School Boy Defending!! (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

Firstly, i dont want to sound like i am having a go at our defence as i think they have been excellent so far this term....but i say term as it seemed like it was the end of watching the game last night!

I'm not sure why Cranie decided to go for a header whilst looking at the floor, surely that is one of the most important things for a defender to do.....keep your eye on the ball!

I think AT hit the nail on the head in this mornings cet when he said it was like a non-contact sport!

This really was a shame as like i said i think Cranie and co have been stand outs, I'm going to stay positive though and just call it a bad day at the office :)

Swallow43

Whilst the defence has room for improvement, the greater concern is the lack of creativity from midfield and out wide that means goals will always be in short supply. As soon as we concede, we have a mountain to climb...hard to see where one goal will come from, nevermind 2. The kids are on a hiding to nothing at the moment...they need support and experience or the danger is that any confidence will soon go. PUSB

Il Pirata

The thread title is offensive to school boys, at least they try to make a tackle and close a player down every now and again.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
This is what I was shouting at my laptop all first half. The defence just stood off them and invited them to pass and turn and shoot. We should of been 4 nil down at half time. Saying that, although the second half wasn't amazing, up until the third goal we didn't seem too bad, not really chasing the game as much as I would of liked but at least defending a bit better! After the third it was just about holding out until fulltime...

Users who are viewing this thread