Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

I
Will there be a new PL Package at a higher amount or was it a once time deal?
It was sold as a one off, with the 5 years to tie in with Doug’s stated ambition - and, I suppose, the length of the current arena deal.

bigfatronssba

Fair play lay to them though! Like anything, give them an inch and they will take a mile, so although only 2%, they know what will continue to happen.

Irresponsible to protest against all increases. 2% is more than reasonable considering inflation.

Costs have gone up. Only options are to increase income, cut spending, or borrow.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

long post, sorry.

ultimately there's not one 100% perfect answer.

I'm guessing that those bashing the family zone pricing don't have kids.

I bought fz season tickets for my son and I, having sat elsewhere seasons before. As others say, given the number of non Saturday games, the price per game that he can attend starts increasing. the price rises elsewhere last season for JSB' s were crazy ...was it £200?

given that there may be less Saturday games again next year...people advocate to charge more when many simply can't use the ticket? that's a balancing act for Doug to think on before believing all he reads in here.

and whilst I don't have to do this....he's been bought just about every kit we launch over the past few years...plus half the club shop inventory. that all adds up as the price to pay to want to get your child engaged in attending. it's not just the season ticket.

plus the fact...it's in a stand (partially) full of kids. didn't we all want them pushed somewhere together the other year as they dissolve the atmosphere and take up seats in singers corner? whilst I don't want to sit in the fz , the pricing makes it the sensible choice to go with my son.

we have all in the past benefitted from reduced price tickets (some posters are young enough to have been lifted over turnstiles for free I guess). could we be guilty of pulling the ladder up after we've had our own discounts?!!

theres a difficult balance to still attract these future supporters in. there has to be a visible reduction in their price against standard pricing as you are factoring in the fact you want them hooked for life and all their future spend when they grow up.

if there was a way to actually have stewards check that people arent buying cheap tickets and pissing off into other blocks...or that adults purchasing in fz have actually got a child to bring along?

As ever, as soon as a ticketing policy comes out there's always those looking to find the loophole.

I'm watching for the pricing announcement sat very firmly on the fence and will be ultimately swayed by what I deem to be a sensible price.

I'm not certain that whacking up FZ kids ticket pricing is the best way forward.
I don't think anyone wants the price 'whacked up', it just has to not be open to potential misuse. And for that the cost of an adult and child cannot be less than that of a full price adult ticket elsewhere. Think of it as you paying the going rate for your ticket and your kid going free. Therefore if the child doesn't use the ticket you've not lost anything.

I'm also fine with extra child tickets being at a cheaper rate in FZ than elsewhere. What doesn't make sense is additional adult tickets being cheaper than elsewhere.

pusbccfc

Whinging scousers protesting over a 2% season ticket increase. If ours are only going up 2% I’d consider that decent.

Good on them. There's players on the pitch earning £350,000 a week FFS 😂

Flying Fokker

Another important thing to add is a resale system. Plenty talking about the challenges of getting to some games.

Allow people to give/sell the ticket back to the club for sold out games. Don't pay cash but give cashback on season tickets.

I think it's Orient that do something similar. £5 cashback for next year's season ticket. Will encourage a lot of those no-shows in the FZ to allow other families to buy a cheaper ticket. It would also provide additional income for the club being able to sell that seat at it's original price.
We’ll end up paying people to go to the JSB stand.

bigfatronssba

bigfatronssba

Probably not going to do it through ticket sales no matter how high they raise the prices

It won’t just be ticket sales. I imagine merchandise and f&b have increased as well.

People seem to think that football clubs are immune to rising costs.

bigfatronssba

Most of Liverpool’s income is not going to come from those sources I bet, perhaps even when combined.

Probably true but it doesn’t mean it should be completely ignored.

If people want a decent team they should be prepared to contribute towards it.

How would you feel about Doug increasing tickets by 2%? Roughly an £8 increase

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably true but it doesn’t mean it should be completely ignored.

If people want a decent team they should be prepared to contribute towards it.

How would you feel about Doug increasing tickets by 2%? Roughly an £8 increase
Ticket income forms a much larger chunk of our turnover than it would for Liverpool so I’d understand it a lot more. Just looked it up, their matchday revenue is £100 million, out of a £600 million turnover. Another £2 million isn’t going to touch the sides of anything football related is it?

As it happens I’ve got my ST price fixed for another 4 years if I keep renewing it which is a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

CBS16

A forward offering of Ephron Mason-Clarke Sakamoto Simms Wright should be enough to shift a shitload! Add an Ohare replacement and a bit more quality across the squad to deal with injuries and we should be in for a cracking season. Hope Doug keeps pricing as it is he did say the increase last term was to get it all out the way instead of incrementally. PUSB

Hobo

Irresponsible to protest against all increases. 2% is more than reasonable considering inflation.

Costs have gone up. Only options are to increase income, cut spending, or borrow.

Especially when a lot of clubs froze prices after COVID. For a lot of clubs energy bills have gone up x3.

It's amazing how fans want cheaper prices for; tickets, merch, food & drink, think owners should subsidize away travel. Oh yes and owners should invest their money in the team more!

skybluericoh

A forward offering of Ephron Mason-Clarke Sakamoto Simms Wright should be enough to shift a shitload! Add an Ohare replacement and a bit more quality across the squad to deal with injuries and we should be in for a cracking season. Hope Doug keeps pricing as it is he did say the increase last term was to get it all out the way instead of incrementally. PUSB
COH will sign after we win the FA cup he’d take Europe over the PL struggling sides😜 next season is gonna be mega I get personal circumstances are different for everyone but unless it is an inflation busting rise I’ll be in again….:

wingy

Especially when a lot of clubs froze prices after COVID. For a lot of clubs energy bills have gone up x3.

It's amazing how fans want cheaper prices for; tickets, merch, food & drink, think owners should subsidize away travel. Oh yes and owners should invest their money in the team more!
Not now though, I barely play more now than before, think of the energy supply as a temporary tax?

bigfatronssba

What costs are effected by a ticket sale ?

You make money on every ticket , player wages are the biggest cause of ticket rises in football not inflation , let's not talk wet

Majority of club staff are not players. They are matchday stewards, and servers in the concourse bars. They all just had about a 10% increase

eastwoodsdustman

Whinging scousers protesting over a 2% season ticket increase. If ours are only going up 2% I’d consider that decent.

Especially when considering how much their benefits have increased this year.

Londonccfcfan

Fair play lay to them though! Like anything, give them an inch and they will take a mile, so although only 2%, they know what will continue to happen.
The rise Probably equates to a about .005% increase in their revenue. Lol

Gate receipts are small fry at those almost billion pound level revenue teams.

Don't know why they bothered the 2%.

Hobo

The rise Probably equates to a about .005% increase in their revenue. Lol

Gate receipts are small fry at those almost billion pound level revenue teams.

Don't know why they bothered the 2%.

Well once you get to a billion 2% is not to be sniffed at.

letsallsingtogether

I'll be renewing but I know long term ST holders who are considering not bothering.

A lot will hinge on the new TV schedules.
Well I'm renewing plus 2 new ST holders.
One lives in Manchester and one in stockport can only make weekend games.
Will give it away for games they can't make.

Users who are viewing this thread