Scunthorpe (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Scunthorpe (Away). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Scunthorpe (Away) </h2>
scunthorpe-utd-crest144-20539.png

Glanford Park
3PM Kick Off
</div>

Sky Blue Jack

Burge
Ricketts Martin Johnson Stokes
Vincelot Fleck
Murphy Lameiras O'Brien
Armstrong

I'm going for a 2-0 win, Murphy and then Tudgay off the bench to get the goals.. Hoping for a performance similar to Sunday to put the final nail in Robins' coffin! PUSB

fernandopartridge

The predictions of Scunny fans of a comfortable City win + Robins job safety + ex player factor mean I'm not confident about this one as much as I should be. 2-2 draw.

torchomatic

I never make predictions and I never will.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Interested to see how the defence line up; will Phillips come back or will we see the "ultra defensive" City again, which in fair never actually materialised?

As for upfront it will be a shame for Tudgay to be dropped but unsure if Mowbray will want him to play in an unfamiliar position behind Armstrong. Or could Armstrong play behind Tudgay and when attacking make his runs from behind?

3-1 win for me.

Ticket ordered yesterday. Hoping its delivered in good time!

Kingokings204

Interested to see how the defence line up; will Phillips come back or will we see the "ultra defensive" City again, which in fair never actually materialised?

As for upfront it will be a shame for Tudgay to be dropped but unsure if Mowbray will want him to play in an unfamiliar position behind Armstrong. Or could Armstrong play behind Tudgay and when attacking make his runs from behind?

3-1 win for me.

Ticket ordered yesterday. Hoping its delivered in good time!

Yes indeed. Was Phillips really "ill" not sure. I prefer him at right back to ricketts though as although ricketts was ok there we need a young full back up and down the wing.

Also could you not drop lameires and pop tudgay in? (Just a thought)

Tudgay said in post match interview he doesn't expect to start games but will be ready when called upon. Think he understands if Armstrong is available he'll start on bench. Hate playing against former managers and players. A clean sheet would be nice as think goals won't be hard to come by.

covcity4life

we should play

========burge============
====rickets==reda==========
job================haynes
========fleck============
lameries=============murphy
==fortune=tudgay==armstrong==

one day...one day lol

Covstar

Go 4-4-2 this game and try Tudgay up front with Armstrong as I don't feel Tudgay deserves to be dropped. I would go with :

---------------Burge-----------------
Phillips--Ricketts--Johnson--Stokes
Murphy--Vincelot--Fleck--Lameiras
--------Tudgay--Armstrong---------

3-2 City win with Fleck scoring a 25 yarder thunderbolt into the top corner in the 89th min. Armstrong and Tudgay the other two goalscorers.

TakeMeHome

Would take a 1-0 win. Would like to see us go 4-4-2 and go for it but why would Mowbray change a proven strong formation to suit this team?

Think it will be scrappy but should have enough about us for the win!

mrtrench

We should play 1-4-4-1. The first being a new position "Fumble Back" to clear the ball each time the keeper drops it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Feeling really positive about this one, we've got loads of options going forward now if Ryan Kent joins. Would go with this team

----------RCC
Ricketts--Martin--Johnson--Stokes
----------Vincelot--Fleck
JOB---------Lameiras----Muprhy
------------Armstrong
Bench
Burge
Phillips
Morris
Fortune
Kent
Tudgay
Lateef

Seems pretty likely though Burge will continue in goal though. Martin played well at Burton and Ricketts is a more steady performer than Phillips at full back so I'd keep the same back 4.

Got Kent, Tudgay, Fortune, Lateef to shake things up if we need a goal.

skybluetony176

Back to clean sheets for this one. I feel a repeat of the Milwall game coming on. I think we couldn't be playing them at a better time.

We'll probably get trounced now.

stupot07

Feeling really positive about this one, we've got loads of options going forward now if Ryan Kent joins. Would go with this team

----------RCC
Ricketts--Martin--Johnson--Stokes
----------Vincelot--Fleck
JOB---------Lameiras----Muprhy
------------Armstrong
Bench
Burge
Phillips
Morris
Fortune
Kent
Tudgay
Lateef

Seems pretty likely though Burge will continue in goal though. Martin played well at Burton and Ricketts is a more steady performer than Phillips at full back so I'd keep the same back 4.

Got Kent, Tudgay, Fortune, Lateef to shake things up if we need a goal.

C thomas will be on the bench ahead of Lateef if we sign Kent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Paxman II

This is one of those we all now expect to win. I hope we do and I believe under TM we will.
Armstrong will be benched after international duty and we should have enough without him. Tudgay must start surely.

If we remain confident and with our feet on the ground (no cocky over confidence) then we will come through by 2 or 3 clear goals I think. With the fixtures to follow this could fast become a season of true expectation.....

D

Deleted member 2477

Would love us to smash them and put the nail in Robins coffin.

Users who are viewing this thread