Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (10 Viewers)

CV22SBA

Only way I’m renewing is if we go up. 7 Saturday 3pm kick offs all season has ruined it, the odd mid week game is fair enough, quite enjoy it under the lights etc , but the scheduling has ruined it for me. Not the clubs fault I know. But the football on a Saturday is part of the weekend routine for me, I’ve got enough going on in the week.
That makes no sense. If we go up it will be even less Saturday 3pm kick offs.

oakey

Don't think it's 7.
By my reckoning we've had 5 Saturday at 3pm. Will check again.

Kilclines curly mullet

Me and my lad renewing. The non Saturday games kill us living in Hampshire but it is what it is. We love going so make the effort. His first ever game was our last in the Premiership so he's desperate to see us go up.
We are renewing x4 from Hampshire also. The midweek games can be a stretch getting home past midnight but still worth the effort.

It works out at about £20 per match so can miss about 7 games before you lose out on money and also have the advantage of not having to purchase match by match.

Mucca Mad Boys

Only way I’m renewing is if we go up. 7 Saturday 3pm kick offs all season has ruined it, the odd mid week game is fair enough, quite enjoy it under the lights etc , but the scheduling has ruined it for me. Not the clubs fault I know. But the football on a Saturday is part of the weekend routine for me, I’ve got enough going on in the week.

Well, I suppose we won’t be cheering for an FA Cup run next season since that’s impacted 3 or 4 Saturday 3pm KOs.

I don’t really understand why people are so inconvenienced by early or late KOs on the weekend. I understand the frustrations with Tues-Weds night games because the travelling is killer if you live outside of the midlands.

exhallskyblue

Why does Doug need to increase prices? When is the new TV deal coming in? He said that would change the way clubs look at ticket prices.
Increase is bound to happen. The same staff working in admin or behind the scenes hourly rates would have gone up in line with nmw (or salary reviews) and add in employer contributions pensions etc and other costs passed on from other stakeholders. Therefore the cost is passed onto the consumer (us) to either ensure same price points or make more of a profit.

samccov1987

Can’t believe how cheap mine was this year in the family stand. £300 for me and the kid compared to £370 the season before so fully expecting it to jump back up next season.

On the family stand despite all the noise about checking tickets pre season it’s obvious that people are going in there without kids regularly.
I understand why they restricted the numbers given the price but seems like they’ve prevented genuine families taking advantage of the price and then let it be filled with adults who disappear to other areas of the ground once in.

Hopefully with the south stand now available they can rejig the zones for next season so everyone gets the experience they’re after.

Last edited:

Deity

Inflation is still very much present in the UK so we should expect the ST to go up by at least 5%.

I dont like the number of non Saturday matches but it’s the price of relative success. I’m ok with that trade off.

I may get to a few less matches but I enjoy the season a lot more overall.

fatso

This is money grabbing Doug King we’re talking about. No chance of a freeze - fully expecting at least a 15% increase and abolishing the cheap JSB offer
It's called business.
No one wants a price hike, but I expect the demand to remain high, so I'd expect an increase. If we want the club to continue to invest, its inevitably going to require the fans to do the same.

Mucca Mad Boys

Increase is bound to happen. The same staff working in admin or behind the scenes hourly rates would have gone up in line with nmw (or salary reviews) and add in employer contributions pensions etc and other costs passed on from other stakeholders. Therefore the cost is passed onto the consumer (us) to either ensure same price points or make more of a profit.

Yeah, operating costs go up and if we want to chase the dream of premiership football, that’s not a cheap enterprise. We need to do our part to fill the club’s coffers.

SBbucks

Well, I suppose we won’t be cheering for an FA Cup run next season since that’s impacted 3 or 4 Saturday 3pm KOs.

I don’t really understand why people are so inconvenienced by early or late KOs on the weekend. I understand the frustrations with Tues-Weds night games because the travelling is killer if you live outside of the midlands.

Agreed. None of the scheduled mid-week games are re-arranged for TV, they are known and fixed so people know about these when they buy their season tickets so no reason to complain. The couple of additional mid-week games later in the season are due to FA cup success; would people prefer we didn’t have a cup run?

pusbccfc

Increase the JSB prices and keep the rest of the ground the same.

The price hike for 1 adult and 2 kids to stay in block 15 this season was huge, but that was partly due to one of my kids being too old for JSB this year. Hopefully it won't go up too much. As a side note, I can't work out how they will fit 10 EFL games into a weekend on the TV that they've said they would. Friday 8pm, Saturday 12pm, 5.15pm and 8pm, Sunday 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm and 8pm, and Monday 8pm? Unless they double up on games but surely that defeats the object of it.

chiefdave

Surely the viewing figures will be tiny if they’re showing EFL games at the same time as PL games.

Can’t imagine many people deciding Preston v Millwall is a better option than Man Utd v Liverpool

shmmeee

More than £500 I reckon to
I think the cheap JSB prices will definitely go. Will still need to cater to our future support base though, so will be interesting to what level increases are made in that area.

They need to sort the family zone out so it’s actually families. I still don’t understand why adults get a discount. Just have a cheaper kids ticket and adults need to buy with a child.

Hopefully more tickets where a lot want to actually sit (near the away fans), will mean it’s less of an issue this season.

shmmeee

🤣

Yes, the wages of concern are those on minimum wage, not the players on £15k/week 😂

What percentage of a season ticket price do you think is for NMW wages?

clint van damme

Surely the viewing figures will be tiny if they’re showing EFL games at the same time as PL games.

Can’t imagine many people deciding Preston v Millwall is a better option than Man Utd v Liverpool

That's why I think we'll see Sunday evening games as potbellypig mentions in his post above.

Like to chill on a Sunday evening and get ready for the working week so I'd find a Subday evening kick off a bit of a pain in the arse but it will be what it will be

chiefdave

That's why I think we'll see Sunday evening games as potbellypig mentions in his post above.

Like to chill on a Sunday evening and get ready for the working week so I'd find a Subday evening kick off a bit of a pain in the arse but it will be what it will be
Also going to impact other sports. Blaze try and schedule the majority of their games for Sundays at 5:30pm and if they are at home on a Saturday it’s in the evening so as not to clash.

Imagine Cov rugby prefer not to clash as well.

Going to be near impossible for clubs like that to schedule fixtures to avoid clashing when our games could be anytime from Friday evening to Monday evening

clint van damme

Also going to impact other sports. Blaze try and schedule the majority of their games for Sundays at 5:30pm and if they are at home on a Saturday it’s in the evening so as not to clash.

Going to be near impossible for clubs like that to schedule fixtures to avoid clashing when our games could be anytime from Friday evening to Monday evening

True, though I'd imagine the lack of Saturday 3pms is benefiting Cov rugby.

SBbucks

The price hike for 1 adult and 2 kids to stay in block 15 this season was huge, but that was partly due to one of my kids being too old for JSB this year. Hopefully it won't go up too much. As a side note, I can't work out how they will fit 10 EFL games into a weekend on the TV that they've said they would. Friday 8pm, Saturday 12pm, 5.15pm and 8pm, Sunday 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm and 8pm, and Monday 8pm? Unless they double up on games but surely that defeats the object of it.

It will be 7 live championship games per weekend and they will double those up with the league 1 & 2 games as needed. I think they will also use Thursday night as a “weekend” on weeks when there are no midweek games scheduled.

MalcSB

See this nonsense all the time. Let’s say we sold 20,000 STs at £350. That’s £7million. About one third of what we received from ONE player sale in the summer.

Now Doug could set the STs at £250 each and still net £5million in sales. That £2million is not going to make our break our season at this point (and there’s no chance he reinvests all of it anyway), but a saving of hundreds of pounds would be massive to a struggling family.

Granted, it’s not just Doug & Coventry, most clubs in the top two tiers massively overcharge. Premier League clubs could afford to let every fan in for free every game - ticket sales make up a tiny fraction of their income.
There was an article recently highlighting that a number of Prem clubs want kill off season tickets - they can make more money selling game by game,

SBbucks

Sky do that fairly regularly already, it doesn’t seem to be an issue. You could also say why would they bother having 5 league one/two games each weekend, viewing figures for them will be tiny even if they’re not up against anything else. It’s not about the viewing figures for individual games, it’s about holding an almost monopoly position and being the “home of live football”.

SBbucks

That is not anything that Sky or the EFL are going to waste a second worrying about!
On the plus side, for the first half of the season all the live games will be picked and communicated at the start of the season. Less so after Christmas but still much more notice than now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How are attendances at the Blaze these days? No to derail the thread but I was curious. I've seen a few highlights clips and the arena looked half empty. I used to go a lot about 15 years ago and it always seemed busy, and the team were actually competitive.

hamertime

See this nonsense all the time. Let’s say we sold 20,000 STs at £350. That’s £7million. About one third of what we received from ONE player sale in the summer.

Now Doug could set the STs at £250 each and still net £5million in sales. That £2million is not going to make our break our season at this point (and there’s no chance he reinvests all of it anyway), but a saving of hundreds of pounds would be massive to a struggling family.

Granted, it’s not just Doug & Coventry, most clubs in the top two tiers massively overcharge. Premier League clubs could afford to let every fan in for free every game - ticket sales make up a tiny fraction of their income.
In the premier league ticket sales are a small percentage of turnover. For us it’s about 1/3 of our turnover so it is a big deal. You can’t include the sales of players last season in to the debate as they won’t happen every year.

The prices will go up as expected that’s why they did the premier league package for people to lock in. The kids season tickets should also go up a bit.

Robinshio

kids prices have to increase as do adults in the family zone - too many empty seats there (Even for yesterdays 3pm saturday kick off)
i think £125 kids and £350 adult us much better - so still getting dad and 2 kids for £600

Mucca Mad Boys

There was an article recently highlighting that a number of Prem clubs want kill off season tickets - they can make more money selling game by game,

Even the US sports have season tickets, that doesn’t seem like a good business model.

I do think things like the £30 away ticket cap is well meaning, but drives down the importance of ticket sales which in turn, gives rise to ideas that are anti-fan.

hamertime

kids prices have to increase as do adults in the family zone - too many empty seats there (Even for yesterdays 3pm saturday kick off)
i think £125 kids and £350 adult us much better - so still getting dad and 2 kids for £600
About right, too many people bought the £50 kids season tickets on a whim. Empty seats in it every week.

fatso

You realise we had to sell Hyam to Blackburn for peanuts not long ago to get us out the shit. If you believe that £2 million is insignificant, then it's you that is talking nonsense

Saddlebrains

I get the frustration from people tbh. I got mine and the 2 kids in the family zone this season as it was great value but there are deffo a good 15 -20% of people in there that abused it and the seats are always empty

Id be ok with a price increase in that area but not some of the figures banded about.

Instead of £50 for kids, £100 is acceptable, and instead of £250 for adults £300 is sound. Still a price hike of £200 per 2parents 2 kids in that zone.

There's what 3k in that area? Over half a million extra in the coffers there or thereabots with an increase that people should hopefully be ok with

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

More than £500 I reckon to

They need to sort the family zone out so it’s actually families. I still don’t understand why adults get a discount. Just have a cheaper kids ticket and adults need to buy with a child.

Hopefully more tickets where a lot want to actually sit (near the away fans), will mean it’s less of an issue this season.
I agree about FZ.

Should be a minimum of 1A + 1C that should come to a significant amount more than an adult ST. Any extra adult tickets should cost the same as other parts of the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread