rather than let him sell his shirts?
 
Not at all, they really don’t go for as much as you expect.

Assuming adult sizes, £30-£40 for the more modern ones. Early 00's, depending on the shirt - £50 - £80. 1990's are generally £100 minimum.
 
Assuming adult sizes, £30-£40 for the more modern ones. Early 00's, depending on the shirt - £50 - £80. 1990's are generally £100 minimum.

You’d be waiting a very long time to make that kind of money. Genuinely. EBay for example, there are shirts going for that kind of price that have been listed for months and months generating very little interest.
 
Last edited:
Assuming adult sizes, £30-£40 for the more modern ones. Early 00's, depending on the shirt - £50 - £80. 1990's are generally £100 minimum.
You sound like the ladies that set prices in charity shops nowadays 😂

No chance that is an average, you can't be going off the top end eBay listed price.

You can get prices like that but it needs to be a desirable shirt in good condition in the right size. And you have to have it listed for ages at a firm price.
1000022335.webp
 
You sound like the ladies that set prices in charity shops nowadays 😂

No chance that is an average, you can't be going off the top end eBay listed price.

You can get prices like that but it needs to be a desirable shirt in good condition in the right size. And you have to have it listed for ages at a firm price.
View attachment 52642

Absolutely. Not all these shirts are in tip top 100% condition. You’ll get around £40 for the 2-tone shirt, I got £30 for that shitty cathedral shirt. Anything else between 2000 and 2024, you’ll get nowhere near the above amount even if they are in absolutely perfect condition.
 
You sound like the ladies that set prices in charity shops nowadays 😂

No chance that is an average, you can't be going off the top end eBay listed price.

You can get prices like that but it needs to be a desirable shirt in good condition in the right size. And you have to have it listed for ages at a firm price.
View attachment 52642
Both are "Retro Remake", not original. Generally when people put that, it's fake.
 
Absolutely. Not all these shirts are in tip top 100% condition. You’ll get around £40 for the 2-tone shirt, I got £30 for that shitty cathedral shirt. Anything else between 2000 and 2024, you’ll get nowhere near the above amount even if they are in absolutely perfect condition.
Some of the early 2000's have a bit of value. The puma/Nike era not so much (other than the brown 2008/09, FA Cup replica one in 2011/12, which are probably £40 shirts on eBay/Vinted).

The 2-tone is difficult because they sell the official remake, so you're really targeting collectors with that one, that want an original. Got £80 for mine after I managed to get it in a smaller size. You're right about needing to be patient though, took a couple of months to sell. It was pristine too.

Hard to judge without knowing exactly what you're selling. And, anyway, if you're happy & buyer is happy, what does it matter?
 
Both are "Retro Remake", not original. Generally when people put that, it's fake.
I didn't even know there were fakes of these doing the rounds. Quite tempted for 5-a-side actually I have an original but it's printed and wouldn't want to put that through a wash nowadays.

Fair play seems like there has been a bump in prices but they don't sell quick.
 
Sold loads of them on Vinted this week. Parents were just gonna throw them. Told them no and that I’d just sell them on my vinted. Obviously won’t get what they paid for them, but I’ve got them about £420 from 40 shirts.
Wtf? I've got a gap of 4 shirts to complete my collection of all shirts since 1983 but whenever I see them on Ebay people are wanting £80+ for them. One of them isn't even rare, its the bloody Ajax style shirt which everyone bar me seems to own. 🤣
 
Wtf? I've got a gap of 4 shirts to complete my collection of all shirts since 1983 but whenever I see them on Ebay people are wanting £80+ for them. One of them isn't even rare, its the bloody Ajax style shirt which everyone bar me seems to own. 🤣

Most I had to sell were 2011-2024. I have the red away shirt from 07/08 in a kids size. It’s low down at £8 and there’s been next to no interest. They’re not particularly desirable. Depending on the website you get to see how long ago they were listed and how many are watching the item. It’s not as lucrative as the CCFC romantics would believe.
 
Most I had to sell were 2011-2024. I have the red away shirt from 07/08 in a kids size. It’s low down at £8 and there’s been next to no interest. They’re not particularly desirable. Depending on the website you get to see how long ago they were listed and how many are watching the item. It’s not as lucrative as the CCFC romantics would believe.
Kids sizes are always much less sought after though. I'm not really in the loop in very recent times but about 5 years ago when I sold a load of 90s shirts as they were too big so I was replacing them with smaller ones all went for around the £60-£70 mark.

I suspect a combination of the exceptional quality of the official retro ranges plus the cheap options on the fake market have both massively impacted resale prices.
 
Kids sizes are always much less sought after though. I'm not really in the loop in very recent times but about 5 years ago when I sold a load of 90s shirts as they were too big so I was replacing them with smaller ones all went for around the £60-£70 mark.

I suspect a combination of the exceptional quality of the official retro ranges plus the cheap options on the fake market have both massively impacted resale prices.

Yeah I reckon the 90’s will go for a pretty enough penny, as they seem widely popular and people keep nudging the club to get them in the shop. I guess the mid 00’s just isn’t retro enough. And Puma was pretty shit.
 
Kids sizes are always much less sought after though. I'm not really in the loop in very recent times but about 5 years ago when I sold a load of 90s shirts as they were too big so I was replacing them with smaller ones all went for around the £60-£70 mark.

I suspect a combination of the exceptional quality of the official retro ranges plus the cheap options on the fake market have both massively impacted resale prices.
Prices went mad around COVID time. They've stabilised a bit now. Not sure fakes have impacted resale prices too much though, to be honest. If you're happy with a fake then you probably wouldn't consider dropping £100 on a genuine anyway. Official retros have gone mad over the last year or so. Adidas in particular have dropped loads of random retro reissues. They're not cheap either.
 
Yeah I reckon the 90’s will go for a pretty enough penny, as they seem widely popular and people keep nudging the club to get them in the shop. I guess the mid 00’s just isn’t retro enough. And Puma was pretty shit.
2006/07 through to 2018/19 there were some absolute terrible shirts, which really doesn't help. Even as a collector there are some that I look at and have absolutely no recollection of (also, the football was pretty turgid in this period). Some of the Hummel shirts will be worth a lot in 20 years time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom