Season Curtailment (2 Viewers)

Frostie

Yep, that's right. There's no story here, it was all agreed in advance.

There was only 1 week between the Spurs v Orient match & the next round of the cup so clearly there wasn't time for a rearranged fixture. For Man City I think it's something like 13 weeks between the rounds.
20201228_184412.jpg

no_loyalty

Spurs v Fulham off due to Covid in the Fulham squad.

Mcbean

Do you remember those bastards from Middlesbrough who got our fixture cancelled due to flu so that they could get their players fit - begs the question how far will it go before it is deemed a real issue pushing back games !

cov donkey kick

Well it's put back even further fans back in to grounds. It also takes pressure off managers who, are struggling without them having fans in grounds on there backs.

JulianDarbyFTW

Be interesting so see what happens with the FA Cup games. If a decent number are postponed, where the hell do they then fit into the fixture list? And if expulsion/ forfeit is an option, then it makes a mockery of a cup competition. Part of me thinks the FA Cup should have been cancelled for a year.

no_loyalty

Do you remember those bastards from Middlesbrough who got our fixture cancelled due to flu so that they could get their players fit - begs the question how far will it go before it is deemed a real issue pushing back games !

I think they were scheduled to play Blackburn? It cost them a points deduction which ultimately got them relegated, while we survived.

SBT

Yes, we stayed up because of it. Real genius move on their part.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Although i guess it's to be expected but Big Sam wanting a break when he just happens to have taken over a struggling team and got walloped.

Bit that galls me is how he says he's concerend about his own health. If you're that concerned why did you take a job two fucking weeks ago that will put you at risk? It's not like you're scraping to get by.

Magwitch

Although i guess it's to be expected but Big Sam wanting a break when he just happens to have taken over a struggling team and got walloped.

Bit that galls me is how he says he's concerend about his own health. If you're that concerned why did you take a job two fucking weeks ago that will put you at risk? It's not like you're scraping to get by.
Because he’s probably down to his last ten million.

covcity4life

Stopping season aint gonna help covid numbers go down. Without hsving to do their jobs players will prob break rules spread it more

Mcbean

I think we need football for our mental health - I will go mental
If they stop it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

Shouldnt we be holding a grudge now for 100 years, hoying shit at them and having a song about the death of their chairman

Magwitch

Don’t think it was a fixture against us it was another club, can’t remember which, and it cost them 3 points and ultimately cost them their premier league spot.

kg82

Don’t think it was a fixture against us it was another club, can’t remember which, and it cost them 3 points and ultimately cost them their premier league spot.
Correct. I think it was Blackburn. They got docked 3 points and went down because of it.

Londonccfcfan

Football and watching sports (on telly) is the only thing these days millions look forward to. It's a lifeline for many unfortunately in these times.

skybluesam66

a match used to be a half day experience, and was not just the 90 minutes
Being a TV fan holds nothing to the real thing, and cannot understand armchair fans (by choice) as they have not really been to a game
These are mainly people who claim to support the big teams.
Hopefully next season we will be back in grounds (but we were saying that about after xmas)

Covstu

Right now I would have been nursing a hangover in Norwich with a full English looking thinking about the first pint going down like razor blades but getting back on it. Sadly not to be but happy we can watch it especially when we are doing okay. We are slightly more rested than the rest of the league so if it stops it might help them rather than us. It’s not the same granted but it’s better than nothing and gives us all (in all sports) to look forward too

Users who are viewing this thread