Scunthorpe served winding up order (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Aren’t they bottom of the Conference? It’s crazy what’s happened to them - i remember they always seemed to do well against us.

alexccfc99

Can’t believe their downfall! Always seemed a well run little club

They always seemed to turn us over back in the day as well

stupot07

Can’t believe their downfall! Always seemed a well run little club

They always seemed to turn us over back in the day as well
They were spending well above their means in league one. 150% of their turnover in players in 2018
cf39d28c88d3dcd44c1e15a5e00b3e0f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Tip of the ice berg lot of well known clubs on the brink, some a lot higher up the pyramid than Scunthorpe.

JimmyHillsbeard

Saw them beat us in league one in what I think was Michael Doyle’s final game for us.
Collecting tickets from their club shop before the game overhead two older female Scunthorpe fans discussing our club. For context Robins had managed them after Huddersfield in a team with Jordan Clark and Gary McSheffrey.

“See they’re managed by Mark Robins? I’d forgotten about him”,
“Oh god yes. What a boring bastard he was!”

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Strangely enough was talking to my friend about this and our record against them, did a bit of research and it’s actually shambolic.

Attachments

• F846392C-0875-4D99-9CDD-686FF0C47F61.jpeg
    F846392C-0875-4D99-9CDD-686FF0C47F61.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 32

djr8369

They were spending well above their means in league one. 150% of their turnover in players in 2018
cf39d28c88d3dcd44c1e15a5e00b3e0f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
If only they’d invested a few more million, and I’m not talking mega bucks here, they might have got promoted to the big leagues and would be laughing all the way to the bank. That’s how it works, right?

Sky Blue Harry H

McSheffrey played for them too, and didn't one of our youth keepers go there on loan recently?

MAFF

remember they had a good side 16/17 season and somehow didnt go up. josh morris and kevin van veen- didnt they turn down a ridiculous offer from china for him??

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'll always remember that pompous twat Nigel Adkins in charge of them. We played them and lost (unsurprisingly) and he came out afterwards banging on about how the bigger clubs treat them like 'little Scunthorpe'. It was a strange rant.

ProfessorbyGrace

the snow one where Mcsheffrey threw snowballs and the goal went in off Joe Murphy's arse. The car froze up on the way home, it was so fucking cold
Interesting fact here:

I know someone who went to secondary school with McSheffrey, and his two brothers, and apparently he used to hurl snowballs at people with stones in the middle.
Funny that, I always remember that, and it was a good 28 years ago.

Evo1883

One of the worst places to go in recent years as a city fan , I think we won once in about 6 or 7 attempts

I wish them well

ccfctommy

Just discovered they are second bottom of the national league. Six points of safety with five games to go. Gateshead who are out of the bottom four have a better GD and have three games in hand - they will be in National League North with (hopefully) Leamington next season. They have announced they will train 70 miles away to attract players and are scrapping their academy set up.

Also, noticed other relegation places are held by ex Championship Yeovil Town and ex League club Torquay United!

Evo1883

A ground I hated us playing at , we generally struggled there .. I wish them all the best

Brighton Sky Blue

Just discovered they are second bottom of the national league. Six points of safety with five games to go. Gateshead who are out of the bottom four have a better GD and have three games in hand - they will be in National League North with (hopefully) Leamington next season. They have announced they will train 70 miles away to attract players and are scrapping their academy set up.

Also, noticed other relegation places are held by ex Championship Yeovil Town and ex League club Torquay United!
That league is a weird mix of teams being bankrolled beyond their means, a few semi pro clubs, and former League sides on hard times. Wrexham's Hollywood owners having to pump in millions to cover their losses. Hopefully Notts beat them to the punch

Users who are viewing this thread