Scotland, Championship and city fans (1 Viewer)

blunted

Think it will be interesting to see what sort of contract Hyam is given and for how long. He is out of contract in the Summer and as far as I know is still negotiating a new one. No doubt, this will reflect how the management team rate him and how he sees his own ability. Three years and he will be seen as a player who will get better, two years could go either way, one year we are looking to relace or Hyam feels he can get a better deal elsewhere. No deal, obvious.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

I think top 8 Championship is the next progression. Obviously we’re short on the left with the two loanees, but otherwise I think midfield (including RWB), GK, and up front we’re there IMO. JCS and Hyam might grow to be the right level, Fadz will almost certainly keep surprising me. I just think if we were looking for new players after LWB it would be the CBs. We have decent strength and depth everywhere else. Though I’d still like another tricky AM as understudy to O’Hare.
Just wonder if we could utilise Jodi Jones as a back up for LWB/AM?

fatso

Hyam continues to improve, but is still a week link if we have the intention to push on for promotion.
His positioning at times is week and it's often him who plays strikers on side, and his ball retention is very often absolutely shocking, I shiver when I see him try and play the ball out of defence.

He has done well to progress from league 2 to the championship, but he's definitely no better than a squad player at this level.

Add to that his woeful contribution from attacking corners and free kicks, and you start to see him as an area we could improve on. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm saying his place would be under threat if we had the money and Intention to go for promotion.
If we are happy to just survive in the championship, then he will do a job.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Hyam continues to improve, but is still a week link if we have the intention to push on for promotion.
His positioning at times is week and it's often him who plays strikers on side, and his ball retention is very often absolutely shocking, I shiver when I see him try and play the ball out of defence.

He has done well to progress from league 2 to the championship, but he's definitely no better than a squad player at this level.

Add to that his woeful contribution from attacking corners and free kicks, and you start to see him as an area we could improve on. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm saying his place would be under threat if we had the money and Intention to go for promotion.
If we are happy to just survive in the championship, then he will do a job.

Every player other than Gyokeres atm would be under threat if we had the money - we don’t and we are 3rd in the league with Hyam in defence

SleepyGinger

Yeah, wasn't having a go at Fadz, just hilighting they've got a mistake in them.

Tierney is decent for Scotland as well so wouldn't have expected him to get alook in on the left but Hendry on the right is poor. I think Hyam is better

Hendry just signed for brugge for around 7 million. Playing in the champions league, drew 1-1 with PSG this season. I think Hyam could get in the squad but wouldn’t imagine he would be a starter.

SlowerThanPlatt

Has he said he wants to play for Scotland? Played for their U21 but perhaps changed his mind since.

Listened to a podcast with Ben Turner and said he was offered the chance to play for Wales when he was at Cardiff but felt no affinity to them and couldn’t take a cap of a Welshman

shmmeee

Every player other than Gyokeres atm would be under threat if we had the money - we don’t and we are 3rd in the league with Hyam in defence

This is a silly comment. Obviously every player would but we won’t have the money to replace everyone so some level of prioritisation would be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread