Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (49 Viewers)

pusbccfc

being devils advocate, how is money being thrown away when the seats have, in fact, been sold at the going rate. What is wrong is the fraudulent purchase of FZ tickets with no intention of child's ticket being used. That is down to barmy pricing.

Because the seats could and should be resold during a sell out. Most clubs in the top two divisions have resale schemes and must make decent money from it during sell outs.

MalcSB

I'm not sure why people would pay for something they can't attend ?

Maybe the answer is to reduce the price of kids tickets generally as a single purchase so fans don't feel forced to buy in the family zone to save money

20 - 25 quid is silly money for kids to attend
The kids zone approach was so that potentially high priced tickets in premium zone wouldn’t be sold for peanuts to children. It was about maximising revenue from premium seats,

bigfatronssba

You’re allowed to miss 12 games without any penalty.

If you’re missing more than that why on earth would you buy a season ticket?

bigfatronssba

We used it fr my granddaughter when she was staying with us on understanding it would revert to son on his return

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he was getting in on a cheap kids ticket then?

Sorry but I have no sympathy. Adults should buy adult tickets

Grendel

You’re allowed to miss 12 games without any penalty.

If you’re missing more than that why on earth would you buy a season ticket?

I could miss the whole season and the club wouldn’t care so let’s not pretend that’s the motivation here.

If you miss 3 you then have to offer it up for resell in the area it impacts

bigfatronssba

I could miss the whole season and the club wouldn’t care so let’s not pretend that’s the motivation here.

If you miss 3 you then have to offer it up for resell in the area it impacts

You’re not restricting someone else the chance to buy a ticket at a lower rate though

bigfatronssba

No he was in Canada for most of season. When he was in uk he upgraded kids ticket to adult price.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies, I thought you meant he was going in at the rate of a junior ticket

Grendel

It’s all well and good for King to try and impose this when the club is selling high volume but what if form declined and attendance falls?

Customer loyalty is key and customer relations vital.

Not seeing it here

bigfatronssba

cov4theprem

The club are asking fans to attend 14 home matches , keeping kids up once a month until an hour or 2 later than normal isn't going to make them fall asleep at their desk the next day after just the 8 or 9 hours of sleep ffs .
23 games - 10 exchanges, 2 no shows = only 11 matches to attend. If you can't make 11 you shouldn't buy a season ticket. People need to calm down

SBT

When you're depriving another family of cheap tickets, yes.
From the club’s point of view, it doesn’t matter at all - you have good income and brand loyalty from the ST holders, and demand for tickets elsewhere in the stadium, at a more lucrative price to boot.

If your pricing structure is such that families can only attend if they sit in a particular, small section of the stadium, that’s a different issue. And one that should be addressed imo.

pusbccfc

It’s all well and good for King to try and impose this when the club is selling high volume but what if form declined and attendance falls?

Customer loyalty is key and customer relations vital.

Not seeing it here

The JSB section will always have high demand if priced so cheap.

This would be an issue if implemented around the ground.

bigfatronssba

They could by a season ticket and commit?

Yes they could. I imagine though they would rather buy one at the lower price in the FZ than full price elsewhere

Grendel

Yes they could. I imagine though they would rather buy one at the lower price in the FZ than full price elsewhere

But if someone buys it it’s theirs and their free right to attend when they can. No refunds are offered when fixtures are changed. Is that reasonable?

SHUNT31

From the club’s point of view, it doesn’t matter at all - you have good income and brand loyalty from the ST holders, and demand for tickets elsewhere in the stadium, at a more lucrative price to boot.

If your pricing structure is such that families can only attend if they sit in a particular, small section of the stadium, that’s a different issue. And one that should be addressed imo.
People do take the piss though. I have no doubt there are ‘non existent’ children that have ST’s. Same when it was £25 for a child, people on here have openly admitted they used to let their adult mates use the child ticket.

There is no argument to the fact it is not fair on families who genuinely cannot afford a ST in the standard areas, miss out to those who buy the tickets and do not attend.

Tile Hill Phil

The more i look at this the more i get wound up

Who the fuck does Doug think he is sometimes? We're Coventry City not Barcelona. We sold out twice this season

The ticket exchange system, great idea, would of course put our 3 tickets on for games we cant attend

But to say 'ah well if you forget 3 times or you cant make 10' when no one knows how many (IF any) weekend games there will be is a fucking joke tbh
Yeah penalising people for not attending night games with young kids is unfair. From a businessman’s point of view Doug’s already got his money for the seat as it’s already paid for

MalcSB

But if someone buys it it’s theirs and their free right to attend when they can. No refunds are offered when fixtures are changed. Is that reasonable?
Given the way this is going, not refunding where games have been moved for TV or other causes really doesn’t seem reasonable. It seems to be a bit all one way, whilst the calculated and fraudulent abuse of the Family Zone pricing is not being addressed.

pusbccfc

It’s a bit stupid as people buy a season tickets and would assume the date isn’t changing. I estimate 40% of fixtures were removed from the original schedule.

The club don’t offer refunds for this but will make the to ticket holder surrender the seat on a fixture change and it’s not even confirmed they are recompensed

King has never liked concessions and should just scrap it entirely rather than this fudge

If he doesn't like concessions, he wouldn't have a JSB section.

You are allowing your seat to be resold at a JSB price to others who have missed out.

You get 10 chances to do this. That's an awful lot of games.

pusbccfc

The more i look at this the more i get wound up

Who the fuck does Doug think he is sometimes? We're Coventry City not Barcelona. We sold out twice this season

The ticket exchange system, great idea, would of course put our 3 tickets on for games we cant attend

But to say 'ah well if you forget 3 times or you cant make 10' when no one knows how many (IF any) weekend games there will be is a fucking joke tbh

The JSB section is sold out and sold out in minutes. Loads would love to buy a cheaper ticket in there but cannot because it's sold out.

The biggest issue I'll have is if Doug charges £37 for a ticket in the JSB section.

It should be a cheaper ticket for an adult and kid in-line with the season ticket prices.

Chris1987

I'm not being touchy , I just have never understood why parents get so bothered about keeping a kid up a couple hours later than normal once here or there .. parent as you wish but kids generally have more energy than me and you
And flake out very readily. The whole debate is dependent on individual attitude towards schooling and the age the kids are.

prufrock

Another reason it appears family stand is empty is that when you use one of those JSB discount offers to bring a mate for a quid or family for £20 you are all put in a different part of the ground for that match so you can all sit together. I didn't notice our seats being reused at any of those games so were just empty.

My kids and I have a 4 hour round trip to get to matches. They can't make night matches as we don't get back until around midnight. Also if there are also more midday saturday matches due to sky + deal they will miss those too as they are playing their sat morning footy.

Winny the Bish

I keep seeing people mention midweek games going up because of the new TV deal, but what is that based on?

I’ve not seen anything in the press releases to suggest the EFL are saying “we’re moving more games midweek for the hell of it”

Grendel

If he doesn't like concessions, he wouldn't have a JSB section.

You are allowing your seat to be resold at a JSB price to others who have missed out.

You get 10 chances to do this. That's an awful lot of games.

You have to start the process after 3

Grendel

What do you mean? You can put the ticket up for resale at any point. If you don't 3 times then the club step in.

So what if 7 fixtures are moved? Will the holder be compensated in full if unable to attend?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Is it a good time for all you kind posters to donate and help the families, maybe I’ll set up a sharing scheme amongst those we help

if you haven’t donated, spare a little amount to help the 100+ like last season

Users who are viewing this thread