season ticket sales (1 Viewer)

jacko63

hi all does any one know how many we have sold so far considering whats all going on at the moment

Gaz

Last I heard it was around 2500
That's the best I can offer

kg82

Heard this figure (around that anyway) as well and it made me think, wasn't there the 2 year season ticket option last year? In which case, how many of this number are those?

sylus

lets be honest...they way its goin...it will soon be buy one get two free...even then ..there going to struggle to get bodies in ..

pusbccfc

Around 3000

pauljdh

Im not renewing - it'd be tantamount to giving an alcoholic a tenner - it'd be pissed up the wall by the morning with no return. Not paying the rent, not investing in new players, not retaining those few we have - may as well have Sepellas sort code and put my £300 direct into her bank as it aint going to the City!

And lets not be fooled every player will be offski when they can earn a quid more than they are now. It was always us mugs who stayed faithful - not anymore - the club dont deserve it, weve got to starve the sods out and send them a clear message thet they are not wanted

Im so angry - what a fuck up from every angle!

skyblueman

I understand how you feel - think most of us are angry too - I'm really torn on this tho - I guess the issue of season ticket renewals is the best form of protest we have - on the other hand we support our club no matter what - I havn't renewed yet - I'm just holding off to see what happens but I'm really not comfortable with doing anything that damages the club further - if I renew I'm supporting the current owners obviously - if I don't I'm not - have we got to push our club further to the brink to get it back on a more sustainable path? I'm beginning to think so

skybluesam66

the 2 year deal was the previous year so these are genuine renewals

I have personally renewed as ccfc are my team and they will be long after sisu left
£13 for 3 hours out on a saturday afternoon is not bad value , and it beats shopping!!

I would expect there to be around 6-7k once the season starts - and our gates will be 10-13k based on how we fare

ccfcway

We are fans that support CCFC through thick and thin.

and SISU thnak you for it, that is one of the reasons they have been able to operate as they know you will renew so mortgage off future season ticket sales

shouldnt it be "support CCFC through thin and thin" ?

Hadenough

3500 wow
hope you all paid with a credit card!!!

The Reverend Skyblue

We are fans that support CCFC through thick and thin.

i really can not stand your "holier than thou" attitude.

I am just as much a fan as your good self, even though i have'nt bought my three yet. I'll spend my money when i want and not you and your're fellow group, who bang on all the time that they've been good little boys and bought theres already band, tell me to.

Your "I'm better than you stance" is patronising and juvenile, so go and fuck yourself and do us all a good favour.

The Rev

Last edited:

italiahorse

i really can not stand your "holier than thou" attitude.

I am just as much a fan as your good self, but i have'nt bought my three yet. I'll spend my money when i want and not you and your're fellow group, who bang on all the time that they've been good little boys and bought theres already band, tell me to.

Your "I'm better than you stance" is patronising and juvenile, so go and fuck yourself and do us all a good favour.

The Rev

We are fans that support CCFC through thick and thin, is a correct statement in response to someone asking why we have bought our season ticket already ?
You are a fan that will support CCFC at some point depending on .................?. I'll be there regardless both home and away but not depending on ................ ?.
Take a chill pill.
PUSB

Grendel

3500 wow
hope you all paid with a credit card!!!

How amusing. Why do you think the club is going bust? Does that make you happy? What strange views people have on here.

Grendel

and SISU thnak you for it, that is one of the reasons they have been able to operate as they know you will renew so mortgage off future season ticket sales

shouldnt it be "support CCFC through thin and thin" ?

Yes and other than last season what has been REALLY different to every other season in the league (except mr Coventry may have had to buy his own ticket for a few games)

S

Skyblues2k

What have we really got to lose????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Has any one actually thought that the more season tickets sold, could actually give us a chance of winning this league. Say every season ticket holder from last year managed to bring in a new season ticket holder and we got up to 20,000 ST next year. For the first time ever the City could stand on its own feet, money would finally be available to sign quality players. The crowd would be like having an extra player on the pitch (Corny i know). If we start winning we may even start filling the stadium. This is how the likes of Norwich, Southampton and reading can afford to challenge and achieve what they did. OSB or someone with finance idea's work out the revenue the club would turn over if we got 27,000 for every game. I'm guessing ticket revenue (ST and walk up) could be 8 to 9 million? Sisu are not and never will be an Abramovich or the Man City owner, but i am thinking maybe it is time now to stop all the finger pointing and get behind the team 100% and lets have some fun in League 1. At the end of the day what have we really got to lose, can it really be any worse than the last 10 years?

Well said - expect a load of negative crap to follow.

Brighton Sky Blue

Assume we sell 20,000 season tickets at an average of £250/ticket; this equates to £5 million generated through season ticket sales alone. Assuming a walk up of 3-5k on top of that a week, with an average price of say £15/ticket, that raises an additional £45-75k per game, or £1-1.7 million over the season, excluding the 3 Cups we'll be participating in on top. Assuming those only attracted meagre crowds, we could quite feasibly achieve combined ticket revenues in the region of £7-8 million if we got those kinds of numbers taking up STs and match day tickets. Throw in added revenues from the club shop and, if we are granted them, matchday revenues, and we could even justify a wage bill increase still in line with L1 rules. Of course, my calculations are rough, but they probably aren't far off and illustrate that actually, if we bought tickets en masse, the product on the pitch would be better for it.

S

Skyblues2k

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

S

Skyblues2k

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

rob9872

Assume we sell 20,000 season tickets at an average of £250/ticket; this equates to £5 million generated through season ticket sales alone. Assuming a walk up of 3-5k on top of that a week, with an average price of say £15/ticket, that raises an additional £45-75k per game, or £1-1.7 million over the season, excluding the 3 Cups we'll be participating in on top. Assuming those only attracted meagre crowds, we could quite feasibly achieve combined ticket revenues in the region of £7-8 million if we got those kinds of numbers taking up STs and match day tickets. Throw in added revenues from the club shop and, if we are granted them, matchday revenues, and we could even justify a wage bill increase still in line with L1 rules. Of course, my calculations are rough, but they probably aren't far off and illustrate that actually, if we bought tickets en masse, the product on the pitch would be better for it.

We are hiding behind those rules of income based salaries. I understand that they come into operation but are not enforcable and there will be no penalties for not conforming this year. If we sell one ticket or 20000 tickets I think the budget and the investment on the pitch would show very little difference. I hope we do get good crowds but I don't expect it to make a change to the team. I would love SISU to come out and say that we have no war chest but that they are prepared to ring-fence 50% of all ticket sales for the manager to strengthen the side. Then its up to us. If we don't go we can't moan, but at least know that if we get others to go too, that they are making a difference. We know they need to recoup losses we know they are not a charity and at some point hope to turn a profit, but I think if they genuinely built up a level of trust and put it in our hands then we would all benefit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Has any one actually thought that the more season tickets sold, could actually give us a chance of winning this league. Say every season ticket holder from last year managed to bring in a new season ticket holder and we got up to 20,000 ST next year. For the first time ever the City could stand on its own feet, money would finally be available to sign quality players. The crowd would be like having an extra player on the pitch (Corny i know). If we start winning we may even start filling the stadium. This is how the likes of Norwich, Southampton and reading can afford to challenge and achieve what they did. OSB or someone with finance idea's work out the revenue the club would turn over if we got 27,000 for every game. I'm guessing ticket revenue (ST and walk up) could be 8 to 9 million? Sisu are not and never will be an Abramovich or the Man City owner, but i am thinking maybe it is time now to stop all the finger pointing and get behind the team 100% and lets have some fun in League 1. At the end of the day what have we really got to lose, can it really be any worse than the last 10 years?
The idea is right but unfortunately is extremely unlikely to happen.

Ashdown

I'm guessing all these 'Through thick and thin' chaps are quite young. I firmly believe now that, even if we went out and bought 20,000 season tickets we would do nothing more than provide an easy opportunity for Joyless and the crew to get their money back. They are holding the club to ransom, blackmailing the likes of ACL to let them have the only thing they ever came for................which is a chunk or all of the stadium. Its okay that they've offered AT precisely nothing to bring in players, I mean 'The thick and thinners' probably want to see it thinner so they can point at fans who have been going for 35 years and are now finally seeing through this criminality and call them part timers. Laughable.

Tad

I'm guessing all these 'Through thick and thin' chaps are quite young. I firmly believe now that, even if we went out and bought 20,000 season tickets we would do nothing more than provide an easy opportunity for Joyless and the crew to get their money back. They are holding the club to ransom, blackmailing the likes of ACL to let them have the only thing they ever came for................which is a chunk or all of the stadium. Its okay that they've offered AT precisely nothing to bring in players, I mean 'The thick and thinners' probably want to see it thinner so they can point at fans who have been going for 35 years and are now finally seeing through this criminality and call them part timers. Laughable.

Never understood the psychology of people and clubs. You support them not just to win but for entertainment, value for money, what they believe in, nostalgia, what they stand for and the people that work hard on and off the pitch. All these have been striped from the club, yet some people that choose to buy a season ticket blast others that don't? Mental. This club is on it's last busted leg. Feeding SISU money is just prolonging the inevitable.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Never understood the psychology of people and clubs. You support them not just to win but for entertainment, value for money, what they believe in, nostalgia, what they stand for and the people that work hard on and off the pitch. All these have been striped from the club, yet some people that choose to buy a season ticket blast others that don't? Mental. This club is on it's last busted leg. Feeding SISU money is just prolonging the inevitable.

Hold on. The slagging off in this thread was against those that were buying them.
Forget the past as we are where we are. Let's see what Sisu do for Ccfc this summer and ten make a decision. It does not matter when you buy your ticket as long as you do at some point. All money will be required next season at some point. There are arguments both ways.
example : if you don't buy your ticket in protest to Sisu then any buyer will see a small fan/income base. If you do buy your ticket it appears you support Sisu yet this may be seen as favourable to a buyer. We need to know what's going on so we can influence it in a positive way.

Tad

Hold on. The slagging off in this thread was against those that were buying them.
Forget the past as we are where we are. Let's see what Sisu do for Ccfc this summer and ten make a decision. It does not matter when you buy your ticket as long as you do at some point. All money will be required next season at some point. There are arguments both ways.
example : if you don't buy your ticket in protest to Sisu then any buyer will see a small fan/income base. If you do buy your ticket it appears you support Sisu yet this may be seen as favourable to a buyer. We need to know what's going on so we can influence it in a positive way.

Any potential buyer would/should do there research and see that there is a fan base here. We just don't like what's going on with SISU. If say SISU did get the Ricoh, do you think they'll sell it along with the club? No chance I bet. They'd sell it separately. Meaning they could still drain the club even without owning it - causing another reason for any buyers not to go for the club. This can't happen. We need them out; now!

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

We are fans that support CCFC through thick and thin, is a correct statement in response to someone asking why we have bought our season ticket already ?
You are a fan that will support CCFC at some point depending on .................?. I'll be there regardless both home and away but not depending on ................ ?.
Take a chill pill.
PUSB

There you go again!!!
I'm a better fan than you because I've already bought mine.
Preach to someone else how wonderful you are, what a magnificent fan you are, Did i say why i have'nt bought mine, or what it depends on.

I want to know if we going to have a team firstly,we have only a week left before we have to submit funding details to the league for next season, so what if the say bollocks there is no future for this club and we're liquidating the club, i want to know this before i part with the best part of a grand.

If thats alright with you,i'll spend my money when i know these details, but no your a much better fan so i should bow in your presence and say thankyou and well done.

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread