Season Ticket Update (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I'm going out on a limb here but I imagine you're a Tory voter (if not there are plenty of similar stats for all parties). If so, your vote has enabled 27% of children in the UK to live in poverty. That's down to you, isn't it? You are more or less taking food from their mouths and allowing them to starve? Similarly the 400 who have brought season tickets are backing those six in suits.

Silly, isn't it?

And the 400 who back those 6 in suits.

Kingokings204

The argument is sisu will liquidate the club if they fail in the JR but why would they not sell instead? I don't understand.

Also why are these 400 fans risking their money for something that night not exist in 2 months time?

Gosford Green

You better tell all those that attend away matches then, I don't think they realise.

Oh, and what are you doing on here then? This site is for the Covhampton Sky Blues Soccer Team (unless we're at MK Dons and Arsenal) and ACL/CCC fans only.

Has anyone bought a claim throught the sale of goods act yet ?

'' My ticket was advertised as Coventry but when it was delivered it was actually Northampton''

Though most that go to Sixfields are probably so far up Fishers arse they would`nt dare do such a thing.

Go on say it. ''Supporting the lads''.

torchomatic

Yep, something like that.

If I am honest that looks a stab at humour between CC4L and Torch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

The same argument is used if somehow SISU got hold of the Ricoh. It's been repeated and chanted by so many that it's now a cast iron fact. That's the SBT Way.

The argument is sisu will liquidate the club if they fail in the JR but why would they not sell instead? I don't understand.

Also why are these 400 fans risking their money for something that night not exist in 2 months time?

Gosford Green

The sale value of the club is almost nothing. No ground almost no fans and a squad showing no players worth much.*

Liquidation would be a quicker and easier option. The looses could be moved around the business and no doubt offset against some tax bill somewhere.

*And huge debts.......

Last edited:

Grendel

Really? why is that some statement from me? Strange how you didn't pile into CC4L for his post but you include it in your rant about it to me when I didn't even say anything about the 400 season tickets. Just about sums you up of late.

Perhaps it becomes very tiresome when the same rapid posters repeatedly make strange accusations and dress them up as facts.

400 season ticket holders will not change the clubs destiny either way. Its used by stirrers such as Kop to create supporter division.

He is a grade one knob head and will now claim I'm abisuve yet he abuses supporters on a daily basis and gets away with it.

shmmeee

Perhaps it becomes very tiresome when the same rapid posters repeatedly make strange accusations and dress them up as facts.

400 season ticket holders will not change the clubs destiny either way. Its used by stirrers such as Kop to create supporter division.

He is a grade one knob head and will now claim I'm abisuve yet he abuses supporters on a daily basis and gets away with it.

Wait, who are we talking about again?

OT: 400 tickets in a longer period than last year, however you dress it up. And didn't 300 or so go in a block to the club last season?

shmmeee

Is it like a grade two knob head but slightly bigger and encrusted with jewels and gold braiding?

I thought it was a knob that's just started to play the piano:

[video=youtube;4uyPkAa0xYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uyPkAa0xYA[/video]

tonyok

If you assume that they have sold 400 tickets and all at the maximum price, this will generate a 'massive' income of just over £80,000.

This will not cover the salary bill for June, it looks like the sale of Callum will pay the salaries for the rest of 2014!

Grendel

Wait, who are we talking about again?

OT: 400 tickets in a longer period than last year, however you dress it up. And didn't 300 or so go in a block to the club last season?

I am referring to the "fact" that if no one bought a season ticket this would make a swifter return to Coventry. There is nothing to suggest this is the case its a wildly unscientific accusation.

Grendel

shmmeee

I am referring to the "fact" that if no one bought a season ticket this would make a swifter return to Coventry. There is nothing to suggest this is the case its a wildly unscientific accusation.

Well, it's the future so of course it's not proven, but it's a reasonable assumption. Take it you're one of the new ones in the 400 then?

Spionkop

400 sales too many, if indeed they are actual sales and not some devious paper shifting by Sisu.
The sooner fans realise this club, our club, is in the clutches of people who care not one jot for it - the quicker we'll move on from this travesty.
What does it take for the penny to drop?
A year on we are no further forward. We've gone ever further into decline.
If we continue to be in Northampton expect more decline.
As the players leave and the penny drops with Pressley, he'll realise, along with any remaining attending fans - that there is no future with Sisu.
Back to the Ricoh and it all changes.
Playing in Northampton is shameful and anyone supporting that by attending should be ashamed.
I make no apologies for saying that. My opinion.

Grendel

400 sales too many, if indeed they are actual sales and not some devious paper shifting by Sisu.
The sooner fans realise this club, our club, is in the clutches of people who care not one jot for it - the quicker we'll move on from this travesty.
What does it take for the penny to drop?
A year on we are no further forward. We've gone ever further into decline.
If we continue to be in Northampton expect more decline.
As the players leave and the penny drops with Pressley, he'll realise, along with any remaining attending fans - that there is no future with Sisu.
Back to the Ricoh and it all changes.
Playing in Northampton is shameful and anyone supporting that by attending should be ashamed.
I make no apologies for saying that. My opinion.

No one should be ashamed other than people like you with your sanctimonious crap.

Grendel

Well, it's the future so of course it's not proven, but it's a reasonable assumption. Take it you're one of the new ones in the 400 then?

Its not reasonable at all and no I am not.

Sbarcher

True, bu they will all buy a pie and Bovrl (at every gam mind you), so tha shoud cover the ret of the season.

torchomatic

lewys33

Some bloke is gonna be well pissed when he finds out his mate ordered 400 Coventry season tickets on his account as a joke! Timmy say - NO REFUND!!

bradwellskyblues

in all seriousness the club cannot expect people to buy season tickets when there is no plan to move forward,mark l and tim f continually tell people that a return to the ricoh is still possible and as long as no land is purchased that looks the most likely

skybluebeduff

Coventry City have sold nearly 400 season tickets as they prepare for their second Sixfields campaign.

They are well ahead of schedule compared to last year when the decision to play their home games 35 miles outside their home city was not confirmed until July.

This time tickets have been on sale for six weeks, with prices pegged and City offering a new travel season ticket to ferry fans to Northampton, and supporters are being tempted with a weekly prize draw to take advantage of the cut-price ‘early bird’ offers.

The Sky Blues went into last season’s first home fixture against Bristol City having sold fewer than 500 season tickets, around eight per cent of the corresponding figure at the Ricoh Arena 12 months earlier.

They pulled in between 1,400 and 1,500 home fans for their Sixfields games with visiting supporters bumping the average attendance to 2,287.

The highest gate was 4,905 for the Boxing Day League game against Peterborough United and the lowest 1,214 for the FA Cup tie against Hartlepool United.

And the figures have a direct effect on Steven Pressley’s ability to recruit a competitive squad.

His budget was slashed by over a half to around £2million last term and he has admitted that will be trimmed again this summer, forcing him to be even more aware of value-for-money when he identifies his priority targets.

A club spokesperson said: “We are quickly approaching 400 season ticket sales and that is bearing in mind that, at this point last year, tickets had not yet gone on sale.

“While most are renewals, several fans who have signed up to season tickets this year didn’t do so at all last year.

“We know that the temporary move to groundshare has been extremely difficult for everyone, none more so than for our supporters.

"To that end, we reduced season ticket prices for the 2013/14 season and they have been frozen for the new campaign if fans buy before August 1.

So basically nothing has changed and last seasons holders have renewed, great story. Unlucky that these people show no loyalty to the City Of Coventry, bravo them!!

covcity4life

If I am honest that looks a stab at humour between CC4L and Torch...

not on my part

i like torchy, i understand people have their reasons for going sixfields, i dont hate anyone.

but i do believe they help keep us there longer than we might if we had 0 fans turn up, and also i just dont agree with home games in northampton, by attending it is admitting defeat imo and letting owners/council win.

i dont think fans should go sixfields.

Grendel

So basically nothing has changed and last seasons holders have renewed, great story. Unlucky that these people show no loyalty to the City Of Coventry, bravo them!!

Congratulations to the thousands of fans who could never be bothered to drag their arses off the armchair unless a cup semi beckoned - bravo to them as well

skybluebeduff

Congratulations to the thousands of fans who could never be bothered to drag their arses off the armchair unless a cup semi beckoned - bravo to them as well

You being that one of many thousand then? Let's not act like you know me on an anonymous forum.

skybluetony176

congratulations to sisu as well for not realising how this demonstrates the potential of our club and capitalising on this and instead offering us an insult by propossing a stadium in the Coventry "area" (whatever that means) with half the capacity of the potential the club has to offer.

Covstu

I am personally fed up with it, last season i was more accepting of our position and would happily go to 6fields. As the season progressed it was clear that SISU were taking the piss and never had any intention of discussing a return to the Ricoh (but equally neather were ACL/CCC). I always said i would give it one year but actually stopped in 7 months.

I would no longer set foot in there, personally i have no issue with people who attend. They are not keeping the club afloat, funding the club for a season etc etc and talk of liquidating the club as a good option is just fecking daft. I personally do not think that if we had 200 ST's or even none that it would change SISU's stance on the whole saga. The JR will dictate alot of both sides next steps but as another poster said the ST money is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things. We know they want the Ricoh so its a waiting game.......

Grendel

You being that one of many thousand then? Let's not act like you know me on an anonymous forum.

Not I always had a season ticket and never mentioned you. Touch a nerve? Guilty feeling?

J

Jack Griffin

Not I always had a season ticket and never mentioned you. Touch a nerve? Guilty feeling?

Grendel adopts the double facing position again, LOL

Well I am according to a vocal section of clueless fools on here.

Perhaps they can answer a question then. Why don't I go to any games? Why still do I give no money to my beloved hedge fund?

Users who are viewing this thread