Schmeichel Doyle (1 Viewer)

AOM

It's an 'age thing' I guess. For those under 40, Probably 'yes'. If legendary status is achieved by longevity of service then again, yes.
I've got nothing against the guy but wouldn't class him a legend.

That's a good point.
I'm under 30 and so my earliest Cov memories are the Huckerby/Whelan years and the back end of the Prem, and so Michael Doyle is probably seen as one of the key figureheads of our more recent good fortunes and something I'd have more of an emotional connection to.

Magwitch

Perhaps the word “legend” is a bit over used we all have favourites over the years I go back to the Jimmy Hill era, the likes of George Hudson, Ian Gibson then later Tommy Hutch for me still iconic hero’s of my football youth.

But then there’s someone like George Curtis a player and club captain with promotions from division 4 to the 1st division recovering from a broken leg to be playing again just six months later and helping us to stay up, became commercial manager in tough times financially and was team manager of our cup winning team. So in terms of legend I challenge any other including JH to top that.

As for Michael Doyle I have a lot of time for him, seems to love the club too, would be okay if he came back one day in some sort of coaching position I think he would be good with the likes of the Acadamy set up for example.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In the same bracket as Richard Shaw for me. Fondly remembered but could never be considered for a first team legend XI. More like a legends squad member due to long service record.

Users who are viewing this thread