season overall view... (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

How would you describe the team after this season?....

I'll start...

Like one of them joke acts on bgt...

Otis

Incredibly lightweight. Totally lacking in backbone. Too many players who let their heads drop and disappear out of matches.

Really worrying habit of collapsing like a pack of cards as soon as a goal goes in for the opposition.

skybluepm2

Littered with appalling management stemming from the very top. Panic buys/loans inclusive of 78 strikers who with the exception of Samuel are all shite, atrocious results, optimism at returning home evaporating within days after the fuckwits game of brinkmanship finally backfired on an astronomical scale. Kept a manager who was clearly out of his depth for far too long compromising our position in the third tier of the football pyramid, fed yet more lies about a mythical stadium....

This thread really isn't helping to improve my mood this evening!

Malaka

Im just glad I have no more games to go to at the Ricoh this season, that was fucking shite!!!

stupot07

Im just glad I have no more games to go to at the Ricoh this season, that was fucking shite!!!

Yep, we performed much better at the Ricoh the season we were relegated. Awful season for us STH's that rarely go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

For me it's the season I lost hope that things could get significantly better. At the start of the season I was hopeful of a promotion push, even if I wouldn't be able to see most of it due to playing at Sixfields.

Then of course we had the Ricoh return and a huge wave of optimism. That didn't last long as before we knew it CCC & Higgs had sold our home to Wasps and with went any chance of us competing at the top level in my lifetime.

From there it was all downhill really, the inability to win at home, getting kicked out of our dressing room, the players not being interested, the ground being rebranded, SP losing the plot. Its been a thoroughly depressing season, I can't see us winning next week, we never turn up for games like that. Hopefully other results will mean we stay in the division.

Normally the close season is a time for optimism, not matter how bad things have been you hope the next season will bring some success. I'm struggling to have any hope for next season. Yes we should be capable of getting promotion (hopefully from L1 not L2!) and a season of success, maybe a trip to Wembley in the JPT as well, would be fantastic but would all be tempered by the fact we know we can't compete at a higher level with the situation we are in.

The worry is, if we become some sort of yo-yo club, ever relegation will see more fans walk away than the number who return with a promotion. Really struggling to see any positives.

Jackoskyblue

It's clear that not one player cares about playing for Coventry City at all. No passion no commitment, they don't care what happens to us if we go down they'll just find a new club. Not one player deserves to stay. Most of them are stealing a living as footballers.

The CableGuy

Spineless. From the keeper, to central midfield, to the strikers. Barely good enough for 3rd tier football and it might not be good enough for that next week.

Lord_Nampil

this season imo the key objective was to stay up and get back to coventry......

I think post Worcester game SP had lost the dressing room, TM has picked us up but yesterday i really think they thought they had done enough already and only had to turn up......

If we complete the 2 objectives up top then next season needs to be the start of moving forward!

SISU are the owners whatever happens that will not change, BUT if they make the right calls next season, ie were in league 1 TM is our manager and he has the power to do what he wants then we need to bk the club, and i understand for some people thats harder to believe or accept than others!

If were not in league 1 then thats a question to answer if that is the case.......

bringbackrattles

I think we are going down and if we do we deserve what we get. The club I love is a joke and to look over at Crewe fans celebrating and laughing at us summed it all up,we are a comedy act to other clubs and they're taking the piss and we just stand and take it !

Ashdown

I can only go off the limited number of games I have been to. Gillingham, Yeovil, Preston, Worcester, Exeter, Chesterfield and Crewe. All at home. W 3 D1 L3. Only half decent team I saw were Preston in a game where we created one chance that defected for a corner, it was dreadful and the sign of things to come. Poor quality squad, minimal effort, badly organised, not aggressive enough and not physically strong enough, very little pace. How could Waggot and Pressley get it so wrong for so long. I'm sure we have played a lot better in other games though or we would be down by now.

Users who are viewing this thread