Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

A weeks gone by and no news on season tickets you would think that if we we’re definitely stay at SA this would be announce by now to get some money in. Maybe there’s really a chance of a return to Coventry

Skybluefaz

A weeks gone by and no news on season tickets you would think that if we we’re definitely stay at SA this would be announce by now to get some money in. Maybe there’s really a chance of a return to Coventry
Are any clubs selling season tickets for a season where they don't know when or if fans can attend, or when the season is going to start for that matter?

Bugsy

They should do thou then sort out the finer details when they can as it would help robins and his coffers I would have thought..

I'm ready to buy... PUSB

Tommo1993

The club hasn’t said that we won’t be playing our games at Old Trafford. I think we could be playing there...

Hullinho87

The club hasn’t said that we won’t be playing our games at Old Trafford. I think we could be playing there...

They also haven’t promised us that they will be putting up goal posts so how will we know if a goals been scored??

skybluesam66

many teams have started selling but we dont know

Where we will be playing
When we will be playing
Whether we will be able to see us playing

That by any stretch of the imagination is a hard sell

Give us £400 - I dont know where to , When or even if you will get anything for your money ?

Skyblueweeman

I don't understand how teams can be selling season tickets when they don't know when fans are allowed back? I think they all know roughly when the new season will start but not when fans will be allowed back.

Unless they're selling them with the clause that they won't be giving refunds for any games that you're not allowed to attend - which 'could' potentially be all of them but I cannot imagine clubs would be doing that.

Would they?! Madness if so.

Nick

Administrator
I don't understand how teams can be selling season tickets when they don't know when fans are allowed back? I think they all know roughly when the new season will start but not when fans will be allowed back.

Unless they're selling them with the clause that they won't be giving refunds for any games that you're not allowed to attend - which 'could' potentially be all of them but I cannot imagine clubs would be doing that.

Would they?! Madness if so.

Yeah, people might be all happy now about throwing hundreds at the club but when it gets to December and we can't go to games then people will be shouting for the money back.

"SISU ARE HOLDING CITY FANS MONEY" all over the Telegraph.

SkyblueBri

I am ready to buy and give MR some money to improve the team. Even if it is SA and I can only get to the occasional game I’ll buy one. This worrying about season starting and playing behind closed doors, still wouldn’t stop me. MR needs our money to start to buy in better players

Nick

Administrator
I am ready to buy and give MR some money to improve the team. Even if it is SA and I can only get to the occasional game I’ll buy one. This worrying about season starting and playing behind closed doors, still wouldn’t stop me. MR needs our money to start to buy in better players

The thing is while you are happy to do that, if they put them on sale you can guarantee in a few months if there's still uncertainty then people will be kicking off and demanding a refund.

Then there's a risk of spending the money and then potentially having to refund it after it's spent.

Brighton Sky Blue

The thing is while you are happy to do that, if they put them on sale you can guarantee in a few months if there's still uncertainty then people will be kicking off and demanding a refund.

Then there's a risk of spending the money and then potentially having to refund it after it's spent.

Yep there’s the combined problem of not knowing the venue or what % of fixtures will have crowds. What’s also clear is that there are plenty who want to make a commitment to the club. Not sure how effective it would be but you could offer prices for best and worst case scenarios so people can pay up front with the insurance that if things go south then you get the money back or some kind of club credit. If things go better than planned, those who bought the ‘worst case’ plan could pay a small supplement per game.

Something like that anyway, just thinking out loud.

ovduk78

"SISU ARE HOLDING CITY FANS MONEY" all over the Telegraph.
Didn't Boddy say last week they need to contact last season ticket holders about refunds, hopefully most fans will turn it down in favour of a preferential price or deal when they do go on sale. The longer they delay this the more chance that we say headlines like this in the CET quoting the usual sources.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Boddy say last week they need to contact last season ticket holders about refunds, hopefully most fans will turn it down in favour of a preferential price or deal when they do go on sale. The longer they delay this the more chance that we say headlines like this in the CET quoting the usual sources.

I hadn't even thought about a refund on my season tickets to be honest.

ovduk78

I hadn't even thought about a refund on my season tickets to be honest.
I think the majority will be happy for the club to keep the money but there will always be 1 or 2 that will be vocal if nothing is done. Do they not legally have to offer a refund for payment of games that didn't go ahead?

pastythegreat

Are you a Journo for the cov telegraph? Whip up false excitement of a really good chance of a ricoh return, then twist the screw in to SISU when (because of Covid) we're neither selling STs or back at the Ricoh!
Damn that Tim Fisher for starting coronavirus! How dare he not sell STs in the light of not even knowing when/if the season will restart!
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

There's this thing going about called Coronavirus.

The club don't even know when we will play again or when fans will be allowed in.

Aye, I think the club will need to know both when the season may start and if fans are allowed in and at what level before they start to sell season tickets.

pastythegreat

I think the majority will be happy for the club to keep the money but there will always be 1 or 2 that will be vocal if nothing is done. Do they not legally have to offer a refund for payment of games that didn't go ahead?
I agree, most will say keep it or put it towards next seasons ST etc. But not everyone is I a position to afford to just hand out £50 to the club. The telegraph will make much more of it than needs to be, but if people want/need the money back, then that's their right.

Nick

Administrator
I agree, most will say keep it or put it towards next seasons ST etc. But not everyone is I a position to afford to just hand out £50 to the club. The telegraph will make much more of it than needs to be, but if people want/need the money back, then that's their right.

I think the Telegraph will have somebody full time applying for refunds for people. Fully blown hashtag campaign.

CCFC88

I'm not sure the club is as desperate for cash as is being spoken about on here. I can't see ST not being on sale at the moment effecting the budget too much.

Transfer window doesn't open until the current PL/Ch season is finished so we won't be paying fees until then at the earliest, maybe a deposit but nothing to stop MR doing business.

Pre-orders would give the club a better idea of potential uptake but even then you are back to where/when etc.

BornSlippySkyBlue

From which.co.uk:

“Cancelled events: your consumer rights If you bought your tickets directly from the event organiser or primary ticket retailers, such as See Tickets or Ticketmaster, you will benefit from some consumer protections. These firms are required by the industry’s self-regulatory body, the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR), to refund the ticket’s face value price when an event is cancelled. But it’s unlikely you’ll get the delivery costs or booking fees back. You may have fewer protections if you purchased tickets from a secondary ticket seller, such as Viagogo or StubHub. Check the terms and conditions on its website as some companies offer guarantees or other protections. Whichever way you bought your tickets, in the first instance you need to contact the company that sold them to you and request a refund if it doesn’t offer one automatically. if you’re taking part in something like a marathon, a refund of your entry fee is not guaranteed if it is cancelled; instead you will need to check event organiser’s terms and conditions.

Read more: Coronavirus: your rights if events get delayed or cancelled – Which? News - Which? “

So yes, they have to offer. Wonder what proportion will refuse? They can keep mine, or credit next years or something (although that just feels like kicking the can down the road to me).

chiefdave

So yes, they have to offer. Wonder what proportion will refuse? They can keep mine, or credit next years or something (although that just feels like kicking the can down the road to me).
That only applies to individual game tickets. Season tickets don't technically have to offer refunds as you purchased a ticket to cover league games played this season, games took place and the season is now completed not cancelled.

This is from when Bury dropped out of the league:
"Coventry City is under no obligation to refund fans who bought a Season Ticket based around 23 home league games - this situation is completely out of our control, and is covered in our Customer Charter and Season Ticket Terms & Conditions."

However I expect the club will offer something as a goodwill gesture.

Users who are viewing this thread