Season Tickets (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

What are the areas then. I'm guessing family on the right sitting in the middle standing down by the away fans?

Reactions: Ash

MTK

Shame we're all in the "side-on" Kop stand, rather than behind the goal, but i guess that is the way it has been at the Ricoh. Wonder if Tilton Road will open up if there is a huge walk-up (i know, but i can dream)
You can't seriously have expected them put Season Tickets out for £190 quid?
You can't seriously have expected them put Season Tickets out for £190 quid?
No. I said a reduced price; I didn’t specify £190. That’s would be unrealistic I agree :) £260 is a reduced price so I gitcwhst I wanted in principle. Everyone I guess now has to look at what it will cost in terms of extra time, money or inconvenience and decide. For some the extra cost may be a barrier, for others it maybe the accessibility.

Gray

Anyone heard anything about whether we'll be playing on Saturdays or Sundays yet?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Anyone heard anything about whether we'll be playing on Saturdays or Sundays yet?
This is key for me. I'll be waiting until the fixtures are announced before deciding on a ST (assuming they'll list that rather than just the fixture 'block' for that week).

Otis

This is key for me. I'll be waiting until the fixtures are announced before deciding on a ST (assuming they'll list that rather than just the fixture 'block' for that week).
Sundays would be better for me. Better for a lot of fans I would have thought. Both the roads and the trains will be quieter and there will be more parking available for anyone leaving their car in Coventry city centre and then catching the train.

Car park charges on Sundays are excellent too. £1 all day in some car parks

clint van damme

Sundays would be better for me. Better for a lot of fans I would have thought. Both the roads and the trains will be quieter and there will be more parking available for anyone leaving their car in Coventry city centre and then catching the train.

I thought you said you weren't going Otis or have I got that wrong?

scottccfc

i'm hoping for Sundays too, playing sports on a Saturday and watch the city on the sunday

Otis

I thought you said you weren't going Otis or have I got that wrong?
I've been thinking it over.

My stance has always been that I didn't think I would be able to go, but I was also saying it just won't feel like home to me and I am sure I won't like that part of the experience at all.

However, at the same time I DO of course want to support the team, so, yes, I am now thinking of going and getting an ST even if I don't actually make it to that many games.

WillenhallSkyBlues

The twitter account keep telling fans that they expect clashes to be minimal. So I’d imagine for the majority of the weekends we will be playing alternative weekends to the blues

WillenhallSkyBlues

I genuinely can’t get my head around some people on Twitter you know. They’re moaning that the price of travel should be included into the price of saying that the travelling is a problem. Birmingham is a 20 min train journey and costs like £4 extra to get to. I’m sure our fans will just find anything to moan about.

Gray

The twitter account keep telling fans that they expect clashes to be minimal. So I’d imagine for the majority of the weekends we will be playing alternative weekends to the blues

Will Villa games effect us too though? I know thier stadium is quite far from city centre. But will they want us around the same area at same time?

clint van damme

I genuinely can’t get my head around some people on Twitter you know. They’re moaning that the price of travel should be included into the price of saying that the travelling is a problem. Birmingham is a 20 min train journey and costs like £4 extra to get to. I’m sure our fans will just find anything to moan about.

I pay something like 3.40 to get to the Ricoh from Cov station so it's not a huge difference. Be a Damn sight easier getting a train back as well.

WillenhallSkyBlues

I pay something like 3.40 to get to the Ricoh from Cov station so it's not a huge difference. Be a Damn sight easier getting a train back as well.

I get the buses cause I like to have a drink on match days daysaver on the buses is like £4.40 but you can get a network day tripper which gets you on all buses and trains in West Midlands for like £8. People moaning about paying an extra £3.60

Sbarcher

Looks like I'm stuffed for mid-week matches, no trains to Banbury after 10pm according to Trainline.

Tommo1993

Trains all well and good until a disruption causes cancellations, and they get out the old bus replacements and it takes forever just to get as far as the aeropuerto.

Otis

I get the buses cause I like to have a drink on match days daysaver on the buses is like £4.40 but you can get a network day tripper which gets you on all buses and trains in West Midlands for like £8. People moaning about paying an extra £3.60
Yes, but then people like me walked. I can get a return train to Birmingham for £6.50. Might not sound like a lot, but it all adds up.

Then there is the 40 min walk to.the ground form the station (20 mins X 2), so added to the day.

I know that is just me, but I am sure there are others with similar predicaments.

ccfcway

I have absolutely no doubt at all that other teams fans would not only be moaning about the same thing, but would be doing something collectively about it. Not saying in any way shape or form that any of this is our fault, but what we do about it is. Sadly, we simply cant agree on any course of action to get critical mass.

If the consensus is all parties are to blame, why not have 3 protests,

1) attend a wasps game and sing "in our Coventry homes" for the whole game, holding up banners
2) Protest outside the council with #CITYOFSPORT banners on the first away game of the season
3) Protest against our owners by crowd funding a 1 page advert in the telegraph explaining what they have done to our club

cue the 1) im not paying to get into a wasps game 2) whats the point, 3)they wont care.

Get the stance, but ultimately we simply cant agree so all parties have been allowed to divide us to the point where we are ineffective in what we do / don't do.

I cant imagine any other large club like us letting them get away with this so easily

PurpleBin

Knocks half an hour of my journey.

Just about to get an ST...it's not letting me select my seat though. Or is it just take what you're given?

Gray

Just about to get an ST...it's not letting me select my seat though. Or is it just take what you're given?

Are you trying via your mobile? Says something on the site about it not working on them

ccfcway

Yes, but then people like me walked. I can get a return train to Birmingham for £6.50. Might not sound like a lot, but it all adds up.

Then there is the 40 min walk to.the ground form the station (20 mins X 2), so added to the day.

I know that is just me, but I am sure there are others with similar predicaments.

its only £130 extra for transport and another 12 hours of your life this season.

That's reality and I cant see how some people call that moaning ?

Otis

Slightly off topic, but I always have CWR on while I watch the game (it's great fun watching one player pass the ball and hear Clive Eakin say it's another) .

Can you get a decent CWR signal in Birmingham?

Otis

its only £130 extra for transport and another 12 hours of your life this season.

That's reality and I cant see how some people call that moaning ?
I have said before, I have known people who can barely afford the ticket price, so an extra £3 or £4 can be quite a lot for some.

Tommo1993

Slightly off topic, but I always have CWR on while I watch the game (it's great fun watching one player pass the ball and hear Clive Eakin say it's another) .

I’m sure from memory I can remember listening to a game from Brum. There’d be some sort of retransmission in case maybe as they do with away games

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

I think you have to use the desktop site rather than mobile. Couldn’t get the seat selector to work on the phone, but could do so on the laptop. Took about 10 attempts allowing for all the time outs and errors......

ccfcway

someone just told me you have to pay in Euros when you get to Birmingham as well. Any news on the passport situation :)

Users who are viewing this thread