Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

I agree about FZ.

Should be a minimum of 1A + 1C that should come to a significant amount more than an adult ST. Any extra adult tickets should cost the same as other parts of the ground.
Fair

For me, if the kids were 'priced out' or just didnt enjoy going I probably wouldnt have an ST.

I know theres probably not many like that but the enjoyment of seeing them enjoying being fans is what makes it for me. If they weren't there id probably just watch it on the stick all the time. Been there and done the whole getting shitfaced with the lads for the game, past that now

long way home

He obviously knows business and knows how to be successful in it. He will of turned over every stone to find out ways of increasing revenue. He is not going to give away the opportunity to add more income, he is by no means a charity.

I think he talks straight and unlike others has stuck to his words and showed he means them. I think him and Robins have the same idea just maybe have a different timescale. But when he leaves we will be in a lot better position on and off the field. And he want be begging anyone to take it off him, he will make his money. And if we do well he deserves to walk a way with something to show for it.

To say the club hasn't change is a bit narrow minded in my opinion.

shmmeee

Fair

For me, if the kids were 'priced out' or just didnt enjoy going I probably wouldnt have an ST.

I know theres probably not many like that but the enjoyment of seeing them enjoying being fans is what makes it for me. If they weren't there id probably just watch it on the stick all the time. Been there and done the whole getting shitfaced with the lads for the game, past that now

Would you consider them priced out if you can’t get an adult and child ST cheaper than an adult ticket elsewhere? It’s just about people taking the piss for cheap tickets.

torchomatic

See this nonsense all the time. Let’s say we sold 20,000 STs at £350. That’s £7million. About one third of what we received from ONE player sale in the summer.

Now Doug could set the STs at £250 each and still net £5million in sales. That £2million is not going to make our break our season at this point (and there’s no chance he reinvests all of it anyway), but a saving of hundreds of pounds would be massive to a struggling family.

Granted, it’s not just Doug & Coventry, most clubs in the top two tiers massively overcharge. Premier League clubs could afford to let every fan in for free every game - ticket sales make up a tiny fraction of their income.
Huddersfield had the cheapest STs in think. £250 for all areas of the ground.

Don't mind an increase, but hope he's sensible.

exhallskyblue

🤣

Yes, the wages of concern are those on minimum wage, not the players on £15k/week 😂

What percentage of a season ticket price do you think is for NMW wages?
Was replying in a rush. Should have said operating costs rather than the NMW comparison. But was all I could think of lol. Still, some people wouldn’t even factor stuff like that in!

torchomatic

Mark robins hinted they will be released shortly today on the radio .. what are we thinking ... price rise , freeze ?

Anybody not renewing ?

We will be renewing , I also fancy us to break this seasons record
Lad turns 18 this year and getting divorced so will probably have to use finance for the fist time, so hoping prices don't go up too much. How long if finance over 9/10 months?

shmmeee

Was replying in a rush. Should have said operating costs rather than the NMW comparison. But was all I could think of lol. Still, some people wouldn’t even factor stuff like that in!

No worries. Read like you were blaming Doris in the TO for any price increase. Just bothers me we never say “hey let’s pay a 21 year old only £4K/week instead of £5k/week” it’s always about NMW causing inflation.

cstring82

Lad turns 18 this year and getting divorced so will probably have to use finance for the fist time, so hoping prices don't go up too much. How long if finance over 9/10 months?
Not sure if they charge interest but a 0% purchase credit card is what I did last year and allowed me 12 months to pay it off.
The unbudgetted play off run destroyed the season ticket fund, don’t mind it happening again mind!

pusbccfc

I guess you don't work in public relations 🤣

Haha!

Ultimately the JSB tickets were too cheap hence why the seats are half empty..

skybluericoh

Few things I would do

FZ adult price the same as other similar areas. Only 1 child at £50 second at £75 per adult. We need to keep kids coming.

Announce a ‘limit’ on STs that would allow something like 4000 pay per game tickets available. We need to create a need to purchase, so that if you don’t have an ST then you run a real risk on not getting a ticket.

I’ve missed more games than usual this season, family commitments, and an injury, but still think ST offers VFM so will be renewing.

There are two ways to generate cash flow, price increases, which can back fire if people don’t renew, or increase sales. CCFC have seen an increase in sales this season so may be able to freeze or just have a small % increase? But the FZ price disparity needs addressing.

chiefdave

How are attendances at the Blaze these days? No to derail the thread but I was curious. I've seen a few highlights clips and the arena looked half empty. I used to go a lot about 15 years ago and it always seemed busy, and the team were actually competitive.
Not great tbh, they're going down when the rest of the league is going up. Official attendance tonight was 2,192 so plenty of empty seats. Play off quarter final 2nd leg next Sunday so hopefully a decent crowd for that.

Owners that never talk to the supporters and can't / won't put any money in but don't seem interested in letting anyone else take over. Squad put together on a shoestring budget lower than the rest of the league. Club being run with the bare minimum of staff and people working multiple roles. Hardly any merch available etc etc

Sound familier?

Hiraeth

Think the Premier Package means the base price has to rise, otherwise where’s the benefit in fixing it at £500?
It does seem likely that the price will be rising.

Will be renewing on Premier League Package so not directly affected but I hope any price increases are minimal.

We've only just got attendances to 80% of stadium capacity. I feel there's much more to be gained long term in continuing to drive the trend in growing numbers of STH rather than any short term financial benefit from a large price hike.

Mucca Mad Boys

It does seem likely that the price will be rising.

Will be renewing on Premier League Package so not directly affected but I hope any price increases are minimal.

We've only just got attendances to 80% of stadium capacity. I feel there's much more to be gained long term in continuing to drive the trend in growing numbers of STH rather than any short term financial benefit from a large price hike.

The purpose of the Premier League package was to give the opportunity for fans to lock in a 5 year price guarantee. Which is good value considering inflationary pressure (and so on). If we were to get to the Prem, the ST price would need to offset the ‘free season tickets’ owed to 5-6k STHs.

There will be focus on driving ‘profitable’ business, so I imagine aside from ST price increases, they will probably look to reduce the FZ size significantly too

torchomatic

Think the Premier Package means the base price has to rise, otherwise where’s the benefit in fixing it at £500?
That was always going to be the case when dangling the "free PL ST" carrot for paying £500. There's no way I could afford two tickets at that price, which is why I hope Doug doesn't get too greedy.

Kingokings204

That was always going to be the case when dangling the "free PL ST" carrot for paying £500. There's no way I could afford two tickets at that price, which is why I hope Doug doesn't get too greedy.

there is no point in getting greedy. Look at the corporate boxes. Got that massively wrong. We are a great side and improving every season. Even factually. More points every season so next season could be huge. Thing is though you have to plan for when the times are not so good. I don’t think he will go too greedy. He seems to love it and knows what he is doing. Let’s hope

Robinshio

we could do something like
STs for kids without points for adult or child 50
STs for kids with points 125

if they cant go on a school night or most weekends to home games, then an away trip is surely out of the question

mmttww

Yeah, a jump next season won't look good.

JSBs in Family Zone was silly cheap.

Otherwise, you'd hope it'll stay about the same.

edgy

Probably stating the obvious here, but if you raise the costs of the FZ season tickets by too much, you will likely lose quite a few. I think we will see that happen, hence why I think the ST sales will most likely stagnate or drop slightly.

Fag packet maths - lets say theres 3000 FZ tickets. At least half of them are kids STs. Probably more likely towards 2000. You increase ticket prices too much and you'll lose 750-1000 of them. Are we going to sell 1000 more STs at much higher rates elsewhere in the ground? Unless we reach Wembley again, I don't think we will.

Last edited:

samccov1987

I’d hope there would be no significant rise for early bird prices.

Family zone probably should rise but not by a massive amount. £300 adult £100 kid seems fair. That’s £800 for family of four which isn’t small change for most people.

It’s great attendances are on the up but I still don’t see or hear anyone struggling to get home tickets if they want them.

Theres more money from the tv deal next year and with our improved performances and exposure you’d think we could squeeze more from sponsorship - Think KOS was only for a year.

Keep it affordable for people and keep the momentum going.

chiefdave

It can't be that hard to look at the system and see cards that aren't being used. Would be noticeable if someone was scanning two cards but only one person going in as you'd have to move the gate without anyone going through.

Guess from the clubs perspective is it going to cause more issues than it resolves.

Martw

there is no point in getting greedy. Look at the corporate boxes. Got that massively wrong. We are a great side and improving every season. Even factually. More points every season so next season could be huge. Thing is though you have to plan for when the times are not so good. I don’t think he will go too greedy. He seems to love it and knows what he is doing. Let’s hope
I hope he has learnt lessons from last year, the mess over corporate tickets meant many of us who felt priced out of the corporate area last year meant 12,000 people already purchased ST's before we had chance to choose a seat. I know boo hoo me but it was a total sh*t show. just announcing all tickets at the same time this summer would be a start. I would expect 4% - 5% increase for certain, I hope nothing more than that but we shall see. It is a shame to see boxes empty this season, I dont know the actual number but it looks like its in double figures.

Robinshio

Probably stating the obvious here, but if you raise the costs of the FZ season tickets by too much, you will likely lose quite a few. I think we will see that happen, hence why I think the ST sales will most likely stagnate or drop slightly.

Fag packet maths - lets say theres 3000 FZ tickets. At least half of them are kids STs. Probably more likely towards 2000. You increase ticket prices too much and you'll lose 750-1000 of them. Are we going to sell 1000 more STs at much higher rates elsewhere in the ground? Unless we reach Wembley again, I don't think we will.
you would only need to sell 150 to make it pay . Also many people complained that FZ had sold out this season, so there maybe some willing to pay a bit more

we dont want empty seats £50 a ticket was too cheap, and needs to be at least £5 a game even based on 20 games - so minimum of £100

OldBedrocker

kids prices have to increase as do adults in the family zone - too many empty seats there (Even for yesterdays 3pm saturday kick off)
i think £125 kids and £350 adult us much better - so still getting dad and 2 kids for £600
Kids ST in block 18 is already £125

Covcraig@bury

£550 adults anywhere in the standard parts of the ground .
FZ £350 adults +£75 x 1 child £100 for 2nd child .
£1000 for any kid with acne up to the age of 18 that sits next to me 😡

edgy

you would only need to sell 150 to make it pay . Also many people complained that FZ had sold out this season, so there maybe some willing to pay a bit more

we dont want empty seats £50 a ticket was too cheap, and needs to be at least £5 a game even based on 20 games - so minimum of £100

Correct on the maths/revenue. But that would equate to a loss in the numbers of STs sold and in turn the attendances. Which was more my point really.

I'd rather see the ground full most weeks than a few extra £100k in the bank.

alexccfc99

Looking at moving away from home for career progression so it is yet to be seen how much I will use my ST

I will have to get one anyway as away tickets are a non starter these days if you don't have one so will have to buy it and let family use it when I can't make a home game

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Don't forget we have the fund running to help families again this year, not a lot raised yet compared to previous seasons but if prices are to be out soon, please don't forget to nominate or donate if you can, we currently have enough for just a couple of families compared to over 100 last year.
ST Fund Year 7 link is a pinned chat at the top with links to the fund and the nomination form

Users who are viewing this thread