Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Another important thing to add is a resale system. Plenty talking about the challenges of getting to some games.

Allow people to give/sell the ticket back to the club for sold out games. Don't pay cash but give cashback on season tickets.

I think it's Orient that do something similar. £5 cashback for next year's season ticket. Will encourage a lot of those no-shows in the FZ to allow other families to buy a cheaper ticket. It would also provide additional income for the club being able to sell that seat at it's original price.

Robinshio

Correct on the maths/revenue. But that would equate to a loss in the numbers of STs sold and in turn the attendances. Which was more my point really.

I'd rather see the ground full most weeks than a few extra £100k in the bank.
thats the point, its not full in that corner, as people are buying almost free season tickets, and not using them

hamertime

Probably stating the obvious here, but if you raise the costs of the FZ season tickets by too much, you will likely lose quite a few. I think we will see that happen, hence why I think the ST sales will most likely stagnate or drop slightly.

Fag packet maths - lets say theres 3000 FZ tickets. At least half of them are kids STs. Probably more likely towards 2000. You increase ticket prices too much and you'll lose 750-1000 of them. Are we going to sell 1000 more STs at much higher rates elsewhere in the ground? Unless we reach Wembley again, I don't think we will.
You will loose a few but they literally sold out straight away and many were moaning they missed out. Increase the price a bit and you will get the more serious about turning up buying them.

chiefdave

I know it isn't everyone, but it does baffle me how so many people on here are cucking for a price rise on season tickets at the same time each year. This thread is alarmingly similar to the one last year. They've already made things more expensive, let's not encourage them any further!
I'd like mine to be free but I live in the real world where inflation has been high. My season ticket for Blaze has gone up 10% and ticket prices for other events such as concerts are through the roof so anything up to a 10% increase isn't going to come as a shock to me

Mucca Mad Boys

I know it isn't everyone, but it does baffle me how so many people on here are cucking for a price rise on season tickets at the same time each year. This thread is alarmingly similar to the one last year. They've already made things more expensive, let's not encourage them any further!

The cost of doing business has increased. I’d rather pay extra to watch the team to put out a more competitive team.

It’s just being pragmatic, the club needs to drive revenues into the coffers.

All this cool retro stuff they’re doing, it’s to turn a profit.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

£550 adults anywhere in the standard parts of the ground .
FZ £350 adults +£75 x 1 child £100 for 2nd child .
£1000 for any kid with acne up to the age of 18 that sits next to me 😡
Presume all those figures are a joke not just the last line.Adults £550 in standard parts would be an increase of 37 and half % .Way higher than any inflation in recent history.Just looked back at match receipts ending last May on 19,700.This season we have an increase on gates of over 25% and rising(more income there)."Dont kill the goose that lays the golden egg" as the saying goes.
While agreeing the family zone needs looking at. Keep increases within touch with reality

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

£550 adults anywhere in the standard parts of the ground .
FZ £350 adults +£75 x 1 child £100 for 2nd child .
£1000 for any kid with acne up to the age of 18 that sits next to me 😡
Can't agree with that. Basically an adult can get a ticket and a spare seat (or two) beside them for less than a seat anywhere else.

It has to cost more than an adult ticket on its own. I'd rather see a higher price for the kids but with a free shirt thrown in for them.

Robinshio

Can't agree with that. Basically an adult can get a ticket and a spare seat (or two) beside them for less than a seat anywhere else.

It has to cost more than an adult ticket on its own. I'd rather see a higher price for the kids but with a free shirt thrown in for them.
agree, and that is the issue today

I think
414 ST standard (£18 per game)
460 ST premium (£20 per game)
350 ST Family zone 125 Child family zone

That is probably very fair £26 a match for a parent and 2 children - you are not getting a cheaper day out - and if your children can only manage 5 games, then a season ticket is not for you

Perryccfc

Unfortunately I won't be renewing, and I really hate that I won't be. But I live 3 hours away and it's a huge financial commitment that I have done 3 years running now with me and my two kids. But this seasons lack of Saturday fixtures has meant they have hardly been able to go, I've been attending the rearranged fixtures, then not getting home until well past 1am and have to be up at 6 for work.
All that and the fact me and the better half are saving to buy a house, just not feasible for the next few years sadly. I'll be back though :)

MTK

I
Unfortunately I won't be renewing, and I really hate that I won't be. But I live 3 hours away and it's a huge financial commitment that I have done 3 years running now with me and my two kids. But this seasons lack of Saturday fixtures has meant they have hardly been able to go, I've been attending the rearranged fixtures, then not getting home until well past 1am and have to be up at 6 for work.
All that and the fact me and the better half are saving to buy a house, just not feasible for the next few years sadly. I'll be back though :)
It feels sad reading messages like this. Hope you get your house soon and it won’t feel quite such a loss

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I do feel for people like yourself it's a shame some system can't be worked out for people who can only attend on Saturdays I was going to say could you not buy a 6 match package but didn't look as though they were available this last season.
If I were you make your feeling known to the club there might just be some way of the many people like yourself of getting to see games that don't cost mega money.

Martw

I do feel for people like yourself it's a shame some system can't be worked out for people who can only attend on Saturdays I was going to say could you not buy a 6 match package but didn't look as though they were available this last season.
If I were you make your feeling known to the club there might just be some way of the many people like yourself of getting to see games that don't cost mega money.
The 6 and 12 match packages would be perfect for those who travel a long way to a home game, want to make some form of commitment to the club but perhaps struggle with a ST due to so many changes away from 3pm on a Saturday.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The 6 and 12 match packages would be perfect for those who travel a long way to a home game, want to make some form of commitment to the club but perhaps struggle with a ST due to so many changes away from 3pm on a Saturday.
Thats what I was hoping that could help people like Perryccfc as I used them few years back but could not see them for this season perhaps I need new glasses.
Like I said I do think it might be worth him getting in touch with the club as there must be many in his situation (whom we don't want to lose ie commit to maybe 12 games a season).Would be best to let them know about the possiblity of lost revenue before any ST announcement

napolimp

thats the point, its not full in that corner, as people are buying almost free season tickets, and not using them

I think that there's a kind of cheat there to get a cheaper adult season ticket, buy an adult and a child and the total cost comes out at less than a full price season ticket elsewhere. Then you've got a spare empty seat next to you. I think a lot are doing this.

Macca1987

Thats what I was hoping that could help people like Perryccfc as I used them few years back but could not see them for this season perhaps I need new glasses.
Like I said I do think it might be worth him getting in touch with the club as there must be many in his situation (whom we don't want to lose ie commit to maybe 12 games a season).Would be best to let them know about the possiblity of lost revenue before any ST announcement
Maybe get Pete to raise the question at the next forum

djr8369

Tbh never even looked at the family zone prices, but how the fuck can 2 STs there (adult + child) be 100 quid cheaper than the cheapest single ticket elsewhere????
We should absolutely be encouraging families and getting young people interested but it does seem a bit crazy. Wouldn’t be against it being that cheap if club could verify it was for people who actually had kids and planned to turn up.

ovduk78

I am not sure if I will renew as I will only have been to 8 games this season. The cost is a consideration as I also have to buy a ticket for my son when he can make it as well but as it costs me about £160 in travel & accommodation each time on top of ticket costs it isn't the main issue. If they did 12 match packages & I could use it for 2 tickets per game I would definitely get 1 instead although I suppose if I did we would end up sitting in different seats every time.

skybluecam

We should absolutely be encouraging families and getting young people interested but it does seem a bit crazy. Wouldn’t be against it being that cheap if club could verify it was for people who actually had kids and planned to turn up.
Make an adult + child ticket the same price as a single adult elsewhere. Otherwise you’re just encouraging people to sign up imaginary children for cheaper tickets surely?

long post, sorry.

ultimately there's not one 100% perfect answer.

I'm guessing that those bashing the family zone pricing don't have kids.

I bought fz season tickets for my son and I, having sat elsewhere seasons before. As others say, given the number of non Saturday games, the price per game that he can attend starts increasing. the price rises elsewhere last season for JSB' s were crazy ...was it £200?

given that there may be less Saturday games again next year...people advocate to charge more when many simply can't use the ticket? that's a balancing act for Doug to think on before believing all he reads in here.

and whilst I don't have to do this....he's been bought just about every kit we launch over the past few years...plus half the club shop inventory. that all adds up as the price to pay to want to get your child engaged in attending. it's not just the season ticket.

plus the fact...it's in a stand (partially) full of kids. didn't we all want them pushed somewhere together the other year as they dissolve the atmosphere and take up seats in singers corner? whilst I don't want to sit in the fz , the pricing makes it the sensible choice to go with my son.

we have all in the past benefitted from reduced price tickets (some posters are young enough to have been lifted over turnstiles for free I guess). could we be guilty of pulling the ladder up after we've had our own discounts?!!

theres a difficult balance to still attract these future supporters in. there has to be a visible reduction in their price against standard pricing as you are factoring in the fact you want them hooked for life and all their future spend when they grow up.

if there was a way to actually have stewards check that people arent buying cheap tickets and pissing off into other blocks...or that adults purchasing in fz have actually got a child to bring along?

As ever, as soon as a ticketing policy comes out there's always those looking to find the loophole.

I'm watching for the pricing announcement sat very firmly on the fence and will be ultimately swayed by what I deem to be a sensible price.

I'm not certain that whacking up FZ kids ticket pricing is the best way forward.

djr8369

Make an adult + child ticket the same price as a single adult elsewhere. Otherwise you’re just encouraging people to sign up imaginary children for cheaper tickets surely?
That was my initial thought too but then I thought maybe it’s worth making them cheaper to encourage families. As I said, need to make sure that’s real families who actually want to turn up, but that’s not easy to do any everyone will have games they can’t make.

Maybe a different solution is required. A lot of people with young kids would love to attend occasionally on a good deal.

djr8369

long post, sorry.

I bought fz season tickets for my son and I, having sat elsewhere seasons before. As others say, given the number of non Saturday games, the price per game that he can attend starts increasing. the price rises elsewhere last season for JSB' s were crazy ...was it £200?

given that there may be less Saturday games again next year...people advocate to charge more when many simply can't use the ticket? that's a balancing act for Doug to think on before believing all he reads in here.

and whilst I don't have to do this....he's been bought just about every kit we launch over the past few years...plus half the club shop inventory. that all adds up as the price to pay to want to get your child engaged in attending. it's not just the season ticket.

plus the fact...it's in a stand (partially) full of kids. didn't we all want them pushed somewhere together the other year as they dissolve the atmosphere and take up seats in singers corner? whilst I don't want to sit in the fz , the pricing makes it the sensible choice to go with my son.

we have all in the past benefitted from reduced price tickets (some posters are young enough to have been lifted over turnstiles for free I guess). could we be guilty of pulling the ladder up after we've had our own discounts?!!

theres a difficult balance to still attract these future supporters in. there has to be a visible reduction in their price against standard pricing as you are factoring in the fact you want them hooked for life and all their future spend when they grow up.

if there was a way to actually have stewards check that people arent buying cheap tickets and pissing off into other blocks...or that adults purchasing in fz have actually got a child to bring along?

As ever, as soon as a ticketing policy comes out there's always those looking to find the loophole.

I'm watching for the pricing announcement sat very firmly on the fence and will be ultimately swayed by what I deem to be a sensible price.

I'm not certain that whacking up FZ kids ticket pricing is the best way forward.
Maybe there should be a JSB specific entrance where tickets for FZ are properly checked. Absolutely need to engage the youth while understanding families can’t make huge financial commitments or attend every game.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I am not sure if I will renew as I will only have been to 8 games this season. The cost is a consideration as I also have to buy a ticket for my son when he can make it as well but as it costs me about £160 in travel & accommodation each time on top of ticket costs it isn't the main issue. If they did 12 match packages & I could use it for 2 tickets per game I would definitely get 1 instead although I suppose if I did we would end up sitting in different seats every time.
Sitting in different seat is a bit of a bind but when I did it a few years ago found no bother.
Always remember standing on the kop enjoying watching the moves be played out.Moves you could not appreiate closer to the pitch.

skybluecam

long post, sorry.

Keep kids ticket £50/100, increase the adult ticket to 350 (or £50 cheaper than the cheapest single adult ticket).

2 tickets in the FZ being cheaper than 1 anywhere else is madness.

samccov1987

Keep kids ticket £50/100, increase the adult ticket to 350 (or £50 cheaper than the cheapest single adult ticket).

Not far off my suggestion; I’d said £300/£100. But either way Adult and Kid should cost the same as standard adult.

When do we think Doug will release the prices? Is he waiting to see what league we’re in or do we think he’ll go early and get them on sale ASAP?

skybluericoh

I think that there's a kind of cheat there to get a cheaper adult season ticket, buy an adult and a child and the total cost comes out at less than a full price season ticket elsewhere. Then you've got a spare empty seat next to you. I think a lot are doing this.
I think you are right. Nobody likes an increase in ticket prices, except maybe the club, I was on a concession price which went due to the age being moved and did think about getting a ticket for one of the grand kids and going in the FZ. But thought about it and realise that if we want success then we need to support the club.

think that cheap tickets for chips is a great thing but the accompanying adult should be paying the same as an adult in any similar are ie the opposite corner. Unless the FZ is deemed inferior for some reason?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
It must be really difficult to get the balance right on this, you want loads of full paying adults but need the hook of the longer term children who become those full paying adults and all the prices are driven by an ever increasing cost model of players wages predominantly.
Success on the pitch like now and scarily families sacrifice and pay the price along with individuals to find the money, as soon as they start playing badly, that price point becomes a real issue, as does the timing of games and you can see more people investing in the alternative ways to watch every game, Sky, Ifollow with VPN or firestick.

I wouldn't want to be the ones setting the pricing right now that's for sure, no win situation compared to how cheap it was a few years back or when they look at the likes of Sheff Wed etc and their pricing

Robinshio

it is also madness selling a ticket at £50 when the seat is hardly ever used

bigfatronssba

Whinging scousers protesting over a 2% season ticket increase. If ours are only going up 2% I’d consider that decent.

Levship20

Whinging scousers protesting over a 2% season ticket increase. If ours are only going up 2% I’d consider that decent.

Fair play lay to them though! Like anything, give them an inch and they will take a mile, so although only 2%, they know what will continue to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread