Scrapping a Car (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Has anyone recently scrapped a car? I've got to get rid of the wife's. Had a look in the paper and there was 3-4 adverts - looks like you get a tad more from breakers yards. Just wondered if anyone's had any recent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mechaishida

Has anyone recently scrapped a car? I've got to get rid of the wife's. Had a look in the paper and there was 3-4 adverts - looks like you get a tad more from breakers yards. Just wondered if anyone's had any recent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Had a Ford Focus scrapped 2 years, Y-reg, non-runner, got £250 for it from a company who came and collected it. Be buggered if I can recall their name, I'll see if I can find them.

ccfctommy

To get rid of my car. I used this car recycling website. Was very good. Ill let you know if i remember the website.

sotv1987

Scrap value has fallen through the floor lately, i treid to scrap my Audi A4 and was offered £40 for it, so i put it on ebay and got £200 as spare or repair, try ebay or Gumtree before scrapping it, what car is it and how much you looking to get for it?

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had a scrap with a car once. The car won. :(

stupot07

Thanks for the advice. It's an old punto, power steering unit has gone and its going to cost as much as the cars worth to get it fixed. Heard that the scrap value has dropped.

lewys33

Yh scrap value has gone down a lot. However I wouldn't list it on ebay as they are robbing b*$%£^$£ when it comes to fees. Use gumtree.

sotv1987

Yh scrap value has gone down a lot. However I wouldn't list it on ebay as they are robbing b*$%£^$£ when it comes to fees. Use gumtree.

Fair shout about ebay, however, if you get £50 more for the car by spending £10 its worth it, have got to agree though, Gumtree is probs a better choice!

lewys33

Fair shout about ebay, however, if you get £50 more for the car by spending £10 its worth it, have got to agree though, Gumtree is probs a better choice!

The £10 listing is fine, but then you have to pay around £30 after its sold as well, so if you are only selling the car for a few hundred its a rip off.

sotv1987

The £10 listing is fine, but then you have to pay around £30 after its sold as well, so if you are only selling the car for a few hundred its a rip off.

Wow! i wasn't aware of the £30 charge, last time i put a car on ebay then, thanks for the info, sutpot, steer clear of these robbing b***ards on put it on Gumtree !!! :eek:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thanks for the advice. It's an old punto, power steering unit has gone and its going to cost as much as the cars worth to get it fixed. Heard that the scrap value has dropped.
Power steering? In a Fiat Punto? Well I'll be blowed!

stupot07

Power steering? In a Fiat Punto? Well I'll be blowed!

The power steering on it was really really light. It's electric not a hydraulic system. It even has a button called "city park" and you can turn the wheel with your little finger.

stupot07

Stu If it's in good condition I may be interested in taking it off your hands for scrap price.

The inside is ok, but the outside has started to get a bit of rust, and some of the panels have faded in the sun so one or two are different shades of red. Used to pass it's MOT every year despite its age, but I think it could now be on that slippery slope.

rob9872

Got 3 vans for sale all £4k each. All high mileage but filly main dealer serviced and motorway miles one owner from new (company I work for). Will be bargain and ideal for local tradesman. 2x Citroën relays with 170k on clocks, 1x Mercedes Vito with 247k on. All 10 plates, signs already off and brand new battery in each. Pm me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread