Available at the following prices
Adult ‪£‬544.00‪-£‬705.00
Over 65 ‪£‬405.00‪-£‬538.00
Aged 18 - 21 ‪£‬315.00‪-£‬370.00
Under 18 ‪£‬131.00‪-£‬211.00
1st Under 11 ‪£‬0.00‪-£‬0.00
1st Under 18 ‪£‬46.00‪-£‬46.00
Under 11 ‪£‬81.00‪-£‬81.00

they seem a bit high, but maybe ours will be about the same?? any thoughts?

SAJ

Middlesboro already on sale and coming to the end of early bird prices,

Season 2023/2024

Available at the following prices
Adult ‪£‬544.00‪-£‬705.00
Over 65 ‪£‬405.00‪-£‬538.00
Aged 18 - 21 ‪£‬315.00‪-£‬370.00
Under 18 ‪£‬131.00‪-£‬211.00
1st Under 11 ‪£‬0.00‪-£‬0.00
1st Under 18 ‪£‬46.00‪-£‬46.00
Under 11 ‪£‬81.00‪-£‬81.00

they seem a bit high, but maybe ours will be about the same?? any thoughts?
They are significantly higher than ours. One of the reasons we sold some many this year is because they were relatively cheap in comparison to most clubs. Given the financial position and the club wanting to generate a bit more income I could see a 10% increase but any more 13k season tickets will become 10.

Johnnythespider

The cheapest adult option is £23 per game, what are their matchday prices based on that.

rob9872

Prices may change when we get promoted, so probably a good idea for the club to hold back on costing.
Would be less games in the PL so even being the same increases the average per game cost. I expect if will be around £20 per ticket for season tickets so that's £460, for PL that already makes them £24.21 ea, so a hard sell to charge more or people will save it for the bigger games as they do now.

Grendel

Would be less games in the PL so even being the same increases the average per game cost. I expect if will be around £20 per ticket for season tickets so that's £460, for PL that already makes them £24.21 ea, so a hard sell to charge more or people will save it for the bigger games as they do now.

In the premier league it would be £600

fatso

It would be interesting to get an idea of what people would be willing/able to afford for a Premier league season ticket. Would £500 or £600 be acceptable? and would we sell 10k+ at that price?
Brentford charge around £550 and Spurs charge around £2000, so there's a massive price range.

SAJ

It would be interesting to get an idea of what people would be willing/able to afford for a Premier league season ticket. Would £500 or £600 be acceptable? and would we sell 10k+ at that price?
Brentford charge around £550 and Spurs charge around £2000, so there's a massive price range.
I imagine they would have different prices again for different parts of the ground like most teams in that league. Would have thought they would start around £450 up to £650. Forest only charge £385 for the cheapest and £550 for the most expensive. I would expect us to be closer to a Forest price which I think is reasonable.

JAM See

I'd keep it pretty low for a season in the PL (from £350, with tiered pricing for 'attractive' blocks).

Let's be honest, the money from ST's is dwarfed by the additional income of just being in the top league.

Much better to have a near full house every home game, and keep the current youngish fanbase. They're the lads and lasses who have created the atmosphere, don't price them out.

It's all a bit of a thought experiment anyway. We aren't getting promoted this season.

fatso

I'd keep it pretty low for a season in the PL (from £350, with tiered pricing for 'attractive' blocks).

Let's be honest, the money from ST's is dwarfed by the additional income of just being in the top league.

Much better to have a near full house every home game, and keep the current youngish fanbase. They're the lads and lasses who have created the atmosphere, don't price them out.

It's all a bit of a thought experiment anyway. We aren't getting promoted this season.
I'd hope that they wouldn't charge more than £400 as we need to try and fill the stadium.

But it's great to be having this theoretical question as opposed to looking over our shoulder at the possibility of relegation.

rob9872

With £100m+ in TV money in prem, then £400 or £600 not really material difference so better to have more fans surely?

Also likely to be only one season and then what? If season ticket £600 so £31.50 per game, then match day tickets to be £40 minimum and £50 premium would kill it

skyblue025

I honestly think anything more than a 10% rise will see us lose 2-3000 season tickets. The bandwagon is just getting going, no need to shove a stick in the spokes yet.

As a fan base we've heard it all before. If season tickets go up £100 with the promise of investment then we sell Vik , Gus or Sheaf it will be SHITSU mk2.

NortonSkyBlue

I honestly think anything more than a 10% rise will see us lose 2-3000 season tickets. The bandwagon is just getting going, no need to shove a stick in the spokes yet.

As a fan base we've heard it all before. If season tickets go up £100 with the promise of investment then we sell Vik , Gus or Sheaf it will be SHITSU mk2.
And yet we improve year on year....

NorthernWisdom

With £100m+ in TV money in prem, then £400 or £600 not really material difference so better to have more fans surely?

Also likely to be only one season and then what? If season ticket £600 so £31.50 per game, then match day tickets to be £40 minimum and £50 premium would kill it
I guess the difficulty would be if (when!) we got relegated if you price them cheaply in the top flight, you have nowehere to reduce them to at that point.

rob9872

I guess the difficulty would be if (when!) we got relegated if you price them cheaply in the top flight, you have nowehere to reduce them to at that point.
Kind of agree, but who is coming back after relegation by a drop in prices? The people you lose through pricing are unlikely to then return for a Championship season knowing it will be either failure or beyond their means again if successful. I'd rather have more fans at a lower rate and hope they're invested for the long term and spend on the shop, f&b etc

SkyBlueMatt

Plucking figures completely out of the air, I think our early bird ST price will be 395.

We're not going to lose 2000-3000 ST from a 10% rise. If the number drops it will be because of other factors, not because of £35.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

SBT

Are they the first club to announce?

Be interesting to see what other clubs are doing.
Norwich have frozen ST prices: Forward Together: Season ticket details for 2023/24

Wigan have frozen prices for early bird renewals: On Sale Now! | 2023/24 Season Tickets

Blackburn have cut prices for early bird renewals: More than football - 2023-24 Season Tickets!

The idea that season ticket prices have to go up because of inflation, or because otherwise you can’t compete financially, is just rubbish. It’s a choice.

ccfc1234

"We are always at our best as a Club when we have our supporters behind us in numbers" Hope Dave Boddy can borrow this line from Huddersfield when announcing a competitive pricing strategy. In my view the only change should be an inflationary aligned increase in the premium seats with the rest frozen.

shmmeee

Norwich have frozen ST prices: Forward Together: Season ticket details for 2023/24

Wigan have frozen prices for early bird renewals: On Sale Now! | 2023/24 Season Tickets

Blackburn have cut prices for early bird renewals: More than football - 2023-24 Season Tickets!

The idea that season ticket prices have to go up because of inflation, or because otherwise you can’t compete financially, is just rubbish. It’s a choice.

Would you be happy with these prices? From a club in roughly our league position:

DC104D2B-93BC-4189-94ED-9168F2C402AF.png

• Wow
Reactions: AOM

SBT

Would you be happy with these prices? From a club in roughly our league position:
I’m not so interested in comparing individual prices from club-to-club, too many variables.

I’m more interested in this persistent argument that prices going up is inevitable and even desirable - an argument that for some reason only seems to exist at our club.

pusbccfc

I’m not so interested in comparing individual prices from club-to-club, too many variables.

I’m more interested in this persistent argument that prices going up is inevitable and even desirable - an argument that for some reason only seems to exist at our club.

Yeah, Norwich actually have demand. We have 15,000 empty seats some weeks.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah, Norwich actually have demand. We have 15,000 empty seats some weeks.
Agreed. Daft to draw comparison to teams where there is a waiting list for season tickets.

Even if we are in the Championship again (which I think will be the case), it’s important we don’t lose momentum and the big growth in ST holders we’ve had this year - which has been brilliant. If there’s a price freeze or small price increase that would be a result in my book.

Would be great for the club to do some offers on family STs for the north stand (which is mostly empty) and make that price attractive. It’s fine when you’re just paying for yourself (me included) but the costs fly up for a family, especially when they can’t attend the evening matches with young children etc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is a choice. Whether it makes financial sense is another kettle of fish.

Of course I want tickets to be affordable. Especially at a time when costs are rising heavily. This year I thought £33 for a Cat A was too much.

But we are, for one reason or another, playing with one hand tied behind our back as we're one of the lowest budget despite having an above average crowd. They need to look at ways they can improve that and give MR a decent chance to push us that one step further. He's doing an incredible job with what he has.

I think much of that will come from a big sale, but I also think some will come from increases in ST. I can see Early Bird costing about the same as this years standard pricing, with standard around £450. Matchday prices I hope they'll get rid of the categories and go for a flat £25-28, but I think they won't and if we have the three tiers they might be £25-35. Match packages probably around £150.

SBT

But we are, for one reason or another, playing with one hand tied behind our back as we're one of the lowest budget despite having an above average crowd. They need to look at ways they can improve that and give MR a decent chance to push us that one step further. He's doing an incredible job with what he has.
Convincing you that this is somehow the fans’ fault for not paying more for tickets might be the cleverest trick SISU managed to pull during their time here. I’ll be bitterly disappointed if King tries to do the same.

pusbccfc

Agreed. Daft to draw comparison to teams where there is a waiting list for season tickets.

Even if we are in the Championship again (which I think will be the case), it’s important we don’t lose momentum and the big growth in ST holders we’ve had this year - which has been brilliant. If there’s a price freeze or small price increase that would be a result in my book.

Would be great for the club to do some offers on family STs for the north stand (which is mostly empty) and make that price attractive. It’s fine when you’re just paying for yourself (me included) but the costs fly up for a family, especially when they can’t attend the evening matches with young children etc.

It's exactly why I'd do zones.

Charge more for the 'premium' seats and make it very reasonable behind the goal.

Ashdown

I imagine that ST prices will also be influenced by the deal we get with Fraser Group. Let’s hope that MA doesn’t get too greedy with the rental costs. He’s got to find his refurbishment costs from somewhere though🤔

Users who are viewing this thread