Season Tickets - Rallying Cry! (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

Best opportunity in years to convince old mates, family friends, etc to get a season ticket. The price is right and the quality could be right up there (assuming we stay in The Championship).

Group of mates who've stopped going in the last few years? Convince them to have more lads days out post the pandemic.
Family friends with children without a team? Convince them to sign up and make memories (the price of the JSB membership with ST is likely to peanuts - why not even pay for your sons friend to come along too?)
Old Man not been for years? Convince him to have some more days out with the family

I feel like it's the fans job (as well as the clubs) to get the message out there. The club have done their bit (right price and at The Ricoh). Lets all try and do ours too and lets make a difference!

PUSB

Evo1883

We will be getting 4 as usual.. Alot of talk over the radios at work of people getting one too at our place

I have a feeling though many won't need convincing, first championship season for 10/11 years for many , no football in person for a year and a half..

Should shift alot more than usual

Also coventrys ever increasing student population... A market the club need to dig into.. High level football, decent prices (better for students) get on it

Also no harm in 1000 or more free school tickets each match either surely? Especially if they are getting something from food and beverage

Last edited:

Alex1987

It's almost those groups of 4 or 5 lads where you have 1 who wants to go and you almost need to convince one more to get the domino effect of all 5 then going.

Adge

It’s a great incentive at the price quoted-I have a feeling that some may play safe still though as for the outlay of £300 there is still a risk that football may still not be available till much later on in the year.
Bit of a gamble as those who purchased found out last season.

shmmeee

With the spirit of this 100%, but no, the club have not “done their job” simply by turning up and that’s the attitude that’s at the heart of their issues. They need to start caring about the product they’re selling. Improve the experience, get the word out, their job doesn’t end with price setting.

Last edited:

Samo

With the spirit of this 100%, but no, the club have not “done their job” simply by turning up and that’s the attitude that’s at the heart of their issues. They need to start caring about the product they’re selling. Improve the experience, get the word out, their job doesn’t end with price setting.

Yup, its time for some really aggressive marketing and they need to do all they can to improve the match day experience, especially if its going to compete with a retained ifollow offer.

Evo1883

Little things like having schools kids visit the training ground etc... Stadium tours (wasps permitted ofcourse)

LincolnNick

I agree this is a massive turning point and we must do all we can to engage/excite our potential fan base. The tragic issue over the past few years is that the next generation of Sky Blues fans have been turned off by the poor form on the pitch and not playing in Coventry.

I used to work in Nottingham and was amazed how the 2 Nottingham clubs actively promoted themselves to youngsters. An example was that every child were given free tickets on their 8th Birthday so even if the family were not natural footie fans they had the opportunity to go to see the local team.

I agree a 1000 free tickets a game is nothing and they should rotate them between all the primary schools in Coventry and Warwickshire.

We can not miss this opportunity as it will lay the foundations for decades to come.

skybluesam66

How can we get people into the Ground or surroundings much earlier, and make it more of an occasion, where if people spend and extra £5/£10 at least it is more of a day out

Any use of the Exhibition hall as a Fans zone,
CCFC Stands outside the ground for Refreshments + Merchandise.
Competitions inside/outside
Food and drink promotions / Loyalty vouchers
All inclusive season ticket (match ticket/ Programme/Home and away shirt + say £10 food drinks per game for say £599)
How to encourage away fans - similar offering, or fans zone elsewhere but within easy distance

if we get an average of 15000 per game, an extra £5 per revenue per person is probably 50% profit, so would make an extra £0.9m (league games) available to be spent on the team. So invest 200k to make that 0.9m happen

Reactions: AOM

Evo1883

Also I know it sounds silly.. But il allude to my trip to Everton once again.

They have banners on all the lampposts leading up to goodison Park from all angles...

Like this IMG_4633.jpeg

Now I see no reason why we can't have things like this either side of the stadium and along the a444 Jimmy Hill way near the ground... Even if they are staggered with wasps ones who cares... It gives the illusion of a sporting city and people are constantly reminded of Coventry city

Brighton Sky Blue

Will be buying one with the wife (by August) regardless of league status, first time she’ll have had one. For us alone the price is enough of an appeal as midweek matches are off the table. Partnerships with other businesses where you could get a discount using eg a match or season ticket would be a nice way to get goodwill in the city as well as with the fan base.

I would also very much like us to find a non gambling sponsor but that’s separate.

shmmeee

It’s OK Goddens back soon and Max can get back to his real job of school visits and interacting with fans on social media

*runs*

They have banners on all the lampposts leading up to goodison Park from all angles...

Like this View attachment 19121

Now I see no reason why we can't have things like this either side of the stadium and along the a444 Jimmy Hill way near the ground... Even if they are staggered with wasps ones who cares... It gives the illusion of a sporting city and people are constantly reminded of Coventry city

Love this.

Sky Blue Pete

Are you local? Can you email your local councillor and suggest it

shmmeee

Better to go direct to whoever is responsible at the council. Roads team or marketing or whatever perhaps? As it’s an A road will it be managed by the council? I assume street furniture is still their remit even if not.

Who is the local councillor for that area and the others included in the parking restriction? They might be best to engage about that as it’s claimed it’s community opposition.

Edit: this has contact details for roundabout advertising, would it come under that? Roundabouts | Outdoor media advertising | Coventry City Council

Evo1883

Better to go direct to whoever is responsible at the council. Roads team or marketing or whatever perhaps? As it’s an A road will it be managed by the council? I assume street furniture is still their remit even if not.

Who is the local councillor for that area and the others included in the parking restriction? They might be best to engage about that as it’s claimed it’s community opposition.

Edit: this has contact details for roundabout advertising, would it come under that? Roundabouts | Outdoor media advertising | Coventry City Council
Surely the club would have to apply for this?

eastwoodsdustman

It’s a great incentive at the price quoted-I have a feeling that some may play safe still though as for the outlay of £300 there is still a risk that football may still not be available till much later on in the year.
Bit of a gamble as those who purchased found out last season.
I think I most of us that paid up for this season knew there’d be little live football on offer. For me It was more about supporting the club through the lockdown so that there’d be something to come back to and I’ll be happy to do it again.

shmmeee

Surely the club would have to apply for this?

Are the club asking? Do they have a contact? Would it be better received coming from voters fans?

Don’t know. My worry is we leave everything to the club to approve/initiate and it’ll never happen as they just don’t think about this stuff and are generally very conservative. The more we can grease the wheels and make their involvement smoother the better.

Also, the club is more than the business structure operating the playing side. It’s all of us and part of the city as well, and IP/copyright issues aside, we shouldn’t be afraid to assert that.

Evo1883

Are the club asking? Do they have a contact? Would it be better received coming from voters fans?

Don’t know. My worry is we leave everything to the club to approve/initiate and it’ll never happen as they just don’t think about this stuff and are generally very conservative. The more we can grease the wheels and make their involvement smoother the better.

Also, the club is more than the business structure operating the playing side. It’s all of us and part of the city as well, and IP/copyright issues aside, we shouldn’t be afraid to assert that.
Ok Well I will send a message to the council, with the picture as an idea and await a response

chiefdave

Talk of flags on lampposts reminds me of that shambles with the flagpoles on the A444 roundabout! Lets hope we get a more positive response this time.

skybluesam66

There will probably be a lot of visitors for city of culture, how can we entice some of those to come to the game, once they have finished looking at statues etc

Sky Blue Harry H

For the half hearted it should be a bit easier to persuade them to tag along to see West Brom, Forest, Derby and the like, rather than Gillingham, Shrewsbury or Burton Albion. Proper 'big name' football clubs most weeks. You can also imagine more Cov Uni students either being enticed as a group to see such games, and the likelihood is that most weeks there will be supporters of the away team attending the University who will want to go along with one or two new friends to watch their team (e.g. much more likely to be a Forest fan or two attending Uni than Shrewsbury fans - just due to the national level of support). You can add Warwick Uni into that too.

Skyblue1971

Best opportunity in years to convince old mates, family friends, etc to get a season ticket. The price is right and the quality could be right up there (assuming we stay in The Championship).

Group of mates who've stopped going in the last few years? Convince them to have more lads days out post the pandemic.
Family friends with children without a team? Convince them to sign up and make memories (the price of the JSB membership with ST is likely to peanuts - why not even pay for your sons friend to come along too?)
Old Man not been for years? Convince him to have some more days out with the family

I feel like it's the fans job (as well as the clubs) to get the message out there. The club have done their bit (right price and at The Ricoh). Lets all try and do ours too and lets make a difference!

PUSB
Replying from the Yorkshire Dales and 2 season tickets from this household will be purchased

Covkid1968#

I love the Everton fans zone.... meet up with mates, outdoor bar and then into the ground at the sound of z cars. Then sit on old wooden seats with no leg room and a heavily reduced view like being at the back of the West End

Covkid1968#

My mate who I stopped tapping up years ago has said he is ready to come again...told the glory hunting band Waggoner to sling his hook!!!!!😎😎

Actually.. I nearly cried with happiness as I’ve been going alone for a few years now and this was getting less fun. So good to have the first of the old group of mates to say he’s going!!!

Grendel

Obvious things to promote the offers are as many have said:

- Awareness via schools, employers (offers to sponsors and JLR type businesses) Universities

- I personally wouldn’t make too much effort on the pre and post March stuff I don’t think it motivates people to come it’s the actual product that does

- the real bit that needs improvement is the match day experience in terms of stewarding (never the politest) and in particular quality of hospitality on offer and speed of delivery which really was not acceptable at the Ricoh or St Andrews

As mentioned parking is a real issue and there’s not a lot the club can do about it. They need to maximise ground parking with combined seat and parking offers as it’s going to be a big problem. I will get a parking spot or it’s just a logistical nightmare

I’ve never found the marketing side to be that bad to be honest from the club as it’s probably a very limited resource - the price I’m sure will be one of the most competitive if we stay up (clearly we have to or it’s impossible to get large attendances) and that’s a strong selling point

We will inevitably get a big attendance on the first game and it’s the experience within the ground which needs to work better

Jagmannn

What ever happend to the raising of extra income , by having the old sky blue pools & others i can't remember ..a bit like a local lottery game , where we paid by direct debit ...i was in one once ..did it just fade out or is there something still out there..

fernandopartridge

According to Highways England, the A444 is not a road they manage

fernandopartridge

Obvious things to promote the offers are as many have said:

- Awareness via schools, employers (offers to sponsors and JLR type businesses) Universities

- I personally wouldn’t make too much effort on the pre and post March stuff I don’t think it motivates people to come it’s the actual product that does

- the real bit that needs improvement is the match day experience in terms of stewarding (never the politest) and in particular quality of hospitality on offer and speed of delivery which really was not acceptable at the Ricoh or St Andrews

As mentioned parking is a real issue and there’s not a lot the club can do about it. They need to maximise ground parking with combined seat and parking offers as it’s going to be a big problem. I will get a parking spot or it’s just a logistical nightmare

I’ve never found the marketing side to be that bad to be honest from the club as it’s probably a very limited resource - the price I’m sure will be one of the most competitive if we stay up (clearly we have to or it’s impossible to get large attendances) and that’s a strong selling point

We will inevitably get a big attendance on the first game and it’s the experience within the ground which needs to work better

A home record as strong as that at St Andrews would help, but with a few more goals for

Bidda

What ever happend to the raising of extra income , by having the old sky blue pools & others i can't remember ..a bit like a local lottery game , where we paid by direct debit ...i was in one once ..did it just fade out or is there something still out there..

I think this is an excellent suggestion but not sure whether it falls foul of gaming legislation? I would be happy to make a £10 monthly payment so long as it benefited the club.

Users who are viewing this thread